05-26-09 09:52 PM
30 12
tools
    This is not a question of knowing how to use the device. It is the fact that the device does not have the same function as almost every device on the market.
    It goes the same way if you want to add an email address or office number to an existing contact. The native functions in the device don't provide this option, if you received and email or call and now you want to add to an existing contact..
    Let's say I want to add an office number to my friends existing contact info. I can't simply select add to existing contact when they call. I need a third party app or I need to use cut and paste.
    If the Storm could handle all the third party apps it would be great but now I need to worry about the very limited app memory.
    Sad to say the device works great the fewer apps you have, but what is the fun it that?

All devices have their flaws. The Storm is frustrating for most including myself because it has not performed as expected.
    Some love it and some hate it. Me I have stopped caring. My upgrade time will come soon enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Anagram is good free 3rd app that allows you to capture and create and update contacts. The only thing though you have to review the exsisting contact to make sure the information is in the proper headings. But at least it eliminates the need for you to cut and paste from the message/phone apps to contacts.

Hopes this helps.
    05-26-09 04:59 PM
    I thought the same thing with this phone, it's weird.
    05-26-09 05:19 PM
    on any sms message, you can just HIGHLIGHT the name of the contact in the message, be it a contact you saved or an unknown number, and hit "send" and it WILL call...

however, there is a bug where it won't highlight the name if it is someone in your contact list. that is annoying, but all of the functions/services still work properly.
    05-26-09 05:27 PM
    You sir have thee best avatar I have ever seen.
    Thanks, THUNDER CATS, HOOOOOOOOOOO!

The funny thing is this other guy saw mine and totally jacked it for the 3D one.
    Anagram is good free 3rd app that allows you to capture and create and update contacts. The only thing though you have to review the exsisting contact to make sure the information is in the proper headings. But at least it eliminates the need for you to cut and paste from the message/phone apps to contacts.

Hopes this helps.
    Thanks, I will give it a shot.
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD