Just upgraded from .75 to .99 tonight and I am having the same issue. My MP3s are cut a couple of seconds at the beginning. Based on what everyone is saying, it looks like we have to wait for another update to fix this. Verizon has to be close to releasing an official and better version? How long are they going to let customers deal with .75? It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't that good either. I would normally wait for the official version, but i got tired of waiting and had to upgrade.
    02-02-09 10:13 PM
    well even if it doesn't i did it to be safe and i'm not running into that problem. maybe i just lucked out. gl though
    02-03-09 06:23 AM
    UPDATE: There has to be a workaround for this problem. I've proven that it's related to what's on the media card and not the software on the phone. Here's why:

When I upgraded to .90 a week or so ago I had to get rid of all my AAC to avoid the reboot problem. So when I went to .99 I had a 16GB card with about 300 mp3s on it, about half of which I had converted using iTunes to avoid the reboot.

Last night I put back my original 8GB card that had over 2000 songs on it (brought over using media sync when I first got my phone weeks ago), a mix of AAC and mp3 and I didn't have ANY problems with it (no cutting of the song and no reboot) with .99 still running. Problem solved, but why?

So now I have to figure out is it the fact that it is a 16GB card OR something to do with the conversion of the songs OR something else I'm missing.

I'm hoping if we compare notes, we can figure out which variable causes the problem.
    02-03-09 06:44 AM
    I am using the original card that came with my storm and have a mix of mp3 and aac and my songs are cut at the beginning. My ringtone, which is also an mp3 on my sd card (but in the ringers folder), is not cut. Just my music files in my music folder.
    02-03-09 10:33 AM
    Does rewind or or ff or skip forward/back start a song at the beginning?

Is it every track every time? Is it every track sometime, or everytime - different tracks?

Are the tracks now, or were they encoded originally with DRM?

What is your encryption settings?
    02-03-09 10:37 AM

Is it every track every time? Is it every track sometime, or everytime - different tracks?

The rew/ff does not help the problem. For me it was every track but skipped varying amounts of the song. Some were DRM originally some weren't.
    02-03-09 10:50 AM
    I noticed this morning when I woke up to my alarm that was set to play some GnR that it cut off a good portion of the beginning of the phone.

So it appears the issue isn't isolated to the music player, but affects the alarm as well!
    02-03-09 11:19 AM

It simply starts the song (counter says it is starting at 0) a few seconds in as if that is the beginning of the song. It does not skip, ff, or rw.

It is happening to all songs and none were originally drm protected. Some are originally encoded as mp3 others as unprotected aac. However, all are cut off at start but play normally to end. The next song in the playlist will simply start approx. 3-5 seconds in.

Encryption is security options/wtls is "allow weak." In security options/general settings content compression is "enabled", content protection is "disabled", and strength is "strong". I do not know where any other encryption settings are, sorry.
    02-03-09 11:19 AM
    No issues here. I noticed when you hold the volume it skips to the next/previous track.
    02-03-09 11:41 AM
    No issues here. I noticed when you hold the volume it skips to the next/previous track.
    it's done that on my .90 so i dont think its a new feature since then. no knowledge of it having the same function prior to .90. didnt really keep the other .8x ones very long.
    02-03-09 12:20 PM
    After reading these posts i looked at the music on my card,l ooks like all my songs have 3 copies on the card now, i dont know if that happened with the .90 upgrade or the .99 upgrade, dont play them that often. i guess thats why my card memory shrunk and i couldnt figure out why. as far as the playing they all seam to be starting right but i did notice about 20 songs i never had before and when i click one the album picture comes up (which none of mine have by the way, im guessing these are vzw songs that show (the media being played is of an unsuported format) then it moves on to the next song.

Other things i have noticed on .99 landscape keyboard smaller than .90 cant figure out why it went back, browser and bolt browser faster, i did lose ability to send and receive emails yesterday, glad i didnt revert back to .90. Not one lock up yet no white screens seems much more stable than .90. I have several 3rd party apps loaded and seam to have a memory leak on .99 that was not there on .90. after a quickpull i am at 37 within a few hours of nothing but e-mail and phone calls down to 20. this did not happen on .90 and no new apps between then and now. cant figure that one out.
    Otherwise i think this is pretty nice cant wait for an official release of an even better os. Battery life seams a little better than on .90 also

3rd party apps: Bolt, Weatherbug, Viigo, Google Maps, YouTube, AP Mobile, ESPN, QuickPull and File Manager Pro
    02-03-09 01:33 PM
    Is anyone noticing an error reported in their logs when they play music?

Check the logs - the errors are in bold.

May help to clear the logs first.
    02-03-09 03:11 PM
    I am having the same issue, but it's only songs that don't have artwork. I also have a 16 GB card. It sucks, because this OS is really good otherwise.
    02-03-09 04:08 PM
    Anybody having issues with volumes on .99? Starts off fine but if you receive a text, email, call, or anything while listening to music and then go back to the player it plays very low in volume and cuts in and out. Never had this issue before with any previous OS.
    02-03-09 04:25 PM
    Anybody having issues with volumes on .99? Starts off fine but if you receive a text, email, call, or anything while listening to music and then go back to the player it plays very low in volume and cuts in and out. Never had this issue before with any previous OS.
    Yeah, I have this, but it has happened with all the leaks for me. Hopefully its fixed in the official. Whenever that comes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 04:57 PM
    I've never had it with any of the OS's but I guess I caught the bug this time around! I just hope it gets resolved.
    02-03-09 06:45 PM
    Does taking the song of the SD card and putting it back on fix it?
    02-03-09 09:27 PM
    I have the same problem. It's weird because it doesn't seem to happen on all my of songs, and it may skip from 1 second to like 5 or 6. I guess I will stick it out, since the OS operates very well, at least until an official OS from Verizon is finally released...
    02-03-09 09:39 PM
    it's done that on my .90 so i dont think its a new feature since then. no knowledge of it having the same function prior to .90. didnt really keep the other .8x ones very long.
    Was a feature in .75 as well; not sure about .65
    02-03-09 11:22 PM
    I've been having this problem lately, as well. I've got a mix of mp3s and aac files, and it's been cutting off about a couple of seconds of most songs... I wish I was keeping track of which songs, but I was at the gym.
    02-03-09 11:23 PM
    I'm having an issue with all but 6-10 seconds being cut off of some of my songs. These songs which are normally 4 minutes long are now only 10 seconds long. Otherwise this OS is great!
    02-04-09 09:18 AM
    Unfortunately I too am experiencing the cut-off music. I think it is probably only about 3 secs. but a pain none the less. I have had the volume issue were the volume is good on one song then the next song the volume goes down. Doesn't do it on every song.
    I have MP3's only on the original 8MB memory card. And I have no errors in the Event log.
    Still this build is by far the best one to date.
    02-04-09 10:42 AM
    Does taking the song of the SD card and putting it back on fix it?
    I took all of the music off and put it back on the sd card and the problem still occurs.
    02-04-09 11:56 AM
    I've never had it with any of the OS's but I guess I caught the bug this time around! I just hope it gets resolved.
    Frustrating.... Wish this could be fixed too!
    02-04-09 02:10 PM
    I've had this happen at times, and then other times it doesn't. I have no idea why. I did notice after i let my battery run all the down (dead) and recharged it that it hasn't happened.
    02-04-09 05:20 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD