well if you have all your info backed up and have new os on pc already then just do a full wipe and reinstall and see if that helps.battery could be issue too but if its happening to that many people than software most likely is the cause. if reinstall doesnt work then exchange phone.
    02-04-09 12:03 PM
    ive had a LITTLE the same problem, but this is what happened to mine.

i just got my new replacement and i updated it with the .99 and turns out that it STOPPS chargin!! >=/ it saysthat it IS charging with teh lightning bolt sign but it DIDNT charge! im soo mad because my phone is about to die. i cahrged it at 8 pm and i woke up at 9 am and its STILL in the yellow. wtf help please!!!

and besides that, my phone has been on 15% since 9 and its stil lthere lol
    02-04-09 12:08 PM
    Wow, as I was reading this my .75 Storm rebooted...
    02-04-09 02:32 PM
    Twice I have noticed that the phone was not charging while connected. It's happened via outlet and USB. Both times a battery pull BEFORE the battery died solved the problem.
    02-04-09 02:51 PM
    I had this same problem this morning. I did the update to .99 last night, plugged my Storm into the cradle and let the phone go to Bedside. I awoke not to the alarm, but by sheer luck. The phone was dead, battery pull did nothing. I did, however, have a spare battery. I did a swap, and the cradle started to charge the battery from the phone. Plugged the charged battery into the phone, came right up.

I don't know if this was because it didn't charge on the cradle or not, I'll have to check tonight. But the battery was deader than...well....dead. Not sure if it had to do with bedside mode or not.
    02-04-09 03:00 PM
    This thought has crossed my mind... Although I have not had any problems with power drains or a battery that won't hold a charge, and I've had this replacement phone for about 3 weeks (ironically the first phone was replaced in 3 weeks as well but for a different reason altogether).

I find it strange that a battery will charge fully one day and the next show no life whatsoever. I'm leaning toward a hardware malfunction with the phone, whether the charging mechanism went bad, or .99 is the result.

Note, all of this occurred while the phone was plugged in this morning. I picked up the phone to check my messages (still plugged in) and it appeared to be trying to do one of its spontaneous boots. However, it flashed the red light off and on several times before I decided to pull the battery. Since then, the phone is completely dead.

Thanks for all of the advice -- please keep the comments/assistance rolling!
    Oh same here. My battery was working fine, battery life was what I expected, no signs of anything wrong with it. Woke up one morning when I went to bed with a mostly fully charged Storm and it was dead the next day...never turned back on. I thought I'd somehow managed to brick my phone until I realized that it simply refused to turn on. Although I was really confused as to why the battery would just randomly decide to stop working.

Got a new battery and thats been running fine ever since.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 02-04-09 at 03:44 PM.
    02-04-09 03:41 PM
    Absolutely correct. Batteries have a 1 year warranty just like the devices. Albeit its a separate warranty, but a warranty none the less. Call technical support and they can ship one out via FedEx that day if you call before 3pm EST.
    I took mine to the VZW Store, I got one that instant.

You guys should've seen my reaction. Never have I been so happy to see that blank white initial start up screen. I almost jumped in the store. I did NOT want to have to get a replacement Storm, mine's been running so well.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 02-04-09 at 03:45 PM.
    02-04-09 03:42 PM
    Oh same here. My battery was working fine, battery life was what I expected, no signs of anything wrong with it. Woke up one morning when I went to bed with a mostly fully charged Storm and it was dead the next day...never turned back on. I thought I'd somehow managed to brick my phone until I realized that it simply refused to turn on. Although I was really confused as to why the battery would just randomly decide to stop working.

Got a new battery and thats been running fine ever since.
    YEah, that was probably the overall problem with the phone, but the non-click corner problem (even with the paper fix method) was annoying. The new phone, I have absolutely no problems (knock on wood). I'll stick with .75 until VZW sends out an update OTA.

Thanks again for everyone's help!
    02-04-09 06:31 PM
    I took my bricked phone to Verizon to test a new battery and still got the same boot screen and then the nothing. They looked at my phone for about an hour and said the battery and phone was fine that it had to be software. I failed to mention to them my recent .99 upgrade but either way they simply replaced it no questions asked.

It acted like it was stuck in a power off mode and was a complete waste of a day. Maybe instead of pushing out a new upgrade number every third day, someone might invest the time to get it right. With all the OS upgrades and random new problems, my supposed life line is becoming more of just a chore.
    02-04-09 06:55 PM
    I asked earlier what happened when plugged to ac power without a battery. You should have gotten an error screen like that.
    02-04-09 10:47 PM
    Same exact thing hapened to me.... after lots of "solutions" that didnt work.. i called VZ up and went to the store for a new phone, only diference is that i updated to .83 i believe when it happened.
    02-04-09 11:48 PM
    Alright, so I took my phone back to the VZW store and they replaced it, no questions asked. I'm sticking to .75 until the official release comes out.

Thanks for everyone's submissions! I appreciate the help!

That's my mentality now... or ill just figure out a way to scam this little guy when it comes out.

02-04-09 11:54 PM
    I took my bricked phone to Verizon to test a new battery and still got the same boot screen and then the nothing. They looked at my phone for about an hour and said the battery and phone was fine that it had to be software. I failed to mention to them my recent .99 upgrade but either way they simply replaced it no questions asked.

It acted like it was stuck in a power off mode and was a complete waste of a day. Maybe instead of pushing out a new upgrade number every third day, someone might invest the time to get it right. With all the OS upgrades and random new problems, my supposed life line is becoming more of just a chore.
    Totally the wrong post tone and totally your fault for not knowing how to unbrick your phone. This is your own fault and certainly proves that you are one of those people I frown upon that upgrade, fake brick, and then return the phone for a swap and let RIM take the heat. Not cool in my book, but hey...
    02-05-09 12:16 AM
    Totally the wrong post tone and totally your fault for not knowing how to unbrick your phone. This is your own fault and certainly proves that you are one of those people I frown upon that upgrade, fake brick, and then return the phone for a swap and let RIM take the heat. Not cool in my book, but hey...
    Whatever, thanks to the post!
    02-10-09 04:49 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD