I searched for a solution to this issue but nothing I found was able to fix it. Here is the video I made showing the problem:

tinyurl.com/2dxbx64

or

youtube.com/watch?v=xgpq6PsOCX0

Sorry, can't link yet.

If you notice, the same icons are always highlighted, and it seems like it's somehow stuck with the same spot being pressed. It doesn't respond to anything though, not when I press the screen in and not when I swipe. Obviously this is horribly inconvenient as I can't check my messages or use any of my apps. The screen still clicks in and out fine, so I don't believe it's a physical issue. Prior to this happening it wasn't exposed to moisture nor was it dropped. As far as I can tell, all the other phone functions work fine. I'm able to receive calls but can only dial to the number I called most recently. I had this issue once before and after roughly a full day, I pulled the phone out of my pocket at work one day and it was just fine. I have no idea what made it go away, but this time it has lasted longer.

What I've tied to fix the issue:
    • Turning On/Off
    • Battery pull
    • Connecting to PC
    • Updating OS
    • Restoring OS
    • Physically prying screen up
    • Cleaning screen surface
    • Blowing inside out with canned air

I apologize if I have overlooked a simple solution, but none of the above has worked so far. Any suggestions?
    06-11-10 09:24 AM
    It's hosed...you need to exchange it if you can.

My first Storm did something similar.....it is most certainly broken....it's a hardware issue.
    06-11-10 03:42 PM
    yeah..most probably hardware.. another question:

is it normal for the screen to be a bit looses? the screen of my BB moves like half a millimiter if i purposely do so. Please advice..thanks.
    06-14-10 03:33 AM
    Yes, it's supposed to be a bit loose.
    06-14-10 06:19 PM
    This just happened to me today. Last night it was working normally, and I left it on the charger over night. Then this morning I replaced the battery, and when the different battery charged up the screen was non-responsive. All buttons work normally, basically this makes the smart phone a dumb phone. What could have caused this? My guess is static, but people who own storms do battery pulls left and right and if that was a risk there'd be loads of people with this same problem, and I don't see that many posts here are about this.
    06-16-10 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD