Ok, last night after imbibing in prob 1 too many Mike's, I developed a case of the "fumble fingers". I dropped my Storm 9530 several times within a few minutes. It cont'd to work until the final time at which time the screen went blank. I pulled the battery several times but it never rebooted itself. I finally tried plugging it into the charger and got the battery icon w/ a slash thru it. (No battery, not the battery charging Icon).
    Using my old Curve 8330 now. I love my Storm!!! OMG!!! Has anyone had this happen to them. Can it be fixed? Do I need a new battery or is my 9530 now toast????
    05-08-10 11:36 PM
    I feel like the batteries contacts got messed up.
    Because when you plugged into the wall and got the phone to show no battery it seems you can fix it with a new batt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 12:25 AM
    Ugh! Was hoping to hear something that didn't hit the wallet quite so hard! Lol
    I pulled the battery completely and reconnected to the wall-got the same "no battery icon" as with the battery in. Sounds like you're right!
    Thanks for replying!
    05-09-10 12:37 AM
    Could be the battery but could be wiring internal to the phone. I wouldn't buy a battery without knowing it will fix the problem. You might try taking it into a cell phone store and ask them if you can try a different battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 07:24 AM
    "No battery" means something broke loose. Hope you have insurance.
    05-09-10 09:27 AM
    Took it to Beyond Wireless today and tried a different battery, no such luck! Go figure...Happy Mothers Day!

Now I have to sit and wait to be eligible for insurance again. Stupid Asurion, I hope its from the date of the 1st claim and not the 2nd! I used to really love my Curve, until...I experienced my Storm.
    Thanks to all who helped out!!!
    05-10-10 01:43 AM
    Took it to Beyond Wireless today and tried a different battery, no such luck! Go figure...Happy Mothers Day!

Now I have to sit and wait to be eligible for insurance again. Stupid Asurion, I hope its from the date of the 1st claim and not the 2nd! I used to really love my Curve, until...I experienced my Storm.
    Thanks to all who helped out!!!
    05-10-10 01:44 AM
    Do what i did. i had that exact problem. go to a carpeted area in your house. Not too fluffy but not too hard, somewhere in between. ok, put the battery in and put the cover on. Now DROP the BB from about 3 feet or so, i did it about 2 feet, with the screen facing up. the door might fall off, but it will do something and restart normally. I didnt think it would work, but the weirdest of solutions are usually the best. Reply fast to let me know how it worked
    05-10-10 11:23 PM
    Do what i did. i had that exact problem. go to a carpeted area in your house. Not too fluffy but not too hard, somewhere in between. ok, put the battery in and put the cover on. Now DROP the BB from about 3 feet or so, i did it about 2 feet, with the screen facing up. the door might fall off, but it will do something and restart normally. I didnt think it would work, but the weirdest of solutions are usually the best. Reply fast to let me know how it worked
    r u serious or r u joking? i'm really desperate to fix my BB as it has been 2 months, im willing to try almost anything
    05-10-10 11:32 PM
    r u serious or r u joking? i'm really desperate to fix my BB as it has been 2 months, im willing to try almost anything
    Nope my good friend, im 100% serious. Look here if you dont believe me. http://forums.crackberry.com/f6/my-b...y-screen-3951/ one of the posters suggests it. I said the same thing and it worked.
    05-11-10 12:13 AM
    Do not EVER perform percussive maintenance on an electronic device!

Also, in the future, remember that BlackBerry phones are worth about half a grand, give or take, not the "cheap as free" price you got for signing a contract to pay a premium for a service you can't make maximum use of.
    05-11-10 12:41 PM
    then again, if the thing is dead, and you have no insurance and would have to pay for repair or replacement no matter what, might be worth trying the smack method. Don't think of it as percussive maintenance, how about mechanical defibrillation?

but before you really beat the crap out of it, if you take the battery out, you'll see four spring loaded gold pins that are supposed to contact the battery. Do they all look like they stick out the same amount, if you push them in, do they come back out?
    05-11-10 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD