Other than the excessive hourglassing I have also noticed that about 1/3 of my album music that use to play fine on .64 and .75 will not play on .103. It says "The media being played is of unsupported format" 1 of 13, 2 of 13, 3 of 13, 4 of 13, 5 of 13, 6 of 13 Then after flashing all that (about 10 seconds of flashing that up) it plays it? Go figure?

Actually what it is doing is it trys cycling through the songs and ends up playing the first one as the rest it can not play. They were all ripped from the same CD?? And all played with .75.

Hmmmm, this really stinks. Only about 1 song in a whole album will play of my 27 albums I have on it. That is going to be a deal breaker for me. Might have to roll back to some other release.
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 02-12-09 at 03:48 AM.
    02-12-09 03:36 AM
    I can not get my Tasks back on my phone after loading .103. When I go into the app loader, my only options now are for the third party apps, all the core stuff is gone. It was all there the first time I went in there when I restored my apps using the backup process lined out in another post. But I forgot to put my tasks on and now only those third party apps that I restored show up when I go back in. Any ideas?

edit: ooh, I think I might know, I'm guessing I have to go into Add/Remove Apps and hit browse and go back to the default file, could someone go there real quick and tell me where that default file is likely to be? Please?

edit: tried searching for .alx and .ali files and none of those seem to do the trick...

edit: wow! I just found the user guide for the phone in one of the files I was searching, I didn't know it existed, a pdf with 249 pages! still can't figure out why i can't get tasks and core apps in the app loader...
    Last edited by Crackilate; 02-12-09 at 04:06 AM.
    02-12-09 03:42 AM
    anyone been dumping the sample photos before installing this? just curious
    02-12-09 07:21 AM
    Here's a mirror for Storm .103 Release. Enjoy.
    02-12-09 07:40 AM
    Damn gotta wait tell I get home to download.
    02-12-09 09:05 AM
    I dig it so far. My first time upgrading from .75 so take my opinion for what it's worth
    02-12-09 09:10 AM
    I've updated every leak, and this was the first time that the phone updated, but seems as if had it been "wiped." What I mean is that this is the first time I have to resetup everything. In the past, the time will still be synced properly and my personal e-mail was still there (of course I've always had to reactivate BES).

Everything seems okay though, just strange.
    02-12-09 09:14 AM
    only tried .65 .75 .103 have not tried Sith v3.

So far .103 is better than .65 or .75 since the video is working now. but I have to get browser working still.

It says : "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries." I think I have seen that posted on here before. I just need to look for the solution, (I hope).

Not sure why it did not load with the rest of it. Everything else seems to be there and if I look in Update it shows that Browser is Clicked.

OK got that working: options>advanced options>host routing table>blackberry button>register now.

Can not tell that it is any faster anywhere. Loading Crackberry or ebay still takes forever.
    All you have to do is go to Options>Advanced Options>Service Books, then just delete the service books that have [IPPP] at the end. Then go back once it Advanced Options and go to Host Routing Table and hit the blackberry key and the click Register Now. It should show up after a couple moments after that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 09:31 AM
    Charged phone last night Battery half full now & I only made a 27 min call. 3txt msg 4 bb msg
    02-12-09 09:42 AM
    Charged phone last night Battery half full now & I only made a 27 min call. 3txt msg 4 bb msg

but how long were you swinging your stormsaber?
    02-12-09 10:18 AM
    oh man, no...sometimes it is VERY hard to see, which is a good thing. But sometimes it is very noticeable. And I KNOW it is on both of yours too, it's impossible to not have the same features in the same OS version for multiple people's devices. Lol, that's like saying mine has a task switcher and yours doesn't. The color change is something they coded into these builds for testing whatever, and it does not change from one device to the next. Chances are, you guys who think you don't have that change have the different temperature screen with truer, richer colors in the first place and it's much harder to notice.

Again, go open up the portrait QWERTY and look at the !?123 key for example. You can see how the slight color change affects the black around the text and the way the whole key symbol looks. Blues and blacks are most noticeable in the change. Open your task switcher and look at the top of each icon in it. You can possibly see a few dim, whitish lines at the top of each because of the decrease in depth. If you still can't see it, it's there, but you must have the other Storm screen.

And on a side note, I have had two problems so far with .103. Testing a movie out, I started playing it and skipped forward in the movie, and the controls stopped responding completely. Couldn't stop or pause, bring up app switcher, or even hit End or Back to get out. Audio kept playing. I had to do a batt. pull.

Also, before when my phone rang, before I picked up, the screen was pure white until I hit the physical green pick up key. Graphics glitch...so goofy.
    You should stop telling everyone they have your color problem when they don't. I don't either, sorry for you but that's a fact. I did as you say and yes the ?123 is hard to read but it's just because of the font size not because of any color issue.
    02-12-09 10:22 AM
    I lost my Tasks in the upgrade to .103. Anyone know how I can get that loaded when it doesn't show up in the app loader?
    02-12-09 10:43 AM
    I lost my Tasks in the upgrade to .103. Anyone know how I can get that loaded when it doesn't show up in the app loader?
    nope. mine is there under applications on the storm. I did not have an issue with it. If you do Apploader it does not show up?
    How about if you do apploader from one of your older backups of Apps?
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 02-12-09 at 10:59 AM.
    02-12-09 10:48 AM
    Any one else having issues with Playing songs in .103?

It says "The media being played is of unsupported format" 1 of 13, 2 of 13, 3 of 13, 4 of 13, 5 of 13, 6 of 13 Then after flashing all that (about 10 seconds of flashing that up) It may find one it can play.
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 02-12-09 at 11:12 AM.
    02-12-09 11:02 AM
    When you do the upgrade to a new OS, you can click on details and it will list all the items that will be included. You can check mark or uncheck from the list. Sometimes the DM only selects the system application and the core applications. Re run the DM and select what you would like.
    02-12-09 11:12 AM
    Here is the .103 screen image

And a .75 image.

I think they look pretty much the same now that it is not stretched. For some reason it stretches the picture virticaly to fill the space but on .75 it just squished horizontlly to fit. The colors are a bit different but i think that is because I had to rework the image to really fit the screen and but black borders on top and bottom that I did not do on the .75 image as it just left them black if there was no image there.

Looks like the .75 image hung down into the top of the buttons a bit so it looks greener there.
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 02-12-09 at 11:28 AM.
    02-12-09 11:24 AM
    oh man im so ready for this.
    02-12-09 11:35 AM
    How is the locking and unlocking? Does the blue light follow you as you type?

02-12-09 11:36 AM
    I hit lock, get an hourglass for 3 seconds and it is locked. Hit lock again and it immediately prompts for password.

But my music still does not play hardly any of my songs.

I am not the fastest typer but I do not see a differnce in the speed of the blue light. It seems to keep up with my typing but it did on .75 also. I do not see much if any speed difference on .103 from .75

I do notice the hourglass more often on .103.
    02-12-09 11:43 AM
    I hit lock, get an hourglass for 3 seconds and it is locked. Hit lock again and it immediately prompts for password.

But my music still does not play hardly any of my songs.

I am not the fastest typer but I do not see a differnce in the speed of the blue light. It seems to keep up with my typing but it did on .75 also. I do not see much if any speed difference on .103 from .75

I do notice the hourglass more often on .103.
    thank you for precise answer!
    02-12-09 11:49 AM
    nope. mine is there under applications on the storm. I did not have an issue with it. If you do Apploader it does not show up?
    How about if you do apploader from one of your older backups of Apps?
    Thanks, great idea that I hadn't thought of and it almost worked. It showed me all the old 3rd party apps, some of which I had deleted and not backed up in this upgrade, but still only the 3rd party apps showed up, none of the apps that came with the phone. So it's not just tasks, I can't get things like word mole back on either.

When you do the upgrade to a new OS, you can click on details and it will list all the items that will be included. You can check mark or uncheck from the list. Sometimes the DM only selects the system application and the core applications. Re run the DM and select what you would like.
    I know it gave me those options when I was updgrading, but I didn't pick it out of the list at the time, and I've restarted my computer and everything. But it gives me those options if I want to downgrade the OS, which I might have to do then upgrade again to get this stuff on there. I feel like it could be a simpler fix that I'm overlooking because I seem to be the only one with the problem...
    02-12-09 12:03 PM
    i have been using .103 for 10hours now and it seems to run really smooth. the typing lag from .99 is gone which is a good thing, screen transition is better and it seems just as stable as .75 except much quicker in transition and snappier with just about everything you do. Camera seems to be working flawless.
    02-12-09 12:10 PM
    Wow, i've tried all the leaks and ended up going back to the official .75 because of stability and it was the only version that allowed the blue highlight to follow my finger on the home screen.

However, after running .103 for 24hrs now, this is definitely the best leak yet. Pretty much all featuers are a bit quicker and responsive while still being stable and no lock ups.

Hopefully, the official .103 or next leak will just build upon this since this is the first real build that has made me "happy" i guess.

The only con is that the blue highlight doesn't follow my finger again... ):
    02-12-09 01:23 PM
    LOL I didnt even download that thing

I also noticed if you turn it off to charge & try turning it on while charging it doesnt come on...hmm
    but how long were you swinging your stormsaber?
    02-12-09 01:33 PM
    Would someone please explain to me how to download? I go to the page but no link. What am I missing?
    Last edited by hookbill; 02-12-09 at 02:59 PM.
    02-12-09 02:44 PM
338 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD