I like .103 over .99 so far. I was pretty content with .99 so I didn't bother with the hybrids and feel like this is much better for me, other than the lag while typing in the browser

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 12:20 AM
    Great OS so far. I just miss the font sizes from .90

Hopefully in a future update we will be able to choose between the two.
    02-12-09 12:38 AM
    I had the original OS .75 that came on my phone in December. Been waiting for the new update to come out. So I was very excited to see this!

DL'd it to my pc and opened the file, then rebooted pc.
    Opened DM, clicked on application loader, it showed the files for .103 that were available.
    After that went very easy. (Easier that I thought, from listening to some peeps here.) I didn't remove anything. With the DM I backed-up files, but as I was loading the .103, it said it was backing everything up. So me doing it was not necessary. Using DM 4.7.

Of course, it's a BIG improvement over the .75.

Browser DEFINETLY faster. Switches between programs, etc, much faster.

I LOVEEEEEEE .103!!!!
    02-12-09 01:00 AM
    K I've been testing Sith all Ver. and of course when i went into ver.2 it totally messed up my Storm but got it back to work, Ver. 3 from Seth is awsome but lots of lags on the keyboard when typing, not the real question is if i was to restore my storm with 103 than delete from my computer 103 than install sith's ver3 the latest one will it upgrade certain file only and keep some files from 103? hummm... can someone confirm this??? thanks!

Heck with this i'm going try this....
    Last edited by JNYBOY; 02-12-09 at 01:20 AM. Reason: going for it!
    02-12-09 01:14 AM
    one more thing is the go button still on the browser? sorry if i missed the answer to this but need to confirm?
    02-12-09 01:16 AM
    Mine does....
    02-12-09 01:20 AM
    Mine does....
    thanks...I'm going to use the 103 than upgrade to Sith ver3
    02-12-09 01:22 AM
    thanks...I'm going to use the 103 than upgrade to Sith ver3
    Keep us posted on the results.... GL!!
    02-12-09 01:26 AM
    Keep us posted on the results.... GL!!
    Most definately!
    02-12-09 01:29 AM
    can anybody give me a walkthrough and tell me how the heck do you install the os versions for my dam blackberry storm?? ive been waiting for the official os version from rim but quite frankly i can't wait!!!
    02-12-09 01:32 AM
    one more thing is the go button still on the browser? sorry if i missed the answer to this but need to confirm?
    Yes it is.
    02-12-09 01:33 AM
    Yes it is.
    Thanks so you rather use the 103 or SithV3?
    02-12-09 01:36 AM
    Just in case if you need previously released OS's and/or the new 103 when the current links break for download..you can head over to my page, I put them all up.

brettwyman.com

just click the blackberry link and they are all there. Hope this will help.
    02-12-09 01:45 AM
    can anybody give me a walkthrough and tell me how the heck do you install the os versions for my dam blackberry storm?? ive been waiting for the official os version from rim but quite frankly i can't wait!!!
    there's a a forum for this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/

Hope this helps...
    02-12-09 01:46 AM

Following the link will definitely be the easiest way to do it and pretty much the same thing I've posted below but...

This is how I tell everyone to do it (safest way IMO):

1. Open DM
    2. Connect your blackberry
    3. Back up your device.
    4. Download desired OS
    5. Install desired OS to your computer
    6. Make sure all of the possibilities of your computer rebooting or turning off are out of the way. That means make sure it won't go into sleep mode, run out of battery, etc. If it does you risk bricking. Also make sure you have no chance to unplug the USB cable.
    7. DM will have prompted you to upgrade. Just hit the next button and continue until you see "finish." Click Finish as well.
    8. This will start the process. Walk away from your computer and just let it do its thing. Watch TV or something for a bit. This should keep you from accidentally fraking something up.
    8. When the phone is done it will say something like congratulations. you are now finished.
    9. Unplug and do a battery pull. This isn't required but it definitely helps I've found.

A word of advice: Make sure all of your PIN numbers, zip codes, etc. are handy. I have StormLock (or ScreenLock...whichever is the pay one) and VyMail so every time I update I have to put in the Pin for each. Also, I have to reorganize AP News and put my zipcode in for it.

Hope that helps! Good Luck!

P.S. You're doing this at your own risk (as kevin says on the front page) I am not responsible if anything happens (though if you follow the steps nothing SHOULD happen).

If you brick your berry there are ways to fix it that are posted in these forums
    Last edited by CSSVT; 02-12-09 at 01:49 AM.
    02-12-09 01:47 AM
    Just in case if you need previously released OS's and/or the new 103 when the current links break for download..you can head over to my page, I put them all up.

brettwyman.com

just click the blackberry link and they are all there. Hope this will help.
    Very Sweet...Thanks but i have all ver. as well if you need any for seth let me know..
    02-12-09 01:52 AM
    Very Sweet...Thanks but i have all ver. as well if you need any for seth let me know..
    I feel stupid for saying this but this is the first time Im hearing about Siths OS. Ive just been reading about it now actually and thinking about trying it out.
    02-12-09 01:57 AM
    I finally got .103 to load.

I could not get it to be seen as an option on my "desktop" DM so I loaded the older DM 4.6 off the web onto my "Laptop" instead and it loaded from there without too much trouble. Both are Vista.

After the install, I did have an issue trying to restore my data. It said there was no room on the device memory and asked if I wanted to go to my 16 GB memory card. I said OK and then it said it did not have enough space there either? It has like 14 GB free. It did that both times I tried it.

So I unpluged the Storm from the USB, powered it off and ON (not a battery pull) . Then I did application install off the .103 for other stuff it did not get the first time, followed by app install from my .75 app backup (for stuff I had once loaded OTA) followed by my data restore from my data backup from .75 and that worked fine that time.

I do see what some were talking about on the Picture quality. It is not as good on the password enrty or the on screen buttons.

I can not tell that it is any faster than my .75 with the excelerator or starting apps or anything. Seems just as slow as ever.

Seems to have lost the browser somehow. So I have to work on that.

Things that work better:
    The lightsaber app plays sounds now.

The video camera actually works!!!! I recorded a 3:10 mm:ss video from my HDTV. First time that has ever been successful. That is a good sign. And I did not do the PAUSE MENU MENU I just paused and then renamed it and then played it out of Media.

Flycast now plays without hitting the volume buttons.

Playing the same YouTube video is better resolution, no ghosting, clearer. May have just been a poor connection on .75 but it is better this time on .103.

This was wierd:

My Home screen image source picture if displayed in the Media vieiwer looks right but if I set it as the home image again it stretches it to the edges, blowing it up were on .75 it left it alone and left the top and bottom empty. On .103 it stretches and fills it in.

Here is a .75 screen image, Has dark top and bottom and shows the whole image

Here is a .103 image, It is transparent top and bottom and seems to have zoomed the image. But it is the image right off my restore?

Here is the About page for .103

Here is the about for .75
    02-12-09 01:58 AM
    I feel stupid for saying this but this is the first time Im hearing about Siths OS. Ive just been reading about it now actually and thinking about trying it out.
    don't we all have to start some where... you should his ver. are awsome...try it in you don't like it return to the one you like best..
    02-12-09 01:59 AM
    I finally got .103 to load.

I could not get it to be seen as an option on my "desktop" DM so I loaded the older DM 4.6 off the web onto my "Laptop" instead and it loaded from there without too much trouble. Both are Vista.

After the install, I did have an issue trying to restore my data. It said there was no room on the device memory and asked if I wanted to go to my 16 GB memory card. I said OK and then it said it did not have enough space there either? It has like 14 GB free. It did that both times I tried it.

So I unpluged the Storm from the USB, powered it off and ON (not a battery pull) . Then I did application install off the .103 for other stuff it did not get the first time, followed by app install from my .75 app backup (for stuff I had once loaded OTA) followed by my data restore from my data backup from .75 and that worked fine that time.

I do see what some were talking about on the Picture quality. It is not as good on the password enrty or the on screen buttons.

I can not tell that it is any faster than my .75 with the excelerator or starting apps or anything. Seems just as slow as ever.

Seems to have lost the browser somehow. So I have to work on that.

Things that work better:
    The lightsaber app plays sounds now.

The video camera actually works!!!! I recorded a 3:10 mm:ss video from my HDTV. First time that has ever been successful. That is a good sign. And I did not do the PAUSE MENU MENU I just paused and then renamed it and then played it out of Media.

Flycast now plays without hitting the volume buttons.

Playing the same YouTube video is better resolution, no ghosting, clearer. May have just been a poor connection on .75 but it is better this time on .103.

This was wierd:

My Home screen image source picture if displayed in the Media vieiwer looks right but if I set it as the home image again it stretches it to the edges, blowing it up were on .75 it left it alone and left the top and bottom empty. On .103 it stretches and fills it in.

Here is a .75 screen image, Has dark top and bottom and shows the whole image

Here is a .103 image, It is transparent top and bottom and seems to have zoomed the image. But it is the image right off my restore?

Here is the About page for .103

Here is the about for .75
    Sweet.... have you tried both now? if so which one better? 103 or Sith v3?
    02-12-09 02:05 AM
    only tried .65 .75 .103 have not tried Sith v3.

So far .103 is better than .65 or .75 since the video is working now. but I have to get browser working still.

It says : "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries." I think I have seen that posted on here before. I just need to look for the solution, (I hope).

Not sure why it did not load with the rest of it. Everything else seems to be there and if I look in Update it shows that Browser is Clicked.

OK got that working: options>advanced options>host routing table>blackberry button>register now.

Can not tell that it is any faster anywhere. Loading Crackberry or ebay still takes forever.
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 02-12-09 at 02:17 AM.
    02-12-09 02:12 AM

So far .103 is better than .65 or .75 since the video is working now. but I have to get browser working still.

It says : "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries." I think I have seen that posted on here before. I just need to look for the solution, (I hope).

Not sure why it did not load with the rest of it. Everything else seems to be there and if I look in Update it shows that Browser is Clicked.
    I had same issue before also but when i had upgraded with v3(sith) in worked fine, saw a posted on this also but don't remember where i think is was on the sith forum...deam i wish i would of remember if i do i will hit you up with the link..
    02-12-09 02:16 AM

OK got that working: options>advanced options>host routing table>blackberry button>register now.

Can not tell that it is any faster anywhere. Loading Crackberry or ebay still takes forever.
    try browser Indentification: Firefox or BlackBerry... let me know usually it depends on the ver. your running lets say on 103 firefox awsome than on v3 the blackbery worked excellent!!
    02-12-09 02:27 AM
    Starting to wonder about this .103 version.

I notice I am getting lots of delays doing things. Like I have the picture ICONs up and press on to fill the screen and it just stat there doing the hourglass (spining hour hand thing).

Then Later I get a message window: "UI engine accessed without holding the event lock."

I also noticed that I have some custome sounds that I set up for the ringtones and the like with a long name, multiple words for the name of it. on .75 the custome names would wrap so I could read it on .103 they get truncated.
    02-12-09 02:37 AM
    Starting to wonder about this .103 version.

I notice I am getting lots of delays doing things. Like I have the picture ICONs up and press on to fill the screen and it just stat there doing the hourglass (spining hour hand thing).

Then Later I get a message window: "UI engine accessed without holding the event lock."

I also noticed that I have some custome sounds that I set up for the ringtones and the like with a long name, multiple words for the name of it. on .75 the custome names would wrap so I could read it on .103 they get truncated.
    try doing a battery pull with out your memory card, than install your memory card again.
    02-12-09 02:43 AM
338 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD