I am getting a media card message that says, "A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer."

I plug the phone into the computer and all my ringtones, pictures and music are still there but the phone does not recognize any of them when I disconnect the phone.

I haven't added anything to the card and am not sure where/what disk error-checking utility to use.

Can I wipe the media card some how and start over? Please help.

Thanks
    02-03-09 03:47 PM
    Options > memory
    Blackberry Button > Format > Media card
    02-03-09 03:54 PM
    whoa wait!!!1 back it up first on a computer or u will lose everything on it
    02-03-09 04:16 PM
    Options > memory
    Blackberry Button > Format > Media card
    Dude, you really should tell people to see if they can backup the data first. He could have gone ahead and done this and lost something important.
    02-03-09 04:37 PM
    he asked how to format a media card, not how to back up his data =)

but yea, you're right.
    02-03-09 04:42 PM
    Dude, you really should tell people to see if they can backup the data first. He could have gone ahead and done this and lost something important.
    After taking the above steps, the BlackBerry will popup a message that looks like the following:

I would think that should be sufficient warning for most people.

02-03-09 04:48 PM
    After taking the above steps, the BlackBerry will popup a message that looks like the following:

I would think that should be sufficient warning for most people.

Yeah, but having worked in Technical Support for many years I have found that people don't like to read and then wonder why everything is gone.
    02-03-09 04:54 PM
    Yeah, but having worked in Technical Support for many years I have found that people don't like to read and then wonder why everything is gone.
    In that case, a warning in the post giving directions for formatting the card wouldn't have helped either.

02-03-09 05:01 PM
    Iif they don't like to read, what's the point of typing up a warning in the thread ?

anyhoooo, i see an infinite loop approaching in this conversation.

moving on....

/edit/ DOH! you beat me Smuuth
    02-03-09 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD