I recently purchased a Storm, kinda wanted to see what all of the fuss was about and I was using the LG Chocolate 2 (which really doesn't work for managing email).... Anyway there was a regional manager in the store and he said that there would be a "Maintenance Update" for the Storm by the end of May. Today I was purchasing a case for the Storm at a different location and the Store manager said that VZW would be updating the Storm at the end of the month.

Are these guys just pulling my chain? (Have they been saying this for the past several months? or is this for real?)
    05-17-09 04:51 PM
    I recently purchased a Storm, kinda wanted to see what all of the fuss was about and I was using the LG Chocolate 2 (which really doesn't work for managing email).... Anyway there was a regional manager in the store and he said that there would be a "Maintenance Update" for the Storm by the end of May. Today I was purchasing a case for the Storm at a different location and the Store manager said that VZW would be updating the Storm at the end of the month.

Are these guys just pulling my chain? (Have they been saying this for the past several months? or is this for real?)
    They ar not pulling ur chain, they r yanking the **** out of it...
    Good luck with this post..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 04:55 PM
    Yes-- be sure to do a search along the lines of "Verizon rep said"... you will be astounded.
    05-17-09 05:02 PM
    I realize that you are new (2 posts), but you are committing CrackBerry suicide by posting such mindless drivel! Be warned, grasshopper!
    05-17-09 05:06 PM
    I'm kinda like Mulder from The X-Files.
    I want to Believe. That VZW will be sending out the OTA upgrade soon.
    I can dream can't I?

05-17-09 05:19 PM
    I'm kinda like Mulder from The X-Files.
    I want to Believe. That VZW will be sending out the OTA upgrade soon.
    I can dream can't I?

Lol that movie was really bad!

Ok back on topic now...the people in the store are usually the last ones to know about anything.

05-17-09 05:26 PM

WTF People!! It's like going through an intersection without looking. How can you not SEE the 10 million other posts about the exact same thing.

FAIL!
    05-17-09 05:36 PM
    Remember when it was "end of January?" Then "mid February?" Then...

05-17-09 05:36 PM
    Lol. Say what you want about Crackberry, but dont call it inconsistent!
    05-17-09 05:38 PM
    in two weeks...by the end of Jan...Feb 1st...Feb 14th...next week...End of Feb...March 7th...mid March...within a week...by April 1st...no later than April 7th...less than 2 weeks...soon...April 21st...by May...in two weeks...

By the end of May???? Are you serious??? How can you make this crap up??

For real, VZW does not have a build in the final stages of testing and there is nothing getting close. Before a build gets released it has to go through lab testing, and then final testing, and they are not expecting it.

We will get an upgrade, just look at my signature for when I have it all figured out. Any questions??

*edit* Why is it that those that keep posting this crap have like, less than 5 posts?
    05-17-09 05:39 PM
    the store reps have discovered time travel!!! we must send a "YKW" strike force to infiltrate and capture enemy intelligence...initiating strike order cordinates...locking in codes, over!
    05-17-09 05:40 PM

ROFL!!! So true!
    05-17-09 08:36 PM
    It's best to ask the Data Consultants within VZW before you ask RM or Store Managers.

I have talked to DC's when every one of the four updated software versions were to be released. Have actually played with the real unreleased versions that they have had on the phones. Only to find out a few days or week later that VZW squashed it bc of certain things. This last one was so close that testers had already submitted their final reports on it. Then the whammy came and it was denied AGAIN!

I have heard the end of May by numerous higher ups in VZW, however, even I won't believe it until it comes out.
    05-17-09 10:43 PM
    any dates you're given are speculation. nobody knows until the OS is passed and prepared for release! bottom line. period.
    05-17-09 10:46 PM
    Remember when it was "end of January?" Then "mid February?" Then...

Ahh, Happy Times. DOH !!!!
    05-18-09 11:06 AM

Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity? Two weeks away from everywhere.
    05-18-09 11:11 AM
    Hey let's cut him a lil SLACK here PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!
    At least it was an RM; not some piddly little
    store clerk. Not that there is anything wrong with pidly.
    U get my drift.
    05-18-09 11:15 AM

Nice!!

OP...get a leaked OS dude...you'll forget all about the 'Update Fairy'.

05-18-09 11:16 AM
    Fail

05-18-09 11:21 AM
    Yes and no. I'm sure their higher ups are telling them to tell people "an update is coming" because it is. There's just no telling when, so they're just guessing on the date.

Seems every time an update was supposed to come "at the end of the month" the update failed to pass VZWs QC and was canned (and then eventually leaked). Considering it takes about a month for testing to complete (or get to the final stages), "the end of the month" is a pretty safe estimate.

It's just a matter of figuring out which month.
    05-18-09 11:44 AM
    Everybody is so welcoming to new people here. Leave the poor guy alone. Everybody acts so high and mighty when you know that, at one time, you would have believed anything a Verizon rep would have told you. If these posts bother you so much, why even respond to them?

05-18-09 11:57 AM
    Purest of speculation

05-18-09 11:59 AM
    Everybody is so welcoming to new people here. Leave the poor guy alone. Everybody acts so high and mighty when you know that, at one time, you would have believed anything a Verizon rep would have told you. If these posts bother you so much, why even respond to them?

when i was 16 and still didn't have a cell phone, i knew not to trust those crazy coots!

now i'm grown, and wiser for the experiences...i've worked with VZW, and now there is no doubt in my mind that i'll never believe a word that comes out of their mouths! i want it all in writing. emails, letters, pamphlets, anything but vocal communication.
    05-18-09 12:03 PM
    when i was 16 and still didn't have a cell phone, i knew not to trust those crazy coots!

now i'm grown, and wiser for the experiences...i've worked with VZW, and now there is no doubt in my mind that i'll never believe a word that comes out of their mouths! i want it all in writing. emails, letters, pamphlets, anything but vocal communication.
    Give the new people a break though... Maybe there should be some automatic reply when someone posts a thread that has the words, "A Verizon rep told me..."
    The automatic reply could be something like, "Welcome to Crackberry. Enjoy your time here. Use the search function. Never believe what a Verizon rep has to say about a new OS for your Storm."
    05-18-09 12:33 PM
    lmfao! i've been PM'ing people who start the threads, kind of a quiet, behind the scenes 'YKW' prevention talk
    05-18-09 12:49 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD