Hello everyone,

Great website and awesome advice. I have spent hours reading posts.

I am about ready to give up on the Storm. It's my first BB and although I've tried to stay upbeat and positive the last few weeks (and two phones later for mine, 3 for hubby), I feel there are too many issues and a lot of wasted time with the Storm. All returns were due to click screen issues, not software.

my question: should I trade it in for a Curve? We have 2 storms and used our new every 2 credit. Or, should I go back to the enV and wait for a better BB on Verizon? How long will that be? We really need the BB now...

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    01-07-09 04:37 PM
    I know the storm isn't for everyone. If you want a great beginner blackberry then go with the curve. Its probably the most stable bb device on the market.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 04:47 PM
    If you still want a bb get the curve.

01-07-09 04:47 PM
    If go back to env and wait for the bold on vzw. But that's just me.

01-07-09 04:58 PM
    Supposedly there's some new BB coming to Verizon later this year. Think curve but smaller and one that is touch screen with a physical qwerty keyboard. But since you need one now I'd go with the curve it's a solid little smart phone.
    01-07-09 04:58 PM
    I'm in the same position as you...

My decision was to return the Storm, buy a used Curve(in Like-new condition) from eBay with the money I would get back. Then I would still have my New Every Two discount available when the CDMA 8900 Curve/New Whatever BB comes to Verizon later this year. I would then sell the Curve for whatever price I could get, say $125 in a few months, and use the upgrade.
    01-07-09 05:19 PM
    i would wait for the bold or 8900 equivilant to come out on verizon.

going to the curve is going backwards, plain and simple, that platform is what like 2 years old? more? it was out for a while before verizon got a cdma variant i think.
    01-07-09 05:22 PM
    i would wait for the bold or 8900 equivilant to come out on verizon.

going to the curve is going backwards, plain and simple, that platform is what like 2 years old? more? it was out for a while before verizon got a cdma variant i think.
    I thought exactly the same thing when I was browsing Blackberries at the Verizon store... then I got to the Curve. The interface besides the home screen doesn't look all that much different from the Storm. I mean, it lacks a lot of features that the Storm offers: touch screen, faster browser, 3.2mp Camera, etc, but its also a lot more Stable and quicker to use than the Storm. IMO, its certainly a nice enough phone to keep me satisfied until the new BBs come to Verizon.
    01-07-09 05:27 PM
    yeah but we are always upset wit hthe lack of ram on the storm, especiall since you cant install apps to the memory card.

and the curve only has 64mb of ram! (verizon claims 32mb but i think thats wrong)

64mb of ram and program storage space is lacking.
    01-07-09 05:32 PM
    yeah but we are always upset wit hthe lack of ram on the storm, especiall since you cant install apps to the memory card.

and the curve only has 64mb of ram! (verizon claims 32mb but i think thats wrong)

64mb of ram and program storage space is lacking.
    The Verizon Curve 8330 has 96Mbs of RAM, which is an upgrade from 64Mbs on the 8310/8320 from the other providers.

And I'm not upset with the amount of RAM on the Storm... I'm upset about the memory leaks that make the available memory seem like a problem.
    01-07-09 05:48 PM
    Thanks to all the replies. Finally went to Verizon and returned 2 storms. I went with the Curve. Once you go BB, you can't go back! It seems like a solid device. I look forward to programming it tonight.
    I love this website!!!! Great support out there!
    Last edited by typeaberry; 01-08-09 at 08:25 PM.
    01-08-09 08:18 PM
    I hope you enjoy your Curve. Now, when a later variation of the Storm comes out on VZW, you can pick that one up and be entirely happy with your purchase.
    01-08-09 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD