Hello crackberry world
    this is my first official post (yes, i am popping my cherry)
    i just wanted to post my story
    this is my first official blackberry phone. (techincally my 7100 was my first but since i knew nothing of its capabilities or how to use it, i dont consider that i owned one. only lasted like 3 months with it)
    So far i have been pleased with my storm. i came from a moto q-> LG dare-> bb storm
    I have to admit though, the storm does no respond as quickly as my previous phones, but those old phones also were not close to matching the capabilities with the storm.
    well, last night i decided to go from the .90 OS to the .99
    as soon as the process was complete i began to tinker with my phone. i got to admit, i am impressed from the jump from the two OS's.
    .99 is far more better than .90
    so as i went to sleep all happy and satisfied that my phone worked great, i remembered i forgot to pay my cell phone bill :/
    i told myself, "i'll just call verizon in the morning and ask them to wait till next week. hopefully they can."
    well sure enough, when i woke my phone was officially disconnected
    i called verizon and they cannot put it back up online once it has been disconnected. so now im stuck with a media player for 2 weeks
    but then i checked my phone bill...
    i owe $600
    might be longer than 2 weeks now
    damn economy
    well this concludes my first post
    moral of the story
    pay ur bill
    Last edited by jalexmontes; 02-03-09 at 04:02 PM. Reason: misleading title
    02-03-09 01:18 PM
    Either pay your bill and you wont be disconnected anymore

or

Return the phone and you wont have to pay 600 for the phone.
    02-03-09 01:19 PM
    Ok. First things first I have went from owning a brick phone to now having a BB Storm. Showing my age a little. Dear lord I even remember having the first color screen display phone a Siemens S10 to be exact. THREE whole colors RED, BLUE, and GREEN. Alas I have went recently from the Voyager to The BB Storm. Very pleased with my decision btw. But in all this history one thing remains steadfast. I paid the bill! lol
    02-03-09 01:37 PM
    hahahahahaha
    i remember the S10!
    i had that one! hahahaha
    i always pay my bill
    but i lost my job and unemployment is just enough for the other bills
    but oh well
    im just waiting for my income taxes so i can pay off my bill
    02-03-09 01:44 PM
    BTW Verizon right? Have you tried calling Financial Services? They sometimes will work things out for you like payment plans. Just FYI, no promises.
    02-03-09 01:54 PM
    600 in usage charges?

is that like 6 months past due? if not, maybe you can change your plan to prevent this from happening in the future.

i dont hink they let you go more than 2 months past due, so your bill is $300 a month? sometimes when your unemployed, you need to cut your texting from 15,000 texts a month to 500. lol, seriously though, why you owe so much?
    02-03-09 02:01 PM
    i owe for 3 months of service
    and for the price of the phone
    i orginally got the lg dare at verizon and paid for the phone cash. and on my 29th day of test driving i switched to the bb storm. so they changed my plan which got me another month with the phone. which is why i got 3 months instead of 2.
    but when i returned the dare, they gave me the cashback for the phone and instead of being wise and going to the machine and putting the money back into my bill, i used the money for diff. bills, food, and gas (trust me, i really had to get that handled first) and i told myself "i can pay the phone bill in 2 weeks."
    At the moment, i was still working, still thinking that i was gonna have money coming in. then about 2 weeks later (after all the money from the dare was spent), i was laid off.
    and ever since then i've been sailing along, hoping they werent going to cut my phone and now they finally did. but i am working again, but its gonna a few more weeks for me to pay the 600.
    so basically 600 is for 3 months of service and the price of the phone and the restocking fee of the dare

i called verizon and they will settle for 250 now and have my phone back activated. the rest will be at the end of feb.
    that saves me ton, but i still have to wait til next week to pay that 250
    thanks for the advice
    02-03-09 03:13 PM
    Hmm ... I think the title of this thread should be changed to:

I didn't pay my bill for 3 months and now phone is disconnected!!!

Sorry you got laid off, but the title misleads people into thinking that upgrading to the .99 OS will permanently disconnect their phones from the carrier.
    02-03-09 03:15 PM
    im still new to this site
    is it possible to change the topic?
    02-03-09 03:21 PM
    im still new to this site
    is it possible to change the topic?
    You can possibly change the title by hitting the Edit button on it, click on "Go Advanced" and then update the title there. If it doesn't work, click on the warning post sign (triangle) and for reason, say "wrong title, please fix" and a Mod will change it for you.

I too thought the phone had been disconnected because you had upgraded to .99.
    02-03-09 03:26 PM
    there i changed it

thanks

long live crackberry.com
    02-03-09 04:03 PM
    UPDATE
    my phone is paid

and enjoying .99 OS
    big step up from .90
    im here at work and comparing it to my co-workers .75
    i didnt have to say anything, he's convinced. he's coming to my house to upgrade to .99
    02-05-09 03:59 PM
    if you have no job and get unemployment, IMO, you should not have a blackberry

period

that is just my opinion...this thing is expensive enough and i have a job
    02-05-09 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD