Ive been using .99 for about a week now, and i have enjoyed it, but it seems to be seriously draining my baterry. ill wake up at 6 and unplug my phone and by 3 or 4 it will be out of batteries. keep in mind this is while im in classes so my phone gets next to no use and is still dieing. is there anyway to fix this? if not i was wondering if someone could tell me how to downgrade to .90 or .86. thanks for your help ahead of time.
    02-09-09 08:40 PM
    Been rolling .99 since the day it came out and I find the opposite to be true as far as battery drain is concerned. What apps do you have installed?
    02-09-09 08:43 PM
    This is how you downgrade if you so choose:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...os-pix-129984/
    02-09-09 08:45 PM
    I've had the worst battery drain of any betas with .99. It's doable but not as great as .86 which was at least twice as long for me.
    02-10-09 01:48 AM
    I am on my 3rd Storm in 2 months. The first 2 were freezing up and restarting. This was causing the battery drain. Because of the long freeze ups and longer time switching to different programs my battery was drained by noon. Since getting my newest Storm, I no longer have batter issues.
    02-10-09 03:49 PM
    I've had battery drain issues. One day I noticed that after charging all night long, and only little use, by midday my battery was almost gone. While sitting at my desk, I watched the backlight cycle on and off and 2-3 minute intervals. I don't know what the cause of this was. The battery drained completely, and I recharged it and it has been fine ever since (except for one other bizarre incident)

The only other battery concern I had was going to bed and turning off my Storm with a fully charged battery, only to wake up to a Storm with a dead battery. I don't understand why my Storm discharged overnight when the device was turned completely off.

Now, I don't ever turn my device off unless I am using soft reset or doing a battery pull.
    02-10-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD