.95 and .96 are already out among the dev. team. It appears fixes to both are incorporated into .97 and it is also likely that we're getting much closer to official release time. Probably within two weeks for the release. As they get closer to official release you'll see the time between leaks lengthen as they see "how acceptable" the release candidate is.
    01-30-09 10:10 AM
    .95 and .96 are already out among the dev. team. It appears fixes to both are incorporated into .97 and it is also likely that we're getting much closer to official release time. Probably within two weeks for the release. As they get closer to official release you'll see the time between leaks lengthen as they see "how acceptable" the release candidate is.
    Cool.... where did this information come from?
    01-30-09 10:12 AM
    And you you say this because??? Any source of info or just speculation? I, too, think they are getting close to an official OS release, but who knows when it will be, 1, 2 4 weeks?
    01-30-09 10:13 AM
    I mentioned in the post who it came from.
    01-30-09 10:25 AM
    On your marks, get set ..... FLAME !

lol.
    01-30-09 10:32 AM
    I mentioned in the post who it came from.
    AAAhhh gatcha.... sorry I kinda missed the... "I am on the development team but don't really want to just come out and say I am on the development team" short hand there.... .

It is hard to know how to take certain information on here. I was not trying to vet you. I was just curious.
    01-30-09 10:32 AM
    well that would be sweet.
    01-30-09 10:33 AM
    with so few posts and no real credibility, there's gonna be tons of doubt...end of story
    01-30-09 10:34 AM
    The development team... don't they work for the X Files? A lot of fat but no meat. Without a reliable source I don't buy it.
    01-30-09 10:37 AM
    Don, now that we see you around, what is your opinion on the stauts of the OS development? Believe this thread or not.
    01-30-09 10:41 AM
    ...waiting for sith and cx to chime in here. if this is true it would be uber awesome. like...beyond uber awesome.
    01-30-09 10:45 AM
    ...waiting for sith and cx to chime in here. if this is true it would be uber awesome. like...beyond uber awesome.
    worth breaking out a few Dos XX, my friend!
    01-30-09 10:46 AM
    it probably does exist, but anyone could have guessed that, however, anything else he says seems more like speculation than anything else, which does no one any good...especially around these parts
    01-30-09 10:48 AM
    it probably does exist, but anyone could have guessed that, however, anything else he says seems more like speculation than anything else, which does no one any good...especially around these parts
    +1, Don. This thread could really begin to take on a life of its own, just like some of the others. I'm just trying to b epatient and waiting for the next official OS. It'll get her when it gets here.
    01-30-09 10:51 AM
    True... I am glad Don came in... CX has been back but I haven't seen Sith around since the last flame fest.
    01-30-09 10:53 AM
    are you sure man? when it would release? give us some detail and hopes plz
    01-30-09 10:57 AM
    It would be nice to see something newer than .90 to leak out. beggars cant be choosers though so I will sit patiently and hope.

Hope the OP is right on with this information and someone drops a surprise to the CB community.
    01-30-09 10:59 AM
    2 weeks seems to be a popular time frame... close enough to make us salivate yet far enough away that when it turns out the post is bunk, we have already moved on to the next "possible update" thread.
    01-30-09 11:09 AM
    2 weeks seems to be a popular time frame... close enough to make us salivate yet far enough away that when it turns out the post is bunk, we have already moved on to the next "possible update" thread.
    lol...all contractors use the term "2 weeks" why not developers
    01-30-09 11:17 AM
    i love all the leaks and all, but it sure gets annoying to have to keep on inputting passwords into the browser and apps after every upgrade.

why can't the phone save that information?
    01-30-09 11:24 AM
    I think it's funny how people seem to equate post count to how much the person can actually know. I know multiple people who work for RIM as I spend much time in the Waterloo area and work for a prominent computer networking company. Many of these RIM employees have accounts on Crackberry but their post counts are below 20. Heck, they barely tell me anything, and I don't ask out of professional courtesy.

Reminds me of a line from my old favourite show, The West Wing:
    "Those who speak, don't know. And those who know, don't speak."
    01-30-09 11:28 AM
    I think it's funny how people seem to equate post count to how much the person can actually know. I know multiple people who work for RIM as I spend much time in the Waterloo area and work for a prominent computer networking company. Many of these RIM employees have accounts on Crackberry but their post counts are below 20. Heck, they barely tell me anything, and I don't ask out of professional courtesy.

hey Hastings..like you i'm Canadian and a Telus user. do you think Telus will release an official OS later then any other carrier? (due to their past performance)
    01-30-09 11:33 AM
    so what, .101 leak is coming out. supposedly by the end of this year

....see, I can do it too, lol.
    01-30-09 11:34 AM

100% correct... post count is irrelevant. Some of my rim friends are the same. Those that know have no need to brag about it.
    01-30-09 11:37 AM
    hey Hastings..like you i'm Canadian and a Telus user. do you think Telus will release an official OS later then any other carrier? (due to their past performance)
    No idea. Once RIM releases the update it's up to Telus to do internal testing and release it. I hope they come around quickly, but we could always use the Verizon official release OS while we wait for Telus to release theirs.
    01-30-09 11:41 AM
307 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD