1. rgm1266's Avatar
    I recently had an Iphone and was disappointed in it for many reasons. So I sold it and went back to my BB 8300. I'm currently looking to purchase the BB 9530.

    Should I stay with my BB 8300 or upgrade to the 9530?

    Thanks.....
    09-08-09 08:12 AM
  2. pkcable's Avatar
    It's OK to get a 9530 now as the problems have most disappeared and the software is finally up to snuff. HOWEVER a newer Storm is on the horizon, the 9550 which has a better screen technology, more memory AND (drum roll please....) WIFI! It's only a month or two away. I suggest you hang on to the 8300 and wait for the Storm 2. There is ALSO going to be a GSM model the 9520 so you MIGHT be able to get that and use it on ATT. It's not certain yet if ATT will offer it, BUT an unlocked one will work on their network.
    09-08-09 08:37 AM
  3. rgm1266's Avatar
    Thanks for the info. VZ is offering the 9530 for $49.99. That's a good deal. I've read many reviews on the 9530. It seems the SW updates have corrected alot of the earlier problems.

    Do you have an idea how much the Storm 2 will cost? Also, if I get the 9530 and the Storm 2 comes out within 30 days of trial period, I can swap it out and get the Storm 2.

    Thanks
    09-08-09 09:10 AM
  4. pkcable's Avatar
    Pricing for the Storm 2 is not set, but my guess would be that with promotional pricing it would be in 150-250 range. Yea that 49 dollar deal is pretty sweet.
    09-08-09 09:15 AM
  5. minnak04's Avatar
    I just went from an 8300 to the 9530 this weekend. I am loving it!
    09-08-09 09:16 AM
  6. rgm1266's Avatar
    Minnak04,

    What OS was loaded on the 9530 when you purchased it? If not the current OS, have you upgraded the OS? Any issues?
    09-08-09 09:38 AM
  7. NIKSTORM's Avatar
    I do not know what your money situation is, but I would wait for the S2... I love my s1, but the S2 looks great .

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD