Would someone please explain to me how to download? I go to the page but no link. What am I missing?
    This link below that was posted earlier in the thread seems to still work.

http://zeiroe.serpents-guild.com/bb/...A4.7.0.103.exe

But I still cannot get MUSIC to work with it or the other URLs for .103
    02-12-09 03:17 PM
    I know this has been touched on before as I have researched it pretty extensively, but I believe it was more generally and based upon .75. As far as I can tell, it hasn't been talked about regarding any of the leaked OSes.

My question is: does anyone out there who has installed any of the numerous leaked OSes found that the tone and alerts issue has been fixed? By this, I mean, there are certain tones out there, e.g. "LIGHTSPEED", that only work if the phone's screen is on, but if the screen is off when the phone is idle, the tone does not make a sound. This was my SMS tone on my 8830 but when I tried to use it on my Storm I never got a notification other than the LED indicator when my phone was idle, however it worked if the phone was active when an SMS message was received. I've also found that this is the case with a few other tones and alerts that I've tried to switch to, but not all of them. Thanks to anyone in advance for any info you can give me.

I'm still running .75
    02-12-09 03:18 PM
    .103 refuses to play the majority of my music. All of which plays on .75 and still plays via USB on my PC.

I just tried a 4th install of .103 and it still does the some thing.

I also copied all data off the Media card, FOrmated the Media car and put the data back and it still gets errors like this:

It says "The media being played is of unsupported format" 1 of 13, 2 of 13, 3 of 13, 4 of 13, 5 of 13, 6 of 13 Then after flashing all that (about 10 seconds of flashing that up) It may find one it can play. The 13 is the number of songs on this one album.

It does this in all albums.

Most a .wma format and most are just copied via USB from PC to media card as for .75 that kept all my album art and songs formatted properly to view and play on .75.

Anyone got some ideas?
    02-12-09 03:22 PM
    This link below that was posted earlier in the thread seems to still work.

But I still cannot get MUSIC to work with it or the other URLs for .103
    Thank you that worked.

Is your music .mp3?

I had to remove link, I can't post links yet.
    02-12-09 03:28 PM
    can i get the new os on my unlocked storm ?
    02-12-09 03:33 PM
    Great to know this is out, I am installing it now. If it corrects the typing lag and tightens up the browser that will be GREAT! .99 was a real improvement, so hopefully .103 is too.
    02-12-09 03:35 PM
    Thank you that worked.

Is your music .mp3?

I had to remove link, I can't post links yet.
    .wma format songs
    02-12-09 03:39 PM
    It stopped somewhere during installation and crashed. The Storm just has an spinning clock on it forever and after a battery pull it still does that. Just a white screen with a spinning clock (hourglass). Anyone know how to fix this?
    02-12-09 03:49 PM
    I lost all of my contacts after the OS upgrade to .103. Can anyone help me?
    02-12-09 03:49 PM
    It stopped somewhere during installation and crashed. The Storm just has an spinning clock on it forever and after a battery pull it still does that. Just a white screen with a spinning clock (hourglass). Anyone know how to fix this?

That sounds like a normal boot. Takes like 5 minutes or more.
    02-12-09 03:52 PM

That is what you did a backup for prior to the update.

You did a backup right?

Just do RESTORE in the DM and point to your backup.
    02-12-09 03:53 PM
    did you back up your files such as contacts and apps?
    02-12-09 03:55 PM
    I have a question...if I backup my phone, and after an upgrade to a beta restore it...does that just restore my info, or does that restore the O.S. as well...I backup every time, and havn't had a problem yet...just wondering..thanks
    02-12-09 04:28 PM
    but when I try to load it says "The Data was not recognized by the desktop"
    02-12-09 04:32 PM
    My batt life is pretty good. Seems to be a little worse than 99, but better than others. Took off charger this morning and used the phone a lot and have 70% left.

Charged phone last night Battery half full now & I only made a 27 min call. 3txt msg 4 bb msg

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 04:37 PM
    I have a question...if I backup my phone, and after an upgrade to a beta restore it...does that just restore my info, or does that restore the O.S. as well...I backup every time, and havn't had a problem yet...just wondering..thanks

Backup does your data and memory settings.

App backup via the Switch Device method backs up your Applications.

I do not think either backs up your OS. Restore just suck your data in and settings. Update and point to App backup location restores your Apps you added.
    02-12-09 04:38 PM
    Oh snap! Let me know if this works. I have not d/l any of the leaked OS, but I am getting tired of waiting on the official one...
    02-12-09 04:50 PM
    up and running - everything seems to be working well - keyboard looks a little different - same format but different new look..
    02-12-09 07:20 PM
    i nuked my berry trying to load .103 yesterday, restored back to .103, now my DM won't recognize that .103 is there to update to. i'm running vista, and i disabled admin restrictions so that it should work properly. any other suggestions? vendor file doesn't apply because its for VZW. whats the big deal about not having internet connected during update? what does that prevent?
    02-12-09 07:20 PM
    when the internet isnt conected then there is no automatic updates should help - i had this problem with a previous os
    02-12-09 07:22 PM
    give me back my battery life!!!!!
    02-12-09 07:37 PM
    Internet off and still no luck. I've deleted the OS, uninstalled, downloaded and installed again. Same result. Any other suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 07:59 PM
    does the .103 not have a browser installed on it?
    02-12-09 08:12 PM
    can someone who text ALOT. (like 300+ messages a day) tell me is the keyboard lag still there from .99. it drove me insane!!!!!!!!!. cause i text so much and i can do it on the storm without looking but i would proof read my messages and the dang blue light would still be focused on the first letter hit with the hour glass in the middle of the screen spinning around. and ultimatly went back to .90 witch has very good text speed so back to my ? is the lag gone or still there?
    02-12-09 08:15 PM
    Well, after hearing about all the pros.. I finally jumped from .75 to .103, and haven't noticed any cons so far.. My battery life still seems to be fine, and all my apps work (some even better)!

I like how quick it responds now. The only thing I still can't figure out with this upgrade is when I type out a msg, it doesn't suggest words when I'm using the multi-tap keyboard, and I have to keep pressing the letters just to get to the 'c' for 'f' for example.. any ideas why I didn't have to do that on .75?
    02-12-09 08:20 PM
338 ... 1011121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD