I tried looking at other threads about this, but couldnt really find much.

I've noticed after a battery pull I had 38mb of Memory. After a few hrs Im down to 28. Only thing to remedy this is a battery pull. Before that it was down to 19mb.

Has anyone else noticed these leaks?

____
    Edits

Just found this thread sorry

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/me...ocated-147213/
    Last edited by k3lvin; 02-03-09 at 05:11 PM.
    02-03-09 05:06 PM
    I'm seeing much the same thing. Down 10 MBs or so and not using anything and no apps running (per se).
    02-03-09 05:34 PM
    That's not a memory leak, and if you give it a little bit, it will go back up.

Not sure how many times it needs to be said, but THERE IS NO MAGIC NUMBER FOR FREE APP MEMORY. So obsessing over a number that really doesn't mean as much as you think is kind of pointless. When you flush the toilet does it really matter if the water goes down clockwise or counterclockwise so long as it goes down?
    02-03-09 08:23 PM
    After a battery pull i am at 52MB, with a few hours of limited use, I can get down to 40MB. Over the next 3-5 day range, I will move between 28-35. But the thing is this: The more I use the device; email, messages, phone, browser, the higher it goes. As if it responds to use.

That is my experience with .75. Now I am on .99 and we will see!
    02-03-09 08:28 PM
    One thing I noticed: for people that have Viigo on their storms. When you are done using Viigo, if you just hit the escape key (not the red key, the back arrow), it does not close it (like it would other apps). It keeps running in background. I have to do BB key, then close everytime. It really saves mb decreasing. Before, my mb would constantly go down fast.
    02-03-09 08:54 PM
    If you're phone works fine don't worry about it. If you're phone is acting weird its probably due to the leaked Os and not a "memory leak"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 09:02 PM
    If you're phone works fine don't worry about it. If you're phone is acting weird its probably due to the leaked Os and not a "memory leak"
    But saying it's a "memory leak" sounds so much cooler!
    02-03-09 09:32 PM
    My phone has been running .99 since it came out and has been a littler over 2 days (2.22 to be exact) since my last battery pull and I am at 32MB so hardly a "memory leak" to me. I have plenty of 3rd party apps and have even dl 2 of them today without reboot.
    02-03-09 10:00 PM
    Wow you're lucky, I was down to 1.5mb of memory today.... I don't even have that much installed. I think it's the epocrates program that does it because there's no way to stop running in the background. But I don't really care as I haven't noticed any speed difference whether my phone has 30mb free of 2mb free.
    02-03-09 10:36 PM
    I'm suffering from a pretty big memory leak too on .99, but it seems to be leveling out some. I have no explanation for that...it makes no sense. The first half hour after installing I lost about 20 MB, then I lost 10 MB that night while I was sleeping. That was after pulling the battery and not starting any apps except the clock when I put it int he cradle. Now I'm losing about 10 MB per day. Used to be about 3MB per day on .86 and .90.

But, I only have two other issues with .99 and they are quite minor. One is that sometimes when I get a message the phone is unresponsive for about 30 seconds. That started with .90. The other is just the fact that there's still no bluetooth support for video. OTherwise, .99 has been plugging along smoothly so far!
    02-03-09 11:46 PM
    I do monitor my memory only because everyone obsesses over it. Well, and because I had an 8830 that would delete all my messages once it hit that magical threshold where it was almost out of memory.

From a pure memory standpoint on my phone running 99 I have noticed that I start out in the mid to high 40's and then operate around the 20-24 level. Apps include Viigo, AP Reader, FaceCall, You tube, QuickPull, docs to go, brickbreaker, word mole, etc. With the exception of FaceCall I never leave apps open.

From an actual performance standpoint I couldn't give a rat's ***. On 99 the phone performs well not matter what the memory level. In fact, my phone is currently sitting at just under 4 mb and is still running snappy. This whole discussion is amazing to me because on every other build my phone would never run long enough without a reboot or battery pull to even be able to judge if there was a so called "memory leak".

Stop obsessing over memory and lets talk about performance. If your phone is slow and unresponsive then maybe we can say there is a memory problem, but I haven't experienced this on 99.
    02-04-09 12:22 AM
    Hitting the BB key and then close is the proper way to shut down all programs and applications, not just Viigo, otherwise they continue running in the background. Hold the BB button down for a few seconds and it will show you all the active programs. There are four or five that should always be running, home, phone, internet, mail, and BB Messenger (if you have it running).

One thing I noticed: for people that have Viigo on their storms. When you are done using Viigo, if you just hit the escape key (not the red key, the back arrow), it does not close it (like it would other apps). It keeps running in background. I have to do BB key, then close everytime. It really saves mb decreasing. Before, my mb would constantly go down fast.
    02-04-09 12:23 AM
    my memory drops to 500 kb and my storm starts lagging big time!
    tried logmaid didn't work !!! i have google maps as the only app i have downloaded !!
    02-04-09 02:52 AM
    i am experiencing a memory leak as well.
    -after battery pull im at about 45mb.
    -12 hours later im at 19mb

running .99.
    did not wipe phone before install.
    only 3rd party apps running are weathrbug and buzz me.
    02-04-09 07:26 AM
    In .90 it was great. I had 50+mb all the time.

In .99 I am down to around 33mb. Thought that was sort of odd, but i don't notice any performance issues from it.
    02-04-09 08:47 AM
    Hitting the BB key and then close is the proper way to shut down all programs and applications, not just Viigo, otherwise they continue running in the background. Hold the BB button down for a few seconds and it will show you all the active programs. There are four or five that should always be running, home, phone, internet, mail, and BB Messenger (if you have it running).
    You can set Viigo to close using the escape key by going to options, application, then select no where it says to move to background on exit.
    02-04-09 08:54 AM
    On the whole, my mem stays up about 35 most of the time.
    After a few days I get down to 20 MBs.

A battery pull a day keeps the frustrations away.
    02-04-09 01:58 PM
    Mine seems to linger around 23 or 22. Anyway I can make it go up? Or does it have to go back up on its own?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 02:26 PM
    guys quick question where can i find the phone log ?

the one if i clear the phone becomes faster ?
    02-04-09 09:07 PM
    Memory behavior in this phone is a little crazy. I let it run without reboots for 30 hours and saw the memory drop consistently from around 41 MB to around 11. At this point I was seeing too often the little clock and decided to reboot. For the following ten hours, it dropped from 40 to 30 and stayed around that. The curious thing, though, is that in both cases the memory would go up a little every time I used the phone and went back to going down when it was idle. Go figure. At least with .99 the phone was useable even with 11 MB, though more slowly. With previous builds, anything around that (or even simply under 20 MB) would make the phone choke if the usage was a little heavy.
    02-04-09 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD