Title says it all - I d/l the .109 beta and installed - but now I read v4.7.1.109 (platform 4.0.0.114).

Is this because I installed the .106/.109 hybrid before this and did not do a wipe?

thanks...
    02-24-09 12:47 AM
    are you using .90 radio code? Same issue here.
    02-24-09 01:02 AM
    I think that may be it - I was using that to solve the graphics issue.
    02-24-09 01:05 AM
    I think that may be it - I was using that to solve the graphics issue.
    ALWAYS do a wipe before installing a new OS. Otherwise you are painting a light color over a dark one... old code can show over the new code IF nothing was programmed for that sector.
    02-24-09 01:09 AM
    When installing a new os, it wipes the phone before install. Don't see what's up with the placebo effect of wipes. At any rate, your issue is the radio code from .90. Did you switch it over before you loaded it up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 01:12 AM
    When installing a new os, it wipes the phone before install. Don't see what's up with the placebo effect of wipes. At any rate, your issue is the radio code from .90. Did you switch it over before you loaded it up?

True dat
    02-24-09 01:15 AM
    ALWAYS do a wipe before installing a new OS. Otherwise you are painting a light color over a dark one... old code can show over the new code IF nothing was programmed for that sector.
    Hey Level get this, I've wiped several times now. The last two times AppleBerry starts to load AFTER the wipe (spinning beach ball instead of clock). Plus, maybe 5 wipes back I stopped loading that lightening strike background yet I have always seen it pop up as I press an icon on the Home screen. I don't know if everyones contact looks blah as it did in the hybrid .109 but mine looks like the same crappy blah contact info all bunched together. JL wipe goes fine, I get the 507 error but I don't think is actually "wiping" like one would expect.

BTW I'm showing 4.7.0.109/4.0.0.136

~X

02-24-09 04:08 AM
    I ended-up deleting the folder for the 109 hybrid and reinstalling and that did the trick.
    02-24-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD