I know I am not the only one with this question so I am creating a thread as I have searched for two days and have not found the answer. Once we get the info to get this working I will post a thorough step by step but need help before we get there.

I have an unlocked 9530 with a TMO SIM that has the BIS plan activated and working from my 8120 in my Storm. I get it to recognize the sim and it shows T-Mobile at the top and "edge" (note it is all lowercase). I have tried the get everything working methods and loaded the generic service books and had the icons for browser, etc but still "edge"

I have see others have been successful at getting it to be "EDGE" (note all uppercase) which is required for true data services.

My brief diagnostics have found the following:

1. HRT is empty, no records at all which is typically an indicator of a problem but not sure how to remedy the problem.

2. I can surf the web using the WAP browser even in "edge" mode

One last note I updated my TMO BIS account to point to my Storm (entered the PIN and IMEI number no problem) and even tried sending service books to no avail.

Any help is appreciated I can answer any questions you may have.

Thanks in advance!!
    12-02-08 11:29 PM
    I'm not a T-Mo USA user, but it seems to me you might have luck reading the sticky thread about getting everything working on T-Mo, or post your additional questions and problems there.
    12-02-08 11:32 PM
    I'm not a T-Mo USA user, but it seems to me you might have luck reading the sticky thread about getting everything working on T-Mo, or post your additional questions and problems there.
    I tried that method to a T and it didn't work for me. I did post in there but it gets lost in the mix so I thought I would start a thread for everyone that has this problem to discuss to figure it out and those much smarter than me to weigh in to finally figure out this problem.

Ultimately I am hoping this will help everyone with the problem by documenting the fix to this one, very frustrating problem.
    12-02-08 11:38 PM
    im having the same problem but when i connect to the at&t network i get the EDGE service and ive asked and asked and still no help from anyone?
    02-06-09 03:36 AM
    What version of the os are you on? Some say the radio code on .99 is not as good as some other versions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 05:44 AM
    See i think the radio code on .99 is way better then the other beta OS'es. When i would reboot the phone (or it would restart) and i would only get edge. So i would have to reboot again. With .99 I can turn off my radio and turn it back on and within 60-90 seconds it will go from edge to EDGE. I wish it was as fast as my curve in connecting to EDGE but I guess they are working on it.
    02-06-09 07:00 AM
    I think the common thing here is .99

My phone worked flawlessly on .90 .... updated to .99 and now there is no EDGE.

My first thought is do drop back to .90 until PT or someone can figure out what is up with the service books... if that is even the problem.

I will see if i can mess around with the settings... it flashes EDGE every now and again. But only for a couple of seconds.
    Last edited by lilman573; 02-06-09 at 08:12 AM.
    02-06-09 08:08 AM
    trying going to options>mobile network>(it should read Tmobile) go down to network technology, press on the drop down and play around with the option except for 1XEV, that did it for me. how did you get the .90 OS working for you, it won't even show up on the update software section on my desktop manager...hope this works for you
    02-06-09 09:02 AM
    Ok, so i did some looking around in the mobile network options section.

When i manualy select the T-Mo tower by me, data comes back. When i put it in Automatic, i think it tries to go through the other tower it see's, which is AT&T.

So, try manually selecting your T-Mo tower.
    02-06-09 10:52 AM
    The problem is OS .99
    To use the .99 you need to go Hybrid. OS.99/Radio file OS.90. Works for me! Im on ATT, no battery pull in 5 days.
    02-06-09 10:56 AM
    How'd you upload the .90 radio file though?
    02-06-09 11:02 AM
    Which file is the radio file?
    02-06-09 11:59 AM
    I have a simple solution for you

guarenteed.....yes GUARENTEED.... to work

easy as pie

no need to take notes this one is simple

get your drivers license and your last t mobile bill

head to a verizon store

hand them your storm

pick out your plan

your on your way home with a working storm.

told you it was simple.
    02-06-09 12:02 PM
    Hmm judging by your signature... it seems like you are a Verizon Fanboy....

Wrong thread. Try the Verizon section in carrier discussion.
    02-06-09 12:13 PM
    Check out this thread. How To: Use the Radio code from one OS build in another Worked like a charm.
    02-06-09 12:15 PM
    Hmm judging by your signature... it seems like you are a Verizon Fanboy....

Wrong thread. Try the Verizon section in carrier discussion.
    It was a joke brother don't get upset

And yes I am a fan of good reception and data coverage call me crazy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 12:28 PM
    Check out this thread. How To: Use the Radio code from one OS build in another Worked like a charm.
    Worked great thanks!

Wow.. and to think ... i didn't even have to change carriers...!
    02-06-09 12:34 PM
    NP thank the man who wrote that "How To".
    02-06-09 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD