google maps 3.01 w/latitude
    facebook
    poynt
    quickpull
    sunlock
    talktock
    weatherbug
    aerize alerts

- I don't have a battery issue. I can talk for like 1 hour on the phone and it only drops 1 bar. There are a few things that will help you save battery life.
    1.) Make sure the GPS is not running in google maps, but actually closing the program when you are not using it
    2.) Using weatherbug - turn of locate on startup and turn off my location - and just use your city name that you live in for weather updates.
    3.) when using poynt - enter the location of your city. I have several surrounding areas listed. If you use GPS mode, it sucks the battery life.
    02-13-09 09:06 AM
    On default theme, still running full battery with normal usage. It was def the themes for me. I was almost dead at this point yesterday, today i'm at 95%. .103 is now a dream. Nothing else changed, still running all apps and have Latitude running as well. Those of you still having battery drain issues, are you running a theme?
    02-13-09 10:29 AM
    I too was getting horrible battery life once I did the upgrade to .103. Last night I decided I was getting rid of all apps except QuickPull. Then I decided to reinstall Visual Voicemail. So right now I am running those 2 apps and nothing else. The main thing I wanted to check on was memory which started at 48.1mb and is around 45mb after one 15 min phone call and 5 emails nothing else. I pulled the phone off of charge at 730am this morning and as of 1119a the battery meter is still full. I will check back with my findings.
    02-13-09 11:21 AM
    Abysmal battery for me too haven't had this problem with any past leaks, .99 was the last I tried. Mine is almost fully drained after 3 hours!! Horrible. The only third party app I have that others mentioned is opera, so that's the first to go. If that doesn't do it ill keep going till I find the culprit and report back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 01:24 PM
    Abysmal battery for me too haven't had this problem with any past leaks, .99 was the last I tried. Mine is almost fully drained after 3 hours!! Horrible. The only third party app I have that others mentioned is opera, so that's the first to go. If that doesn't do it ill keep going till I find the culprit and report back.

Are you running the default Zen theme, or did you put a new theme one. That did it for me. If I put the today plus theme, or the Red theme, I can watch it drain. Weird bug if you ask me.
    02-13-09 02:09 PM
    Ok, last update for me on this issue, once I removed weatherbug battery life is good, same a prior anyway. Heavy, heavy use and still sitting at 60% after 9 hours.
    02-13-09 04:39 PM
    Are you running the default Zen theme, or did you put a new theme one. That did it for me. If I put the today plus theme, or the Red theme, I can watch it drain. Weird bug if you ask me.
    I'm using the default theme. However, after removing Opera and eBuddy its working great. Regular battery use. So far Opera is a common problem with this release. Or it just needs to be reinstalled. Btw - where do you get other themes for the storm?

02-13-09 08:42 PM
    Major battery issues here.

I've always had My Locate on Weatherbug, GPS going on Google Maps and BB maps and didn't have this kind of battery drain on .75.

I did download Bolt last night and today battery drain has been pretty horrid. I wasn't too impressed with Bolt, so I could probably get rid of it at this point and see how it goes.
    02-14-09 12:47 AM
    Talked to BB about this. Storm is supposed to be charged 12 hours before first use. Try and get 1 charge in it as close as 12 hours as possible. Also, make sure you are exiting your applications by Menu>Close or using Escape to exit out of something so your programs arent continuously running.
    03-08-09 11:36 AM
    Horrible on .109 also. Im beginning to think the "battery life" issue is with the Storm period!!!
    03-08-09 12:17 PM
    After 3 batt pulls no more battery issues. After about 10 hrs of normal use, battery level is about 60%.
    03-08-09 12:39 PM
    Never had an issue before last night, have used all the upgrades,but wakin up this morning, and having had the phone off all night I have a dead BB. Thought there might have been something really wrong as when I plugged it into the charger it showed the red LED. whew, hope this isn't going to be an issue in the future,but will do what others have recommended and see how it goes..
    03-08-09 12:56 PM
    My battery barely makes it through a day with very minimal use. I'm still running the OS that was on the phone when I got it. The only apps I'm running are facebook, google maps which doesnt even work with Telus and the Youtube app.
    Pisses me off because I met this chicky snack friday and I couldn't write down her phone number straight into my contacts list.
    03-08-09 01:11 PM
    My battery barely makes it through a day with very minimal use. I'm still running the OS that was on the phone when I got it. The only apps I'm running are facebook, google maps which doesnt even work with Telus and the Youtube app.
    Pisses me off because I met this chicky snack friday and I couldn't write down her phone number straight into my contacts list.
    When I first upgraded to .109 I had major battery issues! I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and if I notice the battery starts to drain rather quickly then I will do a batt pull. Happens about every 4-5 days it seems. Still a lot better on .109 than .99 for me at least!
    03-08-09 01:19 PM
    I'm running 109 as well and the battery life sucks. I would charge it, take it off the charger and go to sleep. By the time I wake up in the morning, it would be at red!! I just deleted "Weather Bug" so I will see if battery life improves.
    03-08-09 02:12 PM
    Small update: I find that locking out the phone gives greater battery life. I'm on day 2 since last charge and I have 3.5 bars of charge left. This includes 4 or 5 calls, 30 minutes of playing brick breaker and checking emails and downloading MSN messenger. Not bad.
    03-10-09 10:03 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD