I am running .99 and have been since it was released. I have had few very problems with the os and only a handful of freezes and reboots. That is until today. I signed into my email from my computer and noticed I had a ton of emails that never made it to my phone. I checked all the settings and everything looked good. I did a battery pull and the emails began coming in. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas why the problem occurred?
    02-10-09 06:15 PM
    Can you confirm your network status during times of interruption (1Xev, 1XEV, etc...)? I am wondering if you didnt have some signal problems? I have had mine drop to just the voice (1Xev) before and had to remove and re-insert the SIM to get it working again. I saw a thread where you can manually re-register, try a search if you think that may be it - sorry I can remember where the thread was or what it was titled.

UPDATED: here is the link I was talking about...

Sorry, I cant get the link to work so here is the contents of that thread:

This is how to fix this issue for Verizon Customers. If you are not a Verizon wireless customer, you need to figure out your MSI password. This will be in the place of the six zeros in step 2. If you are a Verizon wireless customer, this should work below.

1. Turn off your wireless and bluetooth radios through the Manage Connections Icon.
    2. Hit the green phone button on your phone and dial ##000000
    3. Hit send (green phone button) and it should bring up a diagnostics screen.
    4. The first two lines (Mobile Directory Number and IMSI_S) should have your phone number. Change both of these entries to 0000001234. Do not change anything else!
    5. Click the blackberry button and hit save.
    6. Your phone will now restart.
    7. When it comes back, reactivate your wireless antenna through the Manage Connections Icon.
    8. Dial *228 and select option 1
    9. After your phone successfully activates, you should be receiving data again.

If you do not receive data continue to these steps.
    Dial ##000000 and click send again. Then go down to SIP Password and type vzw
    You should then go to the blackberry button and click save. The phone will restart again. This time when it comes back you should have data. If not go into settings, advanced settings, host routing table, click the blackberry button and click register.

You might also need to send your service books again by going to the VZW BIS site.

This should solve all of your problems!
    Last edited by lvumlow; 02-10-09 at 06:33 PM.
    02-10-09 06:24 PM
    I am receiving all signals as we speak. I able to access internet, receive phone calls and text messages. Only email is a problem.
    02-10-09 06:29 PM
    Sorry didn't see your other post. Trying that as we speak. Thanks!
    02-10-09 06:37 PM
    I have same issue. Seems like push isn't working. I've done service books, battery pulls, remove and add accounts, tested multiple bis email accounts. It used to be instant, now its from a few minutes on up. Googling informs that this description of this issue isn't limited to storms, but I just did this update last night so I imagine it is .99. Thinking about going to .100. I love the storm but this is taking up way too much of my time (I'm on betas because .75 was less stable for me).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 07:05 PM
    I have same issue. Seems like push isn't working. I've done service books, battery pulls, remove and add accounts, tested multiple bis email accounts. It used to be instant, now its from a few minutes on up. Googling informs that this description of this issue isn't limited to storms, but I just did this update last night so I imagine it is .99. Thinking about going to .100. I love the storm but this is taking up way too much of my time (I'm on betas because .75 was less stable for me).

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but I believe .100 is the same as .99; just that it is for the 9500 model so I wouldnt try to update to that. It seems that the 9500 releases are always 1 point higher than the 9530 releases.
    02-10-09 07:10 PM
    Sorry I meant the hybrid for the 9530

02-10-09 08:13 PM
    I am having the same issues with .99, and it didn't start until it had been running it a few days.
    I tried running the hybrid .100 but had issues with it (random reboots & media card error/vsod).

So I did a wipe, reinstalled .99 and still having email issue.

Hope someone can figure this out cause .99 is by far the best OS for me (including the official versions). I have had NO issues with .99 except the email, and until I saw this thread I thought it was just me.

02-10-09 10:37 PM
    I tried ur solution and I was able to get email briefly and then it stopped again. When I do the step where I dial ##000000 the second number has a different phone number then mine. I attempted to replace it with the numbers you suggested but after I dial *228 to program the phone it reverts back. I also tried replacing that second number with my number and that also failed. Any other suggestions?

--Also, I cannot get into my email settings. I get a message that reads "Your device had a problem connecting to the server."
    Last edited by Ray7713; 02-10-09 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Just received the message
    02-10-09 10:54 PM
    I woke up this morning and I think the issue disappearred. Maybe it takes a while for everything to recalibrate for some of us??

02-11-09 11:38 AM
    I have experienced a similar problem too. After turning my phone on after work the emails never sync. Lately I will soon get an App Error 523 and will have to do a BP to reset the phone.

However this morning I woke up and BIS was disconnected for no reason and no emails were comign in. BIS seems very flakey since I upgraded to .99 and email delivery is sporadic and unpredictable.
    02-11-09 01:02 PM
    my emails are coming in slow but the BB messenger still works.

I hope I don't stop completely.
    02-11-09 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD