Are there any?

i have had my phone running .99 since 7 am on sunday morning and i have had no random reboots, no frezzes or barley even a glitch. if there was ne thig i found that would be that sometimes if i double click the blackberry button to send a message it either will open up that app switcher or just not send it, but thats a minority of the times.

i know people who look to instal a leak they look for problems first to see if its worth istalling and i usualy wait 2 days before making my final judgement. so here it is. its been 2 days now and its time to start compiling the verdict on .99 i say its a great OS but i want to hear ever problem people have had.

Storm users, what problems are you having with .99???
    02-03-09 08:20 AM
    I installed .99 on sunday morning as well. I havent had an issues, no reboots, or battery pulls and the icon on the home screen to power off actually works. The camera quality is just as good or better, & its a little faster. The keypad would be my only complaint, its a little blurry or not as clear as it should be. but other then that its the best OS ive tried yet.
    02-03-09 08:26 AM
    I'm not able to send MMS, I'm looking to fix it now.
    02-03-09 08:33 AM
    Same here, installed Sunday morning. There are some flaws, but this OS is STABLE!

If I could find anything to be picky about (and I'm really being picky, I love this OS), I've had a few application errors. Viigo closed up after a java.lang.exception, but it only happened once and hasn't happened again.

Gtalk (.27) had issues for some reason: It installed but in my applications list it only showed the module, not the application. It also froze up several times (opened new chat with contact, hit back before entering text, bringing up the menu to end chat froze the app) so I downgraded back to 2.2.22 and all seems well.

These are just 3rd party app problems, and not a testament of the OS stability if you ask me.

Last, I could complain about the memory leak, but it seems app memory (unless you get VERY low) is just a number and doesn't really alter the usability of the phone. Also, I'm running quite a few 3rd party apps (Autolock, BuzzMe, Champion Chess, Dope Wars, Facebook, FileManagerPro, Google Maps, Google Sync, Google Talk, logMaid, ScreenLock, SitOrSquat, SoftReset, Viigo, Weatherbug, YouTube), any one of which could be contributing to the "problem".

The decrease in color depth isn't a real big deal, considering I haven't had one VSOD or Media Card Inserted lock up.

So far so good with .99!
    02-03-09 08:35 AM
    Installed Sunday morning and so far so good. Battery life has been great, I am still at 45% this morning, but I will admit that yesterday was a light day for emails and phone calls. Everything seems quick and stable. I did a quick pull yesterday because it just seemed to be acting up a little, but o problems with VSOD or anything like that.

I played with another storm with .90 and it seemed even faster, but after looking at it there are no 3rd party apps or anything else. I kinda like the screen snap rather then fade on .90. But I helped him with device switch, did a batt pull and got the VSOD, I had to laugh. So he is getting the .99 upgrade today also.
    02-03-09 09:01 AM
    I have had relevenatly ZERO issues with .99, I agree it is by far and away the most stable OS to date.

I am a little upset with the BIS server issue yesterday!!!! How about a notification nect time RIM!
    02-03-09 09:05 AM
    I said this in another thread, but it was the only problem I've seen, so I'll say it again Once in awhile if I press the back button to turn on the screen it just won't work, it'll take like 10 pushes before it does. However, I think it had something to do with the text noise I was using because I noticed it only happened after I received a text with that noise lol. I changed it and haven't had this problem since.

And everyone already knows about the fwd-ing of mms bug...

Otherwise .99 is extremely stable, thankfully. No random restarts or freezes.
    02-03-09 09:15 AM
    save a recorded video = instant freeze/reboot
    02-03-09 09:53 AM
    save a recorded video = instant freeze/reboot
    Not true for me. All media works perfectly. It is strange how inconsistent some of our findings our though. I wonder why this is...
    02-03-09 09:55 AM
    The only issue I have had is with the alarm clock. Last night I went to set it and had to do a battery pull. Besides that I love this OS. It would be nice if they restored the previous keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 10:05 AM
    When playing media through your vehicles AUX port, audio isn't a "controllable" factor. Volume levels change on the storm w/ out being able to set it back unless i do a battery pull. This usually only happens after i'm playing music and get a SMS/EMAIL etc and it disrupts the audio. Phone just goes into "all alerts off" for now. (while driving)
    02-03-09 10:08 AM
    Please - any active links for leakedd .99

Thanks in advance

Jay
    02-03-09 10:08 AM

Thanks in advance

Jay
    I know on page 455 on the official leak thread somebody had hosted it.. search
    02-03-09 10:10 AM
    How do you jump to a specific page?
    02-03-09 10:12 AM

Thanks in advance

Jay
    Off topic!
    02-03-09 10:15 AM
    From reviewing hundreds of pages of reported issues. Most issues right now seem centered on Messaging. BBM/ MMS/ AOL/ Google etc... I imagine if someone is brave enough, they could try swapping a prior COD to see how that works.

Media Player issues seem to be centered around tracks that either have or had as part of their encoding DRM at some point, or may be an encryption option setting (I am not getting enough info from posters of the issue to be certain).

O/w the vast majority of users appear to be happy with the speed and stability of the build after 2 days. If the OS settles nicely into the device, as BB OSes often do over time. This could be a very nice OS for a few weeks until we get an Official OS that fixes the BT with video, backlight and color depth issue.
    02-03-09 10:32 AM
    just the mms issue!!!
    02-03-09 12:06 PM
    i found that my battery is ever so slightly worse than .90. but i've had no crashes and my backlight FINALLY turns off.
    02-03-09 12:49 PM
    All I know is I've got .99 problems and a BlackBerry ain't one.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. No issues with the OS so far.
    02-03-09 01:09 PM
    The other day I got a calendar event reminder and upon pulling it out of my sleeper magnet holster I was able to see the appointment for a split second and before I was able to push anything it just poof went to error 99 and said reset. A push of the screen rebooted it. That and other strange random issues with the camera doing weird things when taking pictures straight down where it can't tell which way the accelerometer is pointed cause its only a 2 axis unit.
    02-03-09 01:14 PM
    I did like the speed in .90, but am happy w/ the stability of .99. I do have one issue I run into time and time again; minor but - the message notification disappears when you switch from portrait to landscape.

.99 is a fantastic OS - no random reboots thus far - just some third party apps having a few exceptions.
    02-03-09 01:16 PM

Thanks in advance

Jay
    First a little off topic but here is a torrent link:
    BlackBerry Storm OS 4.7.0.99 (download torrent) - TPB

And as for the topic at hand... I love .99. No issues yet!!
    02-03-09 03:00 PM
    Almost all of the time, my phone freezes for a few secs after receiving any type of message (sms, mms, bbm, gtalk, aim, etc)...u hear the alert tone, then freezes for about 15 secs -- the backlight doesnt come on no matter what u press, until 15 secs later....its honestly pretty annoying. I'm tempted to go back to .85 just bc of this. Imagine having an actual chat, where u receive multiple messages...u cant respond or anything, til 15 secs later, and u need to hope the other person doesnt send a msg before u finish typing ur reply, or u wait 15 secs again!
    02-03-09 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD