Running .103. Smooth install, upgraded over .99, no wipe, did not delete vendor .xml used DM with "auto check for updates deactivated". Camera works fine, do not see problem with colors
    02-11-09 02:46 PM
    Can you give me link to hybrid Thx
    Here are the 3 Hybrids from Sith.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/4-...thread-154905/
    02-11-09 02:47 PM
    running smoothly so far! installed it right after it was posted
    02-11-09 02:49 PM
    I have not found any problems yet.
    02-11-09 02:53 PM
    I have not found any problems yet.
    So you don't see the "color deapth" problem people are referring to?
    02-11-09 02:55 PM
    can someone explain the loss of color depth? like does anyone have screen shots of the old OS vs one of the new ones? I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about. Mine looks fine to me
    02-11-09 02:55 PM
    my color has looked the same since day 1
    02-11-09 02:56 PM
    One of the .99 threads showed it. It's there, on EVERYONE's....just look harder. Go look at how ridiculous the portrait QWERTY or the numbers in the phone app look (especially that qwerty tho). It's very noticeable on the system menus' black colors.
    02-11-09 02:56 PM
    hybrid or .103

come on people we need answers LOL , i personally love the hybrid , so let me know if it is worth going to .103
    thank you
    02-11-09 02:57 PM
    my color has looked the same since day 1
    omg lol...no it hasn't. The quality/depth of some colors was reduced in .99 and now in .103...this is consistent with everyone's install as it is built into the OS. Stop denying this, please.
    02-11-09 02:57 PM
    So you don't see the "color deapth" problem people are referring to?
    Up and running with .103 and no the color depth problem is no worse than .99 and on my phone that's barely noticeable anyway.
    02-11-09 02:59 PM
    Need help please; currently running hybrid .101a but would like to compare it to current rev.103. However, I am getting a message at installation that I have not had before and not sure what to do... "A later version of 'blackberry device software v4.7.0 for the blackberry 9530 smartphone' is already installed on this machine. The setup cannot continue." Thanks in advance for your time.
    02-11-09 02:59 PM
    Ahh I can't wait to install this, of course I can't do it until tomorrow night, but at least there will be some solid reviews by then

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 03:00 PM
    I have not noticed any change in the color depth either.
    02-11-09 03:01 PM
    omg lol...no it hasn't. The quality/depth of some colors was reduced in .99 and now in .103...this is consistent with everyone's install as it is built into the OS. Stop denying this, please.

i wasn't involved in whatever thread that you guys are talking about...
    MY device has not changed and that is what I am reporting in this findings thread.

Let's please not get into an argument over it.

My phone is fine yours is not. Duly noted.
    Last edited by neolantis; 02-11-09 at 03:03 PM.
    02-11-09 03:01 PM
    Oh man...tempted...but Sith's latest hybrid is working so well for me right now, I don't think I wanna risk it haha. Unless a lot of people post that this is the most amazing OS ever, makes me coffee in the morning, etc etc.
    02-11-09 03:03 PM
    hey, use what works!
    02-11-09 03:06 PM
    still no BT support for video. I did a complete wipe with JL/commander w/o restoring old file. I use google sync so not worried about that backup file. I noticed that when I go into the browser clicking the actual link is easier now. I have 52.6 MB of application memory after reload. The rest is just going to be a (test as I go) thing.
    02-11-09 03:09 PM
    I agree with Neo. I had no color quality/depth change with .99. Mine has always looked the same from the day I got it (launch day).
    02-11-09 03:15 PM
    Anyone want to host the file as a torrent? pretty please
    02-11-09 03:26 PM
    I agree with Neo. I had no color quality/depth change with .99. Mine has always looked the same from the day I got it (launch day).
    oh man, no...sometimes it is VERY hard to see, which is a good thing. But sometimes it is very noticeable. And I KNOW it is on both of yours too, it's impossible to not have the same features in the same OS version for multiple people's devices. Lol, that's like saying mine has a task switcher and yours doesn't. The color change is something they coded into these builds for testing whatever, and it does not change from one device to the next. Chances are, you guys who think you don't have that change have the different temperature screen with truer, richer colors in the first place and it's much harder to notice.

Again, go open up the portrait QWERTY and look at the !?123 key for example. You can see how the slight color change affects the black around the text and the way the whole key symbol looks. Blues and blacks are most noticeable in the change. Open your task switcher and look at the top of each icon in it. You can possibly see a few dim, whitish lines at the top of each because of the decrease in depth. If you still can't see it, it's there, but you must have the other Storm screen.

And on a side note, I have had two problems so far with .103. Testing a movie out, I started playing it and skipped forward in the movie, and the controls stopped responding completely. Couldn't stop or pause, bring up app switcher, or even hit End or Back to get out. Audio kept playing. I had to do a batt. pull.

Also, before when my phone rang, before I picked up, the screen was pure white until I hit the physical green pick up key. Graphics glitch...so goofy.
    Last edited by guts311; 02-11-09 at 03:41 PM.
    02-11-09 03:39 PM
    Installed and running, this is the first OS I have put on since the official .75 and this one is much better, I didn't know what I was missing out on. Much faster!

Couldn't be more pleased. Today plus theme and the .103 I am starting to like my Storm again.
    02-11-09 03:55 PM
    I just installed .99. I think I am gonna stick with it for now. So far I havent read anything in this thread that is enticing me to upgrade.
    02-11-09 03:56 PM
    Just upgraded from .99 (didn't go 100, because I wanted the portrait full keyboard). So far so good, but I'll let you know.

Before the initial battery pull, my media card index was incomplete, but now its back. I'll watch it to see if that issue is still in this build.

Initially, it appears the keyboard lag has been improved.
    02-11-09 04:01 PM
    uhh I just installed it and it looks to have completely wiped my storm.. all my settings/contacts/emails are gone.. I've been upgrading all along since .75 came out and never had this happen.. wtf?
    I had that happen when I went to .99...lost everything...luckily I had it backed up
    02-11-09 04:12 PM
338 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD