I'm a storm "AT&T converter" so I'm in a slightly different boat than the standard verizon users who are using betas...

I've upgraded to .99 with generally no issues except one big one-- I keep getting a lot of edge instead of EDGE, which basically means I don't have a data connection.

I saw a thread elsewhere that mentioned a similar problem but it was EVDO vs CDMA1x, so at least there was some data connection there...

I know I'm in the minority being an AT&T converter, but if anyone has any info about .99 and this type of issue, any responses appreciated.
    02-03-09 07:02 AM
    I am an ATT storm user as well. This is a known issue from what I can tell from searching the forums. I ended up going back to .90, eagerly awaiting the next leak.
    02-03-09 07:20 AM
    i had the same problem but im with tmobile....currently back on .86
    02-03-09 07:54 AM
    i had the same problem but im with tmobile....currently back on .86
    You need to update your sig I am about to write a how to that will take care of this issue for you.
    02-03-09 07:57 AM
    You need to update your sig I am about to write a how to that will take care of this issue for you.
    lol i noticed that after the post
    02-03-09 07:59 AM
    If you don't post the how-to here please link it here!
    02-03-09 08:42 AM
    02-03-09 08:47 AM
    currently im running a sort of hacked .99 to see if this works out by staying in EDGE..... mine is saying EDGE right now going to see how it works out thruout the day will post back in a little while to let yall know how it goes
    02-03-09 08:48 AM
    the link sith just posted is what i did
    02-03-09 08:49 AM
    lol, did you follow my post or do it as I was posting?
    02-03-09 08:51 AM
    i just finished the process as you posted my phone was in the middle of restarting after loading back the browser file.........great timing huh ?
    02-03-09 08:59 AM
    For those who do complete this procedure, please comment here on what radio software you reverted to, and what kind of experience you're having with it.
    02-03-09 09:55 AM
    i went back to .90 software radio files......also when using crackutil to do the service books it will say the version of software that you took the radio files from....dont mind that and go by what your phone says in options/about
    02-03-09 10:16 AM
    Ive been having EDGE issues since the I've gotten the phone. I never ran .75. As soon as I got the phone i upgraded to .85 and so on. Each OS was the same on a reboot. 2 out of 3 times i would have edge and I would have to reboot to get EDGE. From the moment I installed .99 i had edge then it would flucuate between edge and EDGE and after 2-3 minutes stay on EDGE. Its seems to be getting better but it should be as fast as when I have my curve at finding EDGE. With how stable .99 has been for me, if this could get fixed I'd be very happy.
    02-03-09 11:20 AM
    I ran the diagnostics and reregistered my unlocked 9530 on att with the same issue and that cleared it up for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 11:33 AM
    Same issue here as the first post...Will do the Hybrid .99 with radio file .90
    Last edited by xattica; 02-03-09 at 02:51 PM.
    02-03-09 02:47 PM
    Same issue here as the first post...Will do the Hybrid .99 with radio file .90

That worked like a CHAMP for me...thanks to Sith..!
    02-03-09 04:36 PM
    That worked like a CHAMP for me...thanks to Sith..!
    Make sure you to post in the other thread so others can see in the How To section
    02-03-09 05:00 PM
    mine had stayed in EDGE all day so far
    02-03-09 10:40 PM
    once mine connects to EDGE it stays there. I only have issues after a battery pull or restart. Croe mentioned he did the diagnostic test. When I run it I get this:
    Starting Time Stamp: February 04, 2009 09:03 AM Ending Time Stamp: February 04, 2009 09:03 AM
    PIN: *******
    MSISDN: *** *** ****
    Device Type: BlackBerry 9530
    Application Version: v4.7.0.99
    Platform Version: 4.0.0.125
    Service Books: YHO,BBIMConfig,LbsConfig,BBIMConfig,OTASL,BBIM,KEY NEGO,WPTCP,BrowserConfig,WAPPushConfig,WPTCP,Brows erConfig,WPTCP,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,Browser Config,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,B rowserConfig,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,BrowserCo nfig,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,IPPP,PROVISIONING ,BrowserConfig,IPPP,BrowserConfig,BrowserConfig,Br owserConfig,CMIME,CMIME,CMIME,CMIME,CICAL,CICAL,CI CAL
    Free File Space: 24660598 bytes
    Radio Data Activation: No
    Signal Level: Unknown
    Radio Access: Unknown
    Network: Unknown
    IP Address: Unknown
    ICMP Ping Echo: Incomplete
    BlackBerry Registration: Incomplete
    Connected to BlackBerry: Incomplete
    BlackBerry PIN Email: Incomplete
    Server Name: GBISXNAC02S02

Is this standard response for an unlocked 9530 on AT&T.
    Last edited by xxxmerlinxxx; 02-04-09 at 11:55 AM.
    02-04-09 08:08 AM
    I'm in AT&T as well and I had the same problem...ran the diangostics and worked for a bit but then dropped back to edge whenever I tried to access a browser other than Blackberry and would turn back to EDGE after a while. If it didn't I would need to power off and reboot. I just downgraded back to .86...guess I'll try Sith's fix...other than that the .99 worked great..I had no issues with any other app. Anyone figured out how to keep the browser icon after a software upgrade/downgrade without reloading the service books and reinstalling the daemon file??
    02-04-09 02:07 PM
    Using .99, my Storm can sometimes take a little while to go from edge to EDGE after a reboot, but once it does make the transition it is locked in and doesn't change.
    02-04-09 05:22 PM
    ...Anyone figured out how to keep the browser icon after a software upgrade/downgrade without reloading the service books and reinstalling the daemon file??
    Nope.. tried doing it without it but had no browser even if i sent the service books from ATT. I used CrackUtil to make the process a little easier, instead of pltaylor's original method...but i havent found a way around it.

Also, I followed Sith's guide for the hybrid .99 and its working perfectly!!
    02-05-09 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD