walmart.letstalk.com

It's $199 with $100 rebate, but they have them in STOCK!

when i ordered on Monday it said ETA was 12/2 but it actually shipped today.

unfortunately ups does not deliver on Thanksgiving, so i gotta wait until friday
    Last edited by SNICKA; 11-26-08 at 09:34 PM.
    11-26-08 09:31 PM
    WTF??
    I'm about to put in a serious call to Verizon and Best Buy. That's $100 discount. RIDICIULOUS!
    11-26-08 09:36 PM
    WTF??
    I'm about to put in a serious call to Verizon and Best Buy. That's $100 discount. RIDICIULOUS!
    You're not going to get anywhere with Best Buy. They don't match online prices, and since it's 199.98 in the store, you're getting the same price.
    11-26-08 09:37 PM
    Matter of fact it's only for the new customers. I'm an NE2 updgrade. Dammit. Oh well.
    11-26-08 09:40 PM
    Matter of fact it's only for the new customers. I'm an NE2 updgrade. Dammit. Oh well.
    Oh yeah...that too..and if you're a NE2 upgrade, you should be getting it for $99 anyway....
    11-26-08 09:41 PM
    I should mention that i am getting a new verizon account with 2 year commitment. also they lowest plan to get the $99 price storm is the 450 minutes with unlimited text for $59.99 plus the BIS plan for $29.99

initially i wanted to only get the 450 minutes with no texts @ $39.99 then add 250 texts per month @ $5

but now i find out if i want to use AIM on the phone each message counts as a text message, so unlimited SMS is the way to go
    11-26-08 09:41 PM
    ok so apparently Verizon(and apparently Best Buy) does need a phone call.
    11-26-08 09:44 PM
    And you're going to tell them what exactly?
    11-26-08 09:48 PM
    Like I said, Best Buy's price matching policy doesn't include online retailers. You're not actually buying the phone from wal-mart, but letstalk. So there is no case. Believe me...I tried getting a bluetooth for the price on amazon, and it didn't work.

PS. I think the fact that I just found a $25 off coupon for letstalk to bring the price of the storm down to $75 has made my decision that I'm getting the storm....
    11-26-08 09:50 PM
    I should mention that i am getting a new verizon account with 2 year commitment. also they lowest plan to get the $99 price storm is the 450 minutes with unlimited text for $59.99 plus the BIS plan for $29.99

initially i wanted to only get the 450 minutes with no texts @ $39.99 then add 250 texts per month @ $5

but now i find out if i want to use AIM on the phone each message counts as a text message, so unlimited SMS is the way to go
    Is this carrier specific? I think on Verizon, AIM counts as data usage.
    11-26-08 10:00 PM
    i just dont get how you ordered ont he 24th and are getting it the 28th.
    11-26-08 11:09 PM
    Is this carrier specific? I think on Verizon, AIM counts as data usage.
    I hear it is program specific. If you use the verizon program to access AIM, it uses text messages, if you download straight from AIM or other third parties, it uses data...
    that is just from reading posts here, so I may not be 100% correct.
    11-26-08 11:34 PM
    I hear it is program specific. If you use the verizon program to access AIM, it uses text messages, if you download straight from AIM or other third parties, it uses data...
    that is just from reading posts here, so I may not be 100% correct.
    I hope this is not true. I would guess it uses data like AT&T, though I have heard T-Mobile does this on their BB Curve. But you never know with Verizon. If that's indeed the case, then just buy BeeJive IM for a one-time $20, Storm version due out Jan '09 I believe.
    11-27-08 12:11 AM
    This is crazy..why isn't verizon allowing us to get it for 99

BlackBerry� StormT (Verizon Wireless) Price Breakdown

Phone Price $249.99
    $50 LetsTalk instant discount -$50
    Shipping FREE

Price Today:: $199.99
    $100 LetsTalk mail-in rebate -$100

After Rebate(s): $99.99
    11-27-08 07:54 AM
    It says "new plan" on the wally site for $99.
    If I am in the middle of my 2 yr plan now and want this can I do it or will I have to cancel my current plan and start a new one? If I did that wouldn't there be an early termination fee? Would it be a new 2 yr plan from today's date? Of course I need to keep my current phone number.
    I never bought a phone online before but leave to wally world to under cut everyone else.
    Verizon should honor this deal as well.
    11-27-08 08:48 AM
    It says "new plan" on the wally site for $99.
    If I am in the middle of my 2 yr plan now and want this can I do it or will I have to cancel my current plan and start a new one? If I did that wouldn't there be an early termination fee? Would it be a new 2 yr plan from today's date? Of course I need to keep my current phone number.
    I never bought a phone online before but leave to wally world to under cut everyone else.
    Verizon should honor this deal as well.
    This isn't wallyworlds website really. Wal Mart works with an online retailer called letstalk. You are actually ordering through them.

In order to get that price, you need would need to cancel, pay the etf, and start a fully new contract.

Why should Verizon honor the deal? I'm confused....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 09:32 AM
    This isn't wallyworlds website really. Wal Mart works with an online retailer called letstalk. You are actually ordering through them.

In order to get that price, you need would need to cancel, pay the etf, and start a fully new contract.

Why should Verizon honor the deal? I'm confused....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ok my bad thx for clearing it up for me.
    I will wait I guess until I can find one or maybe go the Omnia route. Not sure yet. I wasn't able to get a Storm on release day.

VZW should honor it as a match a competitor thing and just for not having enough stock on hand for the 1st day sales. I know, dumb reasons just still PO'D about the whole thing.
    A Best Buy near me had five..FIVE, I said you should have had 50. Not her fault of course and she agreed. Some people were none to pleased about being the 6th one there and no phone.

Anyway thx again...
    11-27-08 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD