Does Verizon offer preorders on upcoming handsets for consumers? Are we likely to see a preorder option for the 9550 appear before 28th Oct, as per Voda's?

I searched this forum, but couldn't find anything that wasn't about Voda or VZW B2B stuff. I'm new to VZW, so am unsure as to whether they historically offer preorders.

Thanks for any info.
    10-24-09 04:04 PM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon Customer Care (1-800-922-0204), and she had at first mentioned that she had no idea of the release date (she acknowledged the existence...) but I prodded and she checked on the update. IT IS OFFICIALLY to be released on the 28th, just like Sal had said, DonNguyen confirmed and so on...(if you remember Sal said it was going to be released on the 21st, and if not, no more than 7 days later)...21+7=28....

But anyway, she said it will be available in ALL stores, online, or through the customer service line (as posted above).

Oh, and through the stores, there will be no midnight release like there was with the Tour. Standard store hours

Personally, I'm getting mine in person.
    Last edited by Skynyrdfan5; 10-24-09 at 04:15 PM.
    10-24-09 04:10 PM
    Does Verizon offer preorders on upcoming handsets for consumers? Are we likely to see a preorder option for the 9550 appear before 28th Oct, as per Voda's?

I searched this forum, but couldn't find anything that wasn't about Voda or VZW B2B stuff. I'm new to VZW, so am unsure as to whether they historically offer preorders.

Thanks for any info.
    Oh, and the prices are confirmed as posted on DonNguyen's earlier post...

$279.99 for a 2 yr. contract
    $349.99 for 1 year
    $539.99 for full retail

October 28th is going to be a sweeeeeeeeet day...
    10-24-09 04:12 PM
    Yeah, I agree. I'm going to be so pshyed that day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 04:27 PM
    Okay, thanks for the responses.

However, I'm still wondering whether we'll be able to order the 9550 before the 28th...? Guessing not, you seem to be implying that they'll simply release it nationwide on 28th without people being able to reserve one.
    10-24-09 04:43 PM
    Oh, and the prices are confirmed as posted on DonNguyen's earlier post...

$279.99 for a 2 yr. contract
    $349.99 for 1 year
    $539.99 for full retail

October 28th is going to be a sweeeeeeeeet day...
    To clarify for those of us with poor attention spans......

Is that $279.99 for two year contract - $100 rebate (mail in or instant) - NE2 ($50-$100) for a total of either $129.99 or $79.99?

I hope so!

10-24-09 04:50 PM
    To clarify for those of us with poor attention spans......

Is that $279.99 for two year contract - $100 rebate (mail in or instant) - NE2 ($50-$100) for a total of either $129.99 or $79.99?

I hope so!

Yes. Base line it is $279.99......etc...
    But there IS a $100 VMIR making it $179.99/2yr. contract
    10-24-09 04:54 PM
    this is what im thinking , and i could be VERY wrong , but this is my guess , i believe verizon will announce it Tomorrow , Sunday , and it will be up for pre order mid afternoon tomorrow . then ofcourse releasing wednesday
    10-24-09 05:45 PM
    this is what im thinking , and i could be VERY wrong , but this is my guess , i believe verizon will announce it Tomorrow , Sunday , and it will be up for pre order mid afternoon tomorrow . then ofcourse releasing wednesday
    Hope you're right!!
    10-24-09 05:51 PM
    You never know. Anything is possible. Like the Cleveland Indians GM Mark Shapiro deciding against his man-love affair for Manny Acta (who looks like he'll be getting the job as Indians Manager...BOOOOO)
    10-24-09 06:15 PM
    Everything I've seen and heard points to all channels on the 28th, but I'm hoping you're right too!

What are the chances that they're still busy flashing a couple of hundred thousand units in distribution centers though, which is why it's "officially" all channels on the 28th?

*fingers crossed for pre-orders & for the leak gods to rain .327 or .328 on us tonight*
    10-24-09 06:24 PM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon Customer Care (1-800-922-0204), and she had at first mentioned that she had no idea of the release date (she acknowledged the existence...) but I prodded and she checked on the update. IT IS OFFICIALLY to be released on the 28th, just like Sal had said, DonNguyen confirmed and so on...(if you remember Sal said it was going to be released on the 21st, and if not, no more than 7 days later)...21+7=28....

But anyway, she said it will be available in ALL stores, online, or through the customer service line (as posted above).

Oh, and through the stores, there will be no midnight release like there was with the Tour. Standard store hours

Personally, I'm getting mine in person.
    lol 21+7=28 that was awsome dude, that made my day hehehe(30rock)

and lets all hope it is the 28th of this month hehehe 30th my b-day! yeah!!!(i am getting old T.T) perfect excuess to buy a kick a cellphone
    10-24-09 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD