1. Of course the blue light not keeping up with the SureType keyboard was absolutely HORRIFYING to type on. Made me hate the Storm as much as the very first OS that it came with. I couldn't stand how sluggish it was and the extreme lag I found myself constantly wanting to pitch the phone across the room.

2. WeatherBug no matter how many times I deleted and reinstalled the program, somehow I could NOT get to work on .99 OS. I don't know what it was but it just wouldn't load properly, or not update properly, etc.

3. The lock button seems to have gotten back the .75 OS lag that I hated, where I would press it, and it wouldn't even register that I had pressed it. It was almost numb sometimes.

4. The dimming of the screens was just awful to me, the worst I've seen on any of the OS. And the navigating through menus was just slower all around than .90 OS.

I really really really just hope that something comes out soon better than .99 OS. I am a little tired of the freezing of the phone constantly in .90.
    02-03-09 03:59 PM
    Weatherbug has given people problems on every single OS.
    02-03-09 04:03 PM
    The lock button has been giving me issues on .83 and .90 as well
    02-03-09 04:05 PM
    And this really makes me wonder if there is a hardware difference among the first batches of Storms or if there are certain software packages that if installed in a certain combination causes issues.

I wonder this because I experience none of what the OP has gone thru.
    02-03-09 04:06 PM
    0 problems here. The best OS I've used...I waited until I used it for a few days before saying that. If anything, I'll be hestitant to install any further leaked OS's.

I've Weatherbug and it runs just fine.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I hated .90 personally.
    02-03-09 04:07 PM
    1. Of course the blue light not keeping up with the SureType keyboard was absolutely HORRIFYING to type on. Made me hate the Storm as much as the very first OS that it came with. I couldn't stand how sluggish it was and the extreme lag I found myself constantly wanting to pitch the phone across the room.

2. WeatherBug no matter how many times I deleted and reinstalled the program, somehow I could NOT get to work on .99 OS. I don't know what it was but it just wouldn't load properly, or not update properly, etc.

3. The lock button seems to have gotten back the .75 OS lag that I hated, where I would press it, and it wouldn't even register that I had pressed it. It was almost numb sometimes.

4. The dimming of the screens was just awful to me, the worst I've seen on any of the OS. And the navigating through menus was just slower all around than .90 OS.

I really really really just hope that something comes out soon better than .99 OS. I am a little tired of the freezing of the phone constantly in .90.

*Remember weatherbug REQUIRES BBMAPS, so if you are missing bbmaps it will NOT work. That's the only time I've ever had an issue with weatherbug.
    02-03-09 04:08 PM
    Yeah see this is what I'm talking about maybe different Storms run better on different OS. Because this .99 OS is so slow and laggy I can't imagine anyone liking it. But apparently on here everyone seems to love it, so many I'm just experiencing differently. About 30-40% of the time on the .99 OS HALF of my SureType keyboard would be missing. Annoying or what!?
    02-03-09 04:09 PM
    Crazy I have had NONE of those issues on .99.
    02-03-09 04:10 PM
    my weather bug works great. the typing is the worst part of the software. the only thing happening is the led wont go off sometimes. best OS in my book. .90 kept giving me error messages and shutting off the phone on me.
    02-03-09 04:15 PM
    This is driving me crazy as well, but not enough to go back to .90 it was awful.

So far other than the keyboard lag .99 has been the best OS by far.
    02-03-09 04:17 PM
    I had the weatherbug problem as well. Didnt delete/reinstall it, I just let it sit and eventually it found my location. Been working great ever since on .99
    02-03-09 04:19 PM
    .90 OS Absolutely HATED... Back to .86 (then up to .99)... Here's Why!

Random reboots, freezing all the time.......i find those more frustrating than fading effects and laggy blue auras....

And I haven't experienced that WeatherBug issue either....
    02-03-09 04:21 PM
    oddly enough ive found that my phone lock lag has entirely disappeared in .99. hope your storm gets up to speed soon
    02-03-09 04:31 PM
    0 problems here. The best OS I've used...I waited until I used it for a few days before saying that. If anything, I'll be hestitant to install any further leaked OS's.

100% agree with this statement. Exactly my findings too.
    02-03-09 04:34 PM
    is there anyone else who has lost BB maps in every version since .75? This appears to be related to also not being able to run Weatherbug (I can't see BB Maps and weatherbug does not work for me)
    02-03-09 04:36 PM
    i must say .90 has been the worst for me and i was so thankful that .99 came out so quick. So far fingers crossed i have had no problems and am loving it.
    02-03-09 04:39 PM

Agreed. I've had my Storm since day one of the release and have used every OS from .65 to .99 (except .90) and have found .99 to be the most stable and efficient so far. I think, as someone said above, there is a hardware/software conflict on some handsets. I have had a slew of problems with every OS so far, and found that some worked better then others. But, for me personally, .99 has worked the best and for the first time I have no complaints.

Hope everyone can find their best OS.
    02-03-09 04:49 PM
    90 was my favorite when it worked well. Speed, speed, speed. But the instability was maddening.. On a bad day I could have trashed my storm when it was running 90. Screen not dimming, batt pull, SOD, SOD, SOD. Random reboot, SOD, SOD, SOD. Couldn't listen to music without reboot. App switcher worked 30% of the time.

Give me 99 with the keyboard lag gone and I will probably never update my phone again. Wait...
    02-03-09 04:54 PM
    yeah .90 was the worst for me. except for it's speed, it was far far far buggy and less useable than .65.

for me .99 has been the best so far. it hasnt been long, 2 days? but so far its pretty stable.

i agree though, typing is ROUGH. its already next to impossible on the device and the lagging blue light and lagging keyboard is so hard to use, its almost unusable for sure. but all builds have been like this for me, especiall in the browser.

weatherbug is junk man, just like on the PC. its bloatware, bad.
    02-03-09 05:04 PM
    Weatherbug has given people problems on every single OS.
    Check out Civic's advice on Weatherbug and see if this helps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ba...ml#post1576802
    02-03-09 05:54 PM
    I know I'm a "newbie" on here but I've been a lurker for quite some time.

I always wonder why people complain about unauthorized, LEAKED, BETA software.

Some things work, some things don't and that's why the software is not a final release.

I installed .99 hours after it came out (found it by accident) and other than a few minor glitches but overall the best BETA so far. (I've installed all of the leaked OSs and had my Storm since day one)

A few things need fixed, but possibly those will be in the next BETA.

anything is post is IMHO
    02-03-09 06:05 PM
    For me the .99 is about as fast as .75. If only .90 was a littl more stable. My main issue was backlight getting stuck in locked mode. I think I will downgrade to .75.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 06:13 PM
    Weatherbug was down for a lot of the day Sunday. That's probably what you, and others experienced.
    02-03-09 06:18 PM
    i just got .99 on my storm and i absolutly love it. its leaps better than .90 there has to be a hardware dif from the first batch to the new ones. I got mine beginning of january
    02-03-09 06:18 PM
    I just worked on a Storm today that had .75 on it and .99 is clearly faster. The only issue is the delay of the blue light with the keyboard on .99. Hopefully that will get resolved in the next leak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 07:01 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD