02-23-09 03:08 PM
338 ... 11121314
tools
    can someone help me? i have downloaded .103 twice and when trying to run it on the pc i get an error that says " a network error occurred while trying to read from the file." any ideas?
    02-12-09 09:25 PM
    Memory leak is so minimal, not even worth getting into...great, loving it.

How anyone can say their batterys are draining fast I just don't get. My battery with heavy usage is doing very well. My camera is just about perfect and the whole OS seems snapper with zero reboots!
    The browser is more consistant with speed...that is noticeable.

It gets me real excited about the Storm when I see the potenital being unleashed. Great stuff.
    02-12-09 09:28 PM
    running 103 since early today. keyboard lag seems to minimal if at all. load does take a while so be patient. mine load time was over 10 minutes. music plays without issues. did find that slacker radio now wants to upgrade and then the upgrade says the device is not supported. will wait a day or so to see it this resolves. otherwise slacker still works. still having problem with synchronized outlook calendar reminders --no reminder sounds. still need to look for the resolution and not sure if related to 103 or not.
    02-12-09 09:37 PM
    Wondering if voice dial still sounds through speaker when activated? Does this release fix this problem?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 09:40 PM
    does the .103 not have a browser installed on it?

Yes but you may need to go to: options > advanced options > host routing tables > BB menu key > register now

To get it to show up or work.
    02-12-09 09:42 PM
    for what it's worth, this seems much more stable (and a little faster) than .99. I had real problems with .99 suddenly restarting (as if I'd pulled the battery) for no good reason. It'd be sitting on my desk, screen dark, and all of a sudden I see the white screen and wait ... oh ... I dunno ... forever for the restart. I haven't had that happen once today since upgrading.
    02-12-09 09:52 PM
    Out of all the updates this is the first time that I can't get my browser or emails to show up. I tried to do the usual of going to menu - advanced menu - host routing table - and registering. It can't seem to make it work. Have tried it a couple times already.

Edit - Also usually when I go to the service books I can send service books but there's no option for that.
    02-12-09 09:56 PM
    I use to have network access earlier but not that I rebooted to get it to see scan and see all the mp3 fies I no longer can connect to the web, USE bbmapS, yOUtUBE, fLYcAST, facebook anything that needs the network,

I have already done :

options > advanced options > host routing tables > BB menu key > register now

I show 1XEV

Radio is ON

Data Services ON
    Network Selection Mode: Automatic
    Network Technology 1XEV or Global both do the same.

And I have 5 BARS

What am I missing? Why is the network not working?
    02-12-09 10:16 PM
    I use to have network access earlier but not that I rebooted to get it to see scan and see all the mp3 fies I no longer can connect to the web, USE bbmapS, yOUtUBE, fLYcAST, facebook anything that needs the network,

I have already done :

options > advanced options > host routing tables > BB menu key > register now

I show 1XEV

Radio is ON

Data Services ON
    Network Selection Mode: Automatic
    Network Technology 1XEV or Global both do the same.

And I have 5 BARS

What am I missing? Why is the network not working?

maybe you have to do the Verizon over the air programming again to get your phone registered on the Verizon network....

*228 send option 1

not sure but just a guess and it cant hurt.
    02-12-09 10:22 PM
    maybe you have to do the Verizon over the air programming again to get your phone registered on the Verizon network....

*228 send option 1

not sure but just a guess and it cant hurt.

Darn your good!! That did it dang it. Thanks a lot!

Update: Browser works but is excessively slow. Same with bbmaps, google maps and youtube just keeps trying to get to something.

Really slow.
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 02-12-09 at 11:01 PM.
    02-12-09 10:43 PM
    zomg got .103 to DL now i can destroy the apple empire. "my phone has always been this badass. they just didn't give it a fair chance" fanboy type excited right now....
    02-12-09 10:54 PM
    in order to download the OS, do I have to have an account on megaupload?
    02-12-09 11:15 PM
    no....................
    02-12-09 11:20 PM
    so do I need to downgrade the radio file to .90 like I had to for the .99 version in this .103 release? I don't want to have the edge/EDGE problem with AT&T.

Thanks.
    02-12-09 11:41 PM

no....................

If you look carefully it tells you to type 3 or 4 letters and then it waits 45 seconds and starts downloading.
    02-13-09 12:38 AM
    I just upgraded to .99 the other day...I can't even keep up with these OS updates...
    02-13-09 12:59 AM
    Upgraded from .90 to 103 and i regret it - the battery life sucks and the lag is just ridiculous
    02-13-09 03:25 PM
    Been up a whole day and not one freeze it's awesome love it .99
    02-13-09 04:33 PM
    I upgraded to .103 and my Contacts icon disappeared. The contacts themselves are still there because I can access them in the phone but the icon is gone. Any idea how I can get it back?
    02-13-09 04:59 PM
    In reading how this OS is, I think I may hold off. Not because I'm scared, this would be the first leaked OS that i did NOT dl...but I love .99. It's been flawless and it seems like the gains in .103 are small and few between.

Mainly...it's not worth it for me to upgrade and redo all my QuickLaunch short cuts again lol.
    02-13-09 05:08 PM
    Been running 103 for a few days now. One small glitch upgrading. Had to delete the vendor.xml file even though I am on verizon. Once I did that, it went smooth as silk.
    103 seems faster and more stable than .90 ever did for me. I like this one.
    02-13-09 09:33 PM
    I will definately agree with some of you that say the battery life sucks on .103. I think I'm going back to .99
    02-13-09 09:38 PM
    BTW 106 is out! I can't get my hands on it yet, but I know it out! Anyone bribe anyone from RIM to get it?

Update: Turns out 106 for the 9530 just came out this morning ... might be a little bit before we see it.

Was also told about a smal trick. If you take a ripped business card and place it between the battery and the phone, it makes the keys more sensitive ... some interesting info.
    Last edited by Poncherelly; 02-13-09 at 10:36 PM.
    02-13-09 10:24 PM
    I upgraded to .103 and my Contacts icon disappeared. The contacts themselves are still there because I can access them in the phone but the icon is gone. Any idea how I can get it back?
    I'd try battery pull....maybe resend service books(not sure if that'll help with the contacts though) or maybe make sure show all is checked...might be hidden for some reason.
    02-13-09 10:52 PM
    Been running 103 for a few days now. One small glitch upgrading. Had to delete the vendor.xml file even though I am on verizon. Once I did that, it went smooth as silk.
    103 seems faster and more stable than .90 ever did for me. I like this one.
    Hey Plastic...same for me...went from .75 to .103 and had to delete the vendor.xml before DM would recognize...any issues while not having the vendor.xml file?

Anyone else? should we try and restore it? Thanks..
    02-13-09 11:01 PM
338 ... 11121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD