I really hope that 6.0 doesn't cripple the 9550 any further and become like 9530 that I ran away from.... Wonder how much app mem will be available after the OS is installed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 12:30 AM
    really that isnt the problem. Its the leaky memory that causes most problems on the storm 1. It doesn hurt to boot with 20 MBs if it doesnt leak at all, like the storm 2.
    05-01-10 12:35 AM
    is it possible that some devices have better memory management, and that this cannot be changed by an OS update?
    05-01-10 12:43 AM
    the memory management is the OS, not the device.
    05-01-10 10:16 AM
    Had to snicker reading the OP. Is there some benefit to having a large amount of memory sitting unused? I have plenty of room for OS6 to use some. Just as long as it remains solid with memory management and doesn't cause any leaks. Really liking Storm2 can operate for days without any memory drop.

05-01-10 10:46 AM
    Had to snicker reading the OP. Is there some benefit to having a large amount of memory sitting unused? I have plenty of room for OS6 to use some. Just as long as it remains solid with memory management and doesn't cause any leaks. Really liking Storm2 can operate for days without any memory drop.

exactly i boot to 50ish right now and it hardly moves more than 1 MB or so from that
    05-01-10 12:00 PM
    I agree that the S2 has nailed the memory management thing. I wonder though, if one loaded it so the available memory was only 20mb, if it would start to leak. I wonder, because my S1 seemed to be reasonably stable with memory until that point.
    05-01-10 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD