This is the third time I've run into the endless reboot cycle (BB Storm 9530), and so I thought I would be able to recover my device again using the conventional methods...

I've looked at and tried the 101 on reloading the OS on a nuked berry, and also have tried to command prompt method.

The problem began after my Storm slid off my couch and hit the hard floor (ugh...) My device is currently under warranty and so I could get it replaced for 50 bucks... but that is why I am trying to fix it myself first.

Basically it goes through the reboot cycle, it first shows a black screen with the red LED, then shows a black screen with the "spinning square" for about 10 seconds then goes back to the red LED.

I've reinstalled the latest OS and Desktop Manager, and both recognize the device when it's connected, but only until it starts rebooting and then connection issues arise.

I have been trying app loader, but I can't get passed "Wait for Device Initialization" and "reconnecting to JVM", because at that point, my Storm begins to reboot and it drops the connection.

Is this a hardware problem? If that is the case, then I'll have to have it replaced, but if it's OS I figure there's some hope still.

Thanks to anyone who sees this with best regards!
    08-22-10 02:11 PM
    Keep trying the 101 nuked berry procedures, it is tricky to get it to connect at the right time. Also, you may want to remove the battery, disconnect the cable and put them back when you are ready to connect to the app loader, again, the timing is very tricky.

Something similar happened to mine a couple of months ago: red light, spinning square, a white screen with some errors, and reboot. I thought that the phone was a gonner, but I managed to reload the OS and everything is fine.
    08-22-10 03:26 PM
    Keep trying the 101 nuked berry procedures, it is tricky to get it to connect at the right time. Also, you may want to remove the battery, disconnect the cable and put them back when you are ready to connect to the app loader, again, the timing is very tricky.

Something similar happened to mine a couple of months ago: red light, spinning square, a white screen with some errors, and reboot. I thought that the phone was a gonner, but I managed to reload the OS and everything is fine.
    Thanks for the reply. I really don't want to go through the replacement process again.

I'm going to keep trying things while searching the web. I've been trying to wipe the old OS, but the device never stays connected long enough for anything to work.
    08-22-10 03:29 PM
    Have you tried to use BBSAK instead of DM to wipe and load the OS? I have always had a better time using that program. (can be downloaded at rimgeeks.com)

Give that a shot, should connect and allow everything to work.

sometimes you have to chose the "kill process" button a few times.
    08-22-10 03:34 PM
    Have you tried to use BBSAK instead of DM to wipe and load the OS? I have always had a better time using that program. (can be downloaded at rimgeeks.com)

Give that a shot, should connect and allow everything to work.

sometimes you have to chose the "kill process" button a few times.
    I will give that a try now, thanks!
    08-22-10 03:40 PM
    Nope, no dice. The loader and DM both recognize the device... the PIN even shows up but neither BBSAK nor JL_C recognizes my device. The BB just keeps booting over and over and over again, only to stop for the loader until it tries to "initialize" where it has to "reconnect to JVM".

GAH!
    08-22-10 03:54 PM
    My phone is doing the same thing. Try plugging the phone into a charger and doing a battery pull. For some reason my phone is tricking itself into thinking it has a dead battery which is why it keeps rebooting constantly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 04:31 PM
    just out of curiosity, what OS are you running and do you have it connected to a PC, if so what OS is on the PC?? Unless the new DM6 has fixed the issue with the official .328 you will be in a constant reboot cycle if your pc is runing Win7. Im not sure if DM6 fixed the issue since I only ran the official .328 for probably only one day.
    08-23-10 09:39 AM
    Had a similar problem. What actually worked was opening desktop manager and downgrading to the 4.7.148 Os. For some reason it kept losing connection with all the other Os's but worked perfectly with the downgrade. Not sure which desktop manager you have but it usually gives you the option to download recommended software (5.0.328) or downgrade to older software. Give it a try and let us know.
    08-23-10 12:58 PM
    I had the same problem and been working on it since yesterday night.

I tried the steps you tried and the above post as well with no success like you either. UNTIL !!!!!

I went to blackberry site update and used the check for updates method. Soon as it sees the device I hit next and it works !! YAY !!!

BlackBerry - Update your Device Software

Hope it works for you too.

P.S. I was runnin on Lyr's version of 5.0.0.797 with no 6.0 files. It locked up after I was on a call for hour and a half.

P.S.S. I can scroll but it won't select now.. but at least I"ll keep reflashing it
    09-09-10 01:58 PM
    had the same issue for some time now, tried everything i found online even thought it was the cable. But it turns out that it was related to my computer. I reformatted my computer and now it works fine
    09-10-10 12:32 AM
    I can't get past the Reconnecting to JVM screen no matter what I try. Any help or suggestions? Ive tried everything else?
    11-15-10 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD