Yeah, it happened with the LGVX10000 or "Voyager" based on the same platform as the Dare. I had mine upgraded last November before offing it when I got my Storm. Better looking GUI and phenomenal change in performance. And gee, THERE WAS NO PRESS RELEASE THAT IT HAD HAPPENED...i found out about it by TALKING TO A VZW REP...
    He's right...They upgraded the OS when LG released the new color Voyager and never sent the original Voyager owners a notice. I sure didn't get one, I found out about it when a co-worker told me. He took his in for repair and that's how he found out!
    03-10-09 08:31 PM
    To back up the fact about VZW reps being total liars:

When I bought my Moto Q9m a year and a half ago, I was switching from the Sprint PPC 6700 Pocket PC phone. I told my rep that I needed a phone with a QWERTY keyboard, Built-In GPS, an WIFI. He talked me into buying the Q and told me it had them all.
    & of coarse most of you will know thats complete BS and it just had the keyboard.
    I went back the next day, very pissed off, and told them I wanted to return the phone, but the guy told me I couldn't and he said that they would release a software update "Within the next few weeks" that would enable both (physically impossible, since no wifi card was installed).
    It turned out that not ONE single Q update was released after I purchased the phone. I ended up rigging up a custom firmware for it would be moderately functional.

I made sure to do my research before buying the Storm, and I'm happy I did. I was a Windows Mobile developer and fan, but I just could not turn this down. I have a background in Java and Java-type programming (Java, JavaScript, Actionscript) so I will soon start looking into developing applications for the Storm.
    03-10-09 11:03 PM
    i actually talked to a VZW rep and he told me the new OS should be release in two weeks at the most and a firmware update on the 20th. I wouldn't trust it until i start the download.
    Lol you read my mind.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 01:31 AM
    i cant see the new os that they say going to be different any different at all from where its at now its still almost the same as other bb os's
    03-11-09 01:33 AM
    i cant see the new os that they say going to be different any different at all from where its at now its still almost the same as other bb os's
    Yep, and just like when .75 became official it will probably be an OS that has already leaked to us, just with an "official" stamp and a carrier specific vendor.xml file.

The whole "VZW is writing a totally new OS" is just an Internet Urban Legend. The next official will be 4.7.0.xxx
    03-15-09 04:18 AM
130 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD