Is it worth the upgrade from .99 to .109? .99 has been working really well for me. Are there any major additions in .109 that are worth upgrading for?
    02-23-09 08:17 PM
    I'm soon to find out myself. I was on .103 but didnt like the bugs I was running into so I moved back down to .99. Been on .99for more then a few days now. If I see any major differences I'll let you know directly.
    02-23-09 08:22 PM
    curious to hear options as well. my .99 has been working so well haven't been interested in upgrading to any of the hybrids.
    02-23-09 08:23 PM
    curious to hear options as well. my .99 has been working so well haven't been interested in upgrading to any of the hybrids.
    Me too ive been hanging onto .99 since its been rock solid for me
    02-23-09 08:25 PM
    I'm soon to find out myself. I was on .103 but didnt like the bugs I was running into so I moved back down to .99. Been on .99for more then a few days now. If I see any major differences I'll let you know directly.
    Awesome! Thanks
    02-23-09 08:25 PM
    I just upgraded from .99 and it seems quicker (less hourglass) and memory isn't dropping with plazmic themes. I'd say its worthwhile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 08:28 PM
    So far the phone has been running very nicely, very lil lag all around. Granted, its early. I ran .103 for almost a week before the main bug (frozen black screen whenever a text message came in) occurred which forced me back to .99.

I've been on .109 for about an hour now

-running no apps, and I'm at about 34.5Mb.
    -accelerometer is about as fast as .99 was.
    -camera is running much better imo, overall performance speed.
    -browser is about the same quick speed as .99.

I havent played around with it that much, but all in all it seems somewhat better then .99 for me atleast. I just hope in a weeks time the bugs dont sneak in again.
    02-23-09 09:39 PM
    So far the phone has been running very nicely, very lil lag all around. Granted, its early. I ran .103 for almost a week before the main bug (frozen black screen whenever a text message came in) occurred which forced me back to .99.

I've been on .109 for about an hour now

-running no apps, and I'm at about 34.5Mb.
    -accelerometer is about as fast as .99 was.
    -camera is running much better imo, overall performance speed.
    -browser is about the same quick speed as .99.

I havent played around with it that much, but all in all it seems somewhat better then .99 for me atleast. I just hope in a weeks time the bugs dont sneak in again.
    Thanks for the info. I definitely want to hear your findings again in a week. I had the same problem with previous leaks working well for a day or so and then just tanking as time went on.
    02-23-09 09:49 PM
    A few huge differences is the lack of ttpong lag in the browser. Also now when you turn to landscape on the browser it zooms in. Very nice.
    02-23-09 09:56 PM
    Thanks for the info. I definitely want to hear your findings again in a week. I had the same problem with previous leaks working well for a day or so and then just tanking as time went on.
    No problem. I'll come back to here with any other findings that I come across. I'll just edit my original findings post to make it easier to find since its on page 1
    02-23-09 10:10 PM
    I took the plunge and upgraded to 109 from 99. I was hesitant because 99 has been the best for me with only minor glitches here and there. I'm happy to report that my initial inspection makes me giddy. The install went perfectly and seemed a bit faster overall. I noticed that what was once the VSOD is now a splash screen that transitions nicely past the "media card inserted" notification. Took about five minutes to progress through BES activation. All my apps are there. Typed a few messages and the keyboard lag is gone. I played some videos, and was able to bring up the controls by touching the screen (that was a big if for me in all previous os's). I took a few pictures, noticed that the flashy buttons in the camera app are gone and it took the best four pictures ever, with a nice transition beyond "saving" back to the camera each time. Memory shows 35MB. I thought .99 could become official but this is even better. Well done RIM, and thanks to OP for the leak.
    02-23-09 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD