This is my first Leak update load....

I did the Wipe and get the 507 as expected.

I deleted the prior Device software from the control panel

I installed the 103.exe and it went fine.

I tried disconnecting from network and also killing the process BbDevMgr.exe and RIMDeviceManager.exe

I try to do the Apploader - Update and sees my Device and I pick it
    Then checks around and scans and stuff and then it just says:
    "No Software update is required for your device" ???

How can that be? There is nothing on the STORM how can it not need an update?

What am I missing?

Help please
    02-11-09 04:14 PM
    I just tried it again, network is connected now and it shows .65 and .75 but not .103 as choices.

What am I screwing up?
    02-11-09 04:18 PM
    This is my first Leak update load....

I did the Wipe and get the 507 as expected.

I deleted the prior Device software from the control panel

I installed the 103.exe and it went fine.

I tried disconnecting from network and also killing the process BbDevMgr.exe and RIMDeviceManager.exe

I try to do the Apploader - Update and sees my Device and I pick it
    Then checks around and scans and stuff and then it just says:
    "No Software update is required for your device" ???

How can that be? There is nothing on the STORM how can it not need an update?

What am I missing?

Help please
    This same thing happened to me on my Vista machine. I happen to have the XP machine setup for when Vista fails and the application loader found my device and this time gave me options. It seems that Vista is missing something.....if you only have Vista try to right click on bbdm icon and run as admin.
    02-11-09 04:22 PM
    I tried the run as admin thing and it gives me the same choises .65 .75
    Do I need to install .103 from a particular location or to a particular location?
    How is it not getting seen?
    02-11-09 04:25 PM
    And I was so happy with .99...oh well. DLing now, but not sure if I will jump the gun and install. Oh who am I trying to kid, upgrades are like crack to me, so I know what I will be doing while watching basketball.
    02-11-09 04:32 PM
    Does anybody think that .111 will leak sonner rather then later if at all now that .103 has been leaked?
    02-11-09 04:34 PM
    I'm going back to the Hybrid - .103 is running like sh *t for me on my phone. It is lagging and randomly freezes i've pulled the battery probably 10 times since i put it on earlier today. HUGE disappointment for me.
    02-11-09 04:39 PM
    Does anybody think that .111 will leak sonner rather then later if at all now that .103 has been leaked?
    I am not sure if any of us can answer that one. It's anyone's guess. This leaked OS fever only makes us more anxious for an official release and harder to just be patient. An official OS will come-we all just have got to have faith. But the leaked OSs do give us all something to do while we wait!!! some are bold and try all of the leaked OSs, others (include me) try to wait on the sidelines.
    02-11-09 04:41 PM
    Running .103 after a jl wipe and install. Very fast! Everything works perfectly, the only thing left is BT stereo with Video. I will report back after 1 day of heavy use. So far 56 meg free, all apps like Garmin Mobile and Visual voice mail working perfectly. In fact this is the fasted I have ever seen Garmin Mobile pick up the satellites! Lag is excellent and accelerometer is very responsive. Much better then 75. Music playback is perfect. Camera works perfectly, picture quality is amazing! I am very please with this release. 99 and 100 were total junk. This is a MUST upgrade.

Charlie C
    02-11-09 04:46 PM
    I purchased my Storm in Dec. I previously was using the 6800 WM6.1 , The one thing I did was use the switch device wizard when got the storm. I had so many problems after that, even with .75, .83, .85, .90, .99 and now .103. I fresh installed .103 and it's not lagging at all. I reloaded the device with switch device wizard just now and the device started having problems. I am back to clean install with .103 and the device is running great. I have AP News, Saber, Google Sync, Auto Lock, Storm Lock (for calls) and Soft Reset. The device has better response time than .99 ever did for me. My Application Memory is now 49.7 MB after soft reset.
    02-11-09 04:51 PM
    wow........... this thing is fast, when i say fast i mean fast easily, 39% faster then .99 in every single aspect of the phone, even unlocking, and it makes a big difference in the way i feel about the phone. i feel the accelerometer is bang on. sometimes the unlock button will not work when pressed, just like in .99 however i have found if you hold the button longer then .5 of a sec it will work every time.

Thank u RIM gods

P.S i have not tried .90
    02-11-09 05:03 PM
    I could never get .103 to be seen in update so I reloaded .75 as I need to go somewhere and use my phone.

I may try it again tonight.

I am on Vista. Any reason leaks do not show up on Vista?

What am I doing wrong. This is my first leak load attempt. Tried it 4 or 5 times never seem too see .103 just says it is up to date or shows .65 .75 as options.
    02-11-09 05:06 PM
    I could never get .103 to be seen in update so I reloaded .75 as I need to go somewhere and use my phone.

I may try it again tonight.

I am on Vista. Any reason leaks do not show up on Vista?

What am I doing wrong. This is my first leak load attempt. Tried it 4 or 5 times never seem too see .103 just says it is up to date or shows .65 .75 as options.
    I had problems with Vista since .90 before that it was business as usual.
    02-11-09 05:12 PM
    I'm downloading it now - not sure if I'm going to install yet, I'm pretty happy with 100 compared to other OSes
    02-11-09 05:13 PM
    all of you complaing this isnt .111 are so ungrateful!

.111 is just some version crucial_xtreme posted in that thread, as far as we know it could be some internal rim beta that will never be leaked because its so flawed.

so maybe we are lucky to have .103 and not .111
    02-11-09 05:15 PM
    Some folks are never happy, Cray.
    02-11-09 05:36 PM

.111 is just some version crucial_xtreme posted in that thread, as far as we know it could be some internal rim beta that will never be leaked because its so flawed.

so maybe we are lucky to have .103 and not .111
    Well put. I think we are all lucky to have anything new. I could be off my rocker but this might be it for me...i'm pleased with .103 finally a good OS on the Storm....now let me have my BT audio while watching Videos and......may I have my Standby button back in working condition?
    02-11-09 05:36 PM
    oh man, no...sometimes it is VERY hard to see, which is a good thing. But sometimes it is very noticeable. And I KNOW it is on both of yours too, it's impossible to not have the same features in the same OS version for multiple people's devices. Lol, that's like saying mine has a task switcher and yours doesn't. .
    You just proved the other side�s point. In .86 and .90 my app switcher (along with a lot of others) did not work all the time. I could hold down the BB button, or hit �Switch Application� from the menu, and no app switcher. Many Storm users had this problem, many didn�t. Different machines seem to handle the same OS in different ways.
    02-11-09 05:54 PM
    I'm new at all this and can't seem to get an OS to take. I've removed the vendor.xml file from the apploader folder and still stuck on version 75. Any help would be appreciated!
    02-11-09 05:56 PM
    I'm new at all this and can't seem to get an OS to take. I've removed the vendor.xml file from the apploader folder and still stuck on version 75. Any help would be appreciated!
    Can you be more specific to what problem you are having? Have you looked at http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/
    02-11-09 06:03 PM
    Just updated to .103. all I can say is that it is noticably faster .99. Its awesome!
    02-11-09 06:25 PM
    Just updated to .103! Its awesome!
    02-11-09 06:42 PM
    Can anybody post a direct link to .103 (the on that is in somebody signature doe sent work in opera)
    02-11-09 06:55 PM
    Been runnin .103 for a couple of hours. Its great
    02-11-09 06:56 PM
    darn it....I'm supposed to be sleeping since I work night shift...I guess I will be hanging at work tonight. Need to download and update my phone first!
    02-11-09 07:05 PM
338 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD