Like it says its chipping off about 5-7 seconds off the beginning of every song, and every movie stored on the media card.

Updated to .99 on Feb 1st. I did a full wipe before installing (had .90 before hand)

This is the only issue which is annoying as all ****. I dont want to reformat the media card cause my cpu went kaboom a few weeks ago and my entire music library that i have on my storm is on there. i been sneakin onto my roomies laptop to update to the latest crack fix lol *scratches neck erratically*

Help me out
    02-02-09 09:50 AM
    It's been happening to me as well. Formatted the card and loaded all the songs on again, and it still happens.

Sometimes it's more than 5-7 seconds...I've had songs start as late as 22 seconds in.
    02-02-09 09:59 AM
    Same here. A VERY annoying bug.
    02-02-09 10:01 AM
    One step forward, twelve steps back. Unbelievable. I had to remove all my AAC files for .90. Anyone try playing AAC files on .99?
    02-02-09 12:50 PM
    I guess I'm lucky... not an issue with mine. After a day of use, I don't have any issues with my .99 (knock on wood).
    02-02-09 12:56 PM
    I guess I'm lucky... not an issue with mine. After a day of use, I don't have any issues with my .99 (knock on wood).
    i havent had any issues so far all my music is playing
    02-02-09 01:41 PM
    quick question. did you take out your media card when you did the update? i did this to prevent curpting my music and movies on my media card. if you haven't try that if it doesn't work i'm sorry i dont know how to help
    02-02-09 01:45 PM
    quick question. did you take out your media card when you did the update? i did this to prevent curpting my music and movies on my media card. if you haven't try that if it doesn't work i'm sorry i dont know how to help

Updating shouldn't touch the memory card and if you read hastings post above he reformatted and reloaded his card and still has the problem.
    02-02-09 02:14 PM
    Guess I should consider myself lucky. Only about half a second of the beginning of the songs get cut off.
    02-02-09 02:16 PM
    Yeah, about .5-3 seconds of some songs starts with it cut off. How in Gods name does something like that happen?
    02-02-09 02:25 PM
    Ditto Workin' so far!
    02-02-09 02:28 PM
    Yeah, about .5-3 seconds of some songs starts with it cut off. How in Gods name does something like that happen?
    Because you drive a Mustang.
    02-02-09 02:30 PM
    Same here drove me crazy. Not all songs are doing it. Looks like only the songs that were converter drm mp4's
    02-02-09 02:36 PM
    i can't replicate this issue with any of my music or videos. how do you guys get it to happen? does it happen every time no matter what or only under certain circumstances? only on the first song you play or on every song in the playlist? are all the music files mp3 format?

more interested from a standpoint of avoiding the issue than replicating it.
    02-02-09 02:49 PM
    i can't replicate this issue with any of my music or videos. how do you guys get it to happen? does it happen every time no matter what or only under certain circumstances? only on the first song you play or on every song in the playlist? are all the music files mp3 format?

more interested from a standpoint of avoiding the issue than replicating it.
    Ah. Very nice. I am having this issue and was about to post this. It happens to me every time. The only variable is how much of the song is cut. All of my files are mp3 because I had to convert the AACs when I was running .90.
    02-02-09 03:10 PM
    ....i have a problem when i use my Storm with my car radio...i use a mp3 1.5 connect cable from my in dash radio to my Storm
    songs play just fine fifty percent of the time thru my car audio THEN the other fifty percent will play thru my Storm???? So i will select a different song and it will play thru the audio system OR just my Storm.
    i have checked the music files the are all mp3.
    anyone know what to do ?
    02-02-09 03:14 PM
    All my music is .mp3. Its been awhile but i dont believe i've been converting my songs using Itunes into the AAC format, and i most definitely didnt convert some of my new CDs and it does it on them as well.

I think it might have been when i plugged some headphones in and it forced the phone to reboot (why does it do this? its happen before quite often) when i was playing a song on the speaker.

It happens on media file that is stored on my Media Card. Doesnt bother anything that is streamed from youtube.
    It even displays the time being normal before the song is played, then when you click on the song it will cut time off the total time of the song and the song is however many seconds into it that were cut off.
    02-02-09 03:17 PM
    ....i have a problem when i use my Storm with my car radio...i use a mp3 1.5 connect cable from my in dash radio to my Storm
    songs play just fine fifty percent of the time thru my car audio THEN the other fifty percent will play thru my Storm???? So i will select a different song and it will play thru the audio system OR just my Storm.
    i have checked the music files the are all mp3.
    anyone know what to do ?
    Mine would switch from the ear piece to the speaker randomly... but that was just using it to listen to music on the handset itself, not using the car dongle dangle majangle dizzle.
    02-02-09 04:05 PM
    Yeah, I have this problem but its only for the first second of the tracks and for some reason its only on certain albums. It only started happening today though, that's what's weird. Its not too bad because its only like the very very beginning but it can be annoying sometimes.
    02-02-09 04:24 PM
    Have you tried deleting the bbthumbs.dat file? I did this and I have yet to have any cut music, but I hadn't tried playing music before I did this so I don't know that it helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 06:51 PM
    I also have this problem, one or two seconds chopped off the beginning of the music. It seems to be only with MP3 files. AACs, that didn't work on .90, are apparently playing OK, though its library building is very iffy. I have 945 music files and my library can show from less than 300 to about 840 songs, varying each time I reboot and it rescans. I'm deleting the bbthumbs.dat files to rebuild the indexing and see if something changes.

Well, deleting the bbthumbs.dat files helped rebuild the library correctly, but MP3s are still chopped off of the beginning.
    02-02-09 07:30 PM
    can't get to a laptop to test

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 07:32 PM
    I spent a good deal of time listening to music today to test and have not seen any issues; maybe I am another one of the lucky ones?
    02-02-09 07:43 PM
    I am having this issue as well. It's really frustrating because mostly everything else in .99 is working great.
    02-02-09 09:20 PM
    I am having this issue as well. It's really frustrating because mostly everything else in .99 is working great.

Exactly. Everything else is best OS yet.
    02-02-09 09:25 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD