After running .99 happily for 3 days, I had an uber-lockup this evening.

I received an incoming call with my Storm in the belt holster (magnetic latch), I pulled it out to answer the call and as I tilted it, the screen locked, displaying 1/2 white screen and 1/2 the phone screen. I thought I'd wait to see if it'd recover, but after 30 minutes it was still locked that way (even displaying the time it locked).

It took 2 batpulls to get it to recover, the first one ended up in 1/2 a VSOD and 1/2 whitescreen. On the 2nd batpull, it hung with 1/2 VSOD and 1/2 clock, but I hit the "back" button and it recovered. However, it was still acting very strange (lots of lag)...

Up to this point, .99 was my favorite of all... but this lockup was a booger.
    02-04-09 09:48 PM
    Getting worse and worse????

So, I had the lockup that prompted this thread last night. Today I've had 2 more. All related to ANSWERING THE PHONE.

Now, I can understand if some BB features/apps don't work, but THIS IS A PHONE FIRST!!! It ought to at least be able to do PHONE functions without garbaging up other things.

SO, .99 may be stable, and it may have lots of things fixed, but as a phone - it's a failure...
    02-05-09 01:21 PM
    I had a similar problem yesterday while answering the phone (not from a holster). Definitely ready for the next beta!
    02-05-09 02:39 PM
    Remember they're not official for a reason. I say it a dozen times a day. Try OS .76. It is pretty fast (not .90 fast but better than .65 and .75) and everything works!!! OK so the camera is generally unusable with a living subject (unless really, really old or comatose) but even the pictures on still objects are of far superior quality than most of what has come after.
    02-05-09 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD