02-23-11 12:42 AM
38 12
tools
    Except if you're into iBooks....oops.
    LOL! Yes, Apple is being feisty!
    02-17-11 11:13 AM
    S2 is comparable to iphone 3, not 4. Technology is changing real quick these days.
    02-20-11 04:31 PM
    storm 2 is comparable to the 3G maybe on a good day
    02-20-11 09:49 PM
    Enjoy your new device dude!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 11:24 PM
    Except if you're into iBooks....oops.
    Dump that albatross and use kindle.

storm 2 is comparable to the 3G maybe on a good day.
    The only advantage my wife's Iphone 3gs has over my storm 2 is speed . Its without a Doubt faster particularly web browsing. Other than that, my s2 blows it away as far as functionality, customization, etc. The battery lifes were fairly comparable but the removeable battery made the s2 much nicer.

Actually, the only complaint I have with blackberries now is the underpowered processor + cluncky only moldy OS yielding a very frustrating experience.
    Last edited by kb5zht; 02-21-11 at 05:51 AM.
    02-21-11 05:45 AM

The only advantage my wife's Iphone 3gs has over my storm 2 is speed . Its without a Doubt faster particularly web browsing. Other than that, my s2 blows it away as far as functionality, customization, etc. The battery lifes were fairly comparable but the removeable battery made the s2 much nicer.

Actually, the only complaint I have with blackberries now is the underpowered processor + cluncky only moldy OS yielding a very frustrating experience.
    I agree with you. I could go into the verizon store and get a "better" phone in the blink of an eye, if there were a "better" phone to get. I'm waiting for the next full screen RIM release to see what my options are, although comes August I may make a move.
    02-21-11 11:18 AM

I despise iBooks on my Touch--there is far too much white space around the text and there's no adjustment for that. Even if you set the text size very small, there are far fewer words on the page (using the same text size) than when using the Kindle app. And just let me say, once again, I HATE APPLE. I hate them even more, now that the story of their greed has recently surfaced with regards to their new onerous apps' rules. Rules that may soon see us lose access to Kindle, Pandora, and other high profile apps. Jobs, I despise you, you greedy SOB.
    02-21-11 08:06 PM
    I gave up my Storm 2 for a new Verizon I Phone 4 and I am very pleased with its performance. Unlimited emails & web for $29.99 month which is less than I was paying before with my Storm2. I also added tethering function which Verizon calls Hot Spot for $20 month and it is amazingly easy to use, just plug it in the USB port and your on line with your lap top in less than 15 seconds. No additional software is required.

As a single user I was always on a BIS account with my Verizon BB and could never get my Sent emails or any other Outlook Folders to sync up with my Yahoo mail account. I setup an IMAP Yahoo mail account this morning and now every time I send an email from my I Phone a copy is in my desktop PC Sent Folder. I have never been able to do that with any one of my three Black Berry's! This system also allows me to sync my laptop mails on Outlook as well.

Also, no more truncated emails like you get on the Black Berry.

So I hope other BB users who are sitting on the fence post will follow as they will be welcome on the I Phone forums as well.
    02-22-11 03:29 PM
    I agree as well- there is no contest. Just take a look at the list of topics for the storm 2- this doesn't work, that is broken, something just blew up, etc. I have had the IPhone for a week now and am just amazed at not having any crashes, battery pulls, freeze ups, dropped calls, wi-fi issues and all the rest. It works and works very well all the time. I am even able to put some apps onto the phone and use them without fear of using up all the memory or crashing something else- what a concept! I love this phone!!!!
    02-22-11 03:59 PM
    I agree as well- there is no contest. Just take a look at the list of topics for the storm 2- this doesn't work, that is broken, something just blew up, etc. I have had the IPhone for a week now and am just amazed at not having any crashes, battery pulls, freeze ups, dropped calls, wi-fi issues and all the rest. It works and works very well all the time. I am even able to put some apps onto the phone and use them without fear of using up all the memory or crashing something else- what a concept! I love this phone!!!!
    That's great that u like your iPhone, but truth be told apps do crash on it. I've had 4 touches with roughly 4 or 5 OS releases, and oftentimes apps will crash back to the desktop. You've only had your phone for a week--give it longer before pronouncing it crash-free.
    02-22-11 06:26 PM
    Huh? I can't compare to the iP4, because I haven't jumped on it yet (waiting to see what June brings), but I can compare to the iP3G and the S2 kicks it's azz in almost every way.

I hardly EVER pull the battery, I've had maybe 4 freeze ups over the course of the year, I've never, ever had a Wi-Fi issue, and it has never, I repeat NEVER dropped a call.

The iP3G drops several calls per week (seriously), when you do maintain a call you can barely hear the person on the other end, it sometimes has to be rebooted because it stops charging, when it is rebooted it has to be re-synced or the apps don't work, the bluetooth services have never worked right, and the battery only lasts about 4 hours. Granted it's two years old, but it wasn't really much better when new. But it has great apps!

Anyway, a couple of the S2 complaints you mentioned I have never seen posted as frequent problems. In fact, in over two years on CB I don't think I've ever noted Wi-Fi or dropped call problems with either Storm device beyond maybe a very small few random complaints.

All devices can have issues, even Apples.

BTW, I'm only giving credit where it's due. There are issues with BB's that I'm frustrated with and are driving me away, but none of them have to do with build quality, dependability, stability, call quality, etc. RIM is driving me away with truncated email and a pizz poor browsing experience mostly.
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 02-22-11 at 10:57 PM.
    02-22-11 10:54 PM
    and here's a list of topics about the iphone 4.

Please Help: iPhone 4 call quality sucks - MacRumors Forums
    Considering returning my Verizon iPhone - MacRumors Forums
    Blue Tint vs Yellow Tint Iphone 4 Screen - Short Review/Comparison (Shocker Alert) - MacRumors Forums
    My iPhone 4 is laggy - MacRumors Forums
    Onto my 4th iPhone 4 in 3 Months, all laced with problems.... - MacRumors Forums
    The iPhone Browser Sucks - MacRumors Forums
    Tempermental iPhone 4 home button 4.1 - MacRumors Forums

we can go ON all night or day depending where you are.
    bottomline is, all phones, whatever platform have issues.
    and to convince others, or maybe just yourself that you won't encounter one in the future is just dumb.
    02-22-11 11:13 PM
    Good to hear you like your new phone. My better half just got an iP4. She had the 8330 for almost 3 years before, and she's sold. I HAVE played around with it (the iP4), and I must say it is indeed a great device. The UI is the best I've seen, and the apps are of actual quality if even sensless on occasion. I'm not sure it's for me, but depending on the Monaco, I may have to prepare myself for an Apple bite as I do NOT like Android.
    02-23-11 12:42 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD