I know this question has probably been asked before if it has keep your comments to yourself. Now back to the topic question I'm on my 4th Blackberry Storm I'm being honest. The problem I'm having with this phone it drops calls, text messageing is delayed to where it won't send at all or the person on the receiving end will not get it. I tried soft reset (battery pull), hard reset by the technician at the local verizon store. They keep blameing the towers or the network and once I call in to the customer service 800 number they tell me its the phone? This was happening to the last three also

What can I do? All the people I spoke with blame the towers/network or the phone
    02-21-09 08:17 PM
    where are you located?

also, the delayed messages - are they to/from other VZW, or other carriers?

and while this topic may have been asked a bunch of times, it definitely is on a case-by-case basis because there are different factors that come into play.

edit: this is in the wrong forum. This forum is for OS beta releases, not service troubleshooting issues.
    02-21-09 08:21 PM
    I'm visting here in Wilmington/Writesville Beach North Carolina, As far as the delayed messages it goes to my cousin that has Verizon and my sister that has Nextel and they both claim they get another messages from their other friends that have both Verizon & Nextel
    02-21-09 08:24 PM
    update *228 maybe? option #2
    02-21-09 08:25 PM
    I tried that as well still gives these problem's I'm having with the phone
    02-21-09 08:27 PM
    What happens when you send a text to yourself?
    02-21-09 08:27 PM
    it's severly delayed what I mean by that I won't get it until the next day or maybe never at all
    02-21-09 08:28 PM
    4 phones... sounds like the problem I had with a phone years ago. I have learned to hold on to my original as long as possible because once they replace your device with a "new one" it seems each replacement has some weird problem. VZW replaces your new unit with refurbs. After 3 (again, this was years ago) they allowed me to pick a different type of phone and/or the option of replacing with a non-refurb (new unit).
    02-21-09 08:31 PM
    First, try calling *228 then dial in option 1.
    Second go to options-> advanced options-> host routing table -> register now.
    02-21-09 08:32 PM
    4 phones... sounds like the problem I had with a phone years ago. I have learned to hold on to my original as long as possible because once they replace your device with a "new one" it seems each replacement has some weird problem. VZW replaces your new unit with refurbs. After 3 (again, this was years ago) they allowed me to pick a different type of phone and/or the option of replacing with a non-refurb (new unit).
    When I spoke with the last Verizon Wireless service agent he told me the only way I will get a black storm if it was a reburbish phone that has been serviced by the blackberry technicians.

Seems like there is still bugs in these blackberry storms, I spoke with the Assistant store manager she claims it might be the phone more than the towers because she had me dial #228 then choose option 2 but that didn't help what's so ever
    02-21-09 08:38 PM
    How long have you had the phone(s)? I had the delayed text problem months ago but I was still using my Treo 700p. After a week or so I no longer had the problem. It would delay no matter which carrier I would text, but I had a lot longer delay (up to a day) texting friends with Alltel. I say if you haven't had the phone but a week or so, or you are out of your normal area to wait until you return. You dont happen to be on extended network or roaming?
    02-21-09 08:48 PM
    I agree with Marketing about the refurb issue. You have to beat on Verizon to give you a new phone, otherwise you are just getting other peoples castoffs. Keep sending them back until they give you a new one. It is known that the first production batch of phones was seriously defective (hardware) and unless you have a phone that was built this calendar year, you risk having a phone that is fundamentally defective.

Then there is the issue with BIS. It sounds like you are on BIS and it can frequently take 15 to 20 minutes to forward messages.

I have to ask what version of the OS you are using. While I don't think that is the cause of your problem, having a pad OS doesn't help. Do you have any of the other typical OS problems? 73
    02-21-09 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD