1. Of course the blue light not keeping up with the SureType keyboard was absolutely HORRIFYING to type on. Made me hate the Storm as much as the very first OS that it came with. I couldn't stand how sluggish it was and the extreme lag I found myself constantly wanting to pitch the phone across the room.

2. WeatherBug no matter how many times I deleted and reinstalled the program, somehow I could NOT get to work on .99 OS. I don't know what it was but it just wouldn't load properly, or not update properly, etc.

3. The lock button seems to have gotten back the .75 OS lag that I hated, where I would press it, and it wouldn't even register that I had pressed it. It was almost numb sometimes.

4. The dimming of the screens was just awful to me, the worst I've seen on any of the OS. And the navigating through menus was just slower all around than .90 OS.

I really really really just hope that something comes out soon better than .99 OS. I am a little tired of the freezing of the phone constantly in .90.
    FAIL: Got my two Storms first day, no issues as you describe, although, haven't tried WB.
    02-03-09 07:05 PM
    I'm going back to .90

Too many issues
    02-03-09 07:06 PM
    I have BB maps since I unpack My Storm, never had no problems with Weatherbug at all. I think .99 is awesome.
    02-03-09 07:14 PM
    Funny, I wanted to wait and wait for the official upgrade, but got so frustrated with .76 that I decided to load .99 last night. So far, so great! It's made me love this phone again as I was seriously contemplating going back to the Curve.

Sorry that you are having issues with it.
    02-03-09 07:19 PM
    Every time I've tried use weatherbug it's been a battery hog and I've dumped it. With it gone -- I can get 14-18hrs of run time easily (maybe even more the longer I run)
    02-03-09 08:16 PM
    my weather bug works great. the typing is the worst part of the software. the only thing happening is the led wont go off sometimes. best OS in my book. .90 kept giving me error messages and shutting off the phone on me.
    WX bug works great for me too on .99. Have upgraded to every leaked OS dirty also. The typing lag is bothersome, no doubt and sometimes my LED also will not register new msgs, but all around its another step in the right direction. I did read somewhere in this leak thread to not do an immediate battery pull after upgrading, but to wait and allow the new OS to do......whatever it does. Then after a few hours, do the bp. I followed those directions and am on Easy Street with all aps running well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 09:27 PM
    The one and only issue I have with .99 is that trick to make your storm use T9 instead of SureType or regular multitap doesn't work anymore.

Weatherbug: Check. Just got a weather advisory as I typed this post in fact.
    Lag: fantastic. Huge upgrade from .75 which I was running.
    Screenlock Lag: ? You say it's how it was with .75. Since that's the OS I just upgraded from I can't say much.
    Typing: Dunno? Seems faster to me, honestly.
    02-03-09 10:00 PM
    90 was a nitemare. 99 isnt great but at least i dont need to do battery pulls 1-4 times a day just because i made calls on it.
    02-03-09 10:02 PM
    I found a simple solution to the slow typing lag, I simply had to do about 2 battery pulls within the first 24 hours of installing .99 Haven't done one since and its been over 2 days with plenty of 3rd party apps (Weatherbug being one of them). Everything works fine, now VSOD, no crazy led, no freezes, no Media card. This O/S is by far the best, and clowns on .90 in my opinion. .90 was way to buggy and unstable.
    02-03-09 10:03 PM
    The fact that 99 doesn't freeze 4 times a day is enough to make me love it.
    02-03-09 10:21 PM
    The fact that 99 doesn't freeze 4 times a day is enough to make me love it.
    +1, or after a phone call it locks up. 3 batt pulls just for it to load properly.
    02-03-09 10:22 PM
    Same here about the lag! That stupid friggin clock! .90 was lightning fast after I dl logmaid
    Also have a huge mem leak. Today I was at 6mbs of mem. The only improvement is the speed of the camera
    Without having to do the zoom thing... That's it. Besides that its slower!
    And I'm one of the few with.90 that didn't have freezes or anything...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 10:30 PM
    i think weatherbug is a virus. no idea why so many people are obsessed with the weather.
    02-03-09 10:36 PM
    Sorry to hear you're having so many problems with .99.

In my case, it is by far the best beta (or otherwise) OS I've run.

Just lucky I guess...
    02-03-09 10:38 PM
    Here we go with the same beta cycle....If you dont like the beta, dont USE IT!!!! Jeez, isnt this a rant? shouldnt it be in the rant forum??
    02-03-09 11:40 PM
    what drives me crazy is that the keyboard is back to the small font. I love the large font from .90. Also, I noticed that the battery life was complete garbage. I have to charge every 12 hours, even with minimal use. .90 is so much better in that aspect. Also, I think that speed of the accelerometer and locking is back to .75 speeds. Definately much more stable as .90 was resetting on me a few times a day, but I can't stand the downgrade in speed. I just decided to downgrade to .90
    02-04-09 12:22 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD