Sigh the whole night and till this afternoon i lost EV so i never received any of my Data ****... this radio blows
    06-29-10 03:33 PM
    Yesterday I averaged 1.4% battery drain per hour with no phone calls but a significant number of emails (30-40) and one Skype IM thread. My memory increased 400Kb during the 7 hours I was running this OS.

I turned the phone on this morning and memory and battery were in the same state as when I turned it off last night (90% and 30.0Mb).

After using the phone today for about 45 minutes of calls and 50 incoming emails, I am at 70% and 30.9Mb. So, the battery drain went up to 4% per hour but that is with some long phone calls and the memory improved almost a full Mb. My signal is solid at 1XEV and 5 bars. This is the same or slightly better signal than 591.
    06-29-10 03:49 PM
    Sigh the whole night and till this afternoon i lost EV so i never received any of my Data ****... this radio blows
    Did you *228 it after the update? No data and a rapidly dying battery sounds like the phone is trying to talk to a tower 10 miles away...
    06-29-10 04:03 PM
    Sometimes the phone connects but no sound either way, in or out, regardless of earpiece, speaker, or headset. Not even the key button sounds, needing a battery pull.
    I have the same problem....almost threw my storm out the car window today!!
    Anybody else having this issue?
    06-29-10 05:48 PM
    where is the BB Beta Zone?
    06-29-10 05:57 PM
    where is the BB Beta Zone?
    www.blackberry.com/beta
    06-29-10 06:18 PM
    Not sure. I had one incoming call today and when I answered there was no one on the other end. I tried hitting the speaker button and then handset button but nothing. The person called back and I was able to answer with no problem. Not sure if that was a fluke or a real problem. I didn't need to reboot and the phone functioned normally after that.
    06-29-10 06:42 PM
    can someone help me i cant seem to upload the leak OS on to my phone. I ve had no problems before so can someone help?
    06-29-10 07:41 PM
    Is anybody else bummed that opera is still actin wacky? I had hoped that it would work right again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 08:10 PM
    Alright I am going back to .419 or a .591 hybrid. So far I have had multiple times where I get an incoming call and have to hit the speaker button to be able to talk to them. That is a deal breaker for me. Plus the extra memory lost from the initial install does not add any extra benefit.

Battery life does seem to be better than .591 and memory stability is pretty good but in my opinion, no better or worse than .419 or .591.
    06-29-10 09:41 PM
    Did you *228 it after the update? No data and a rapidly dying battery sounds like the phone is trying to talk to a tower 10 miles away...
    Well I had 1XEV for a while but then it drops.. And yeah I did my *22803 for telus. Like even before that I was able to do anything just over night it dropped and wouldn't recover from it.

06-29-10 09:53 PM
    Yes I got this for the first time today. I was like WTF??? Finally battery pulled and it fixed it... for now... This is a VERY BAD BUG, considering... you can't replicate it on demand, it's random.
    06-29-10 10:16 PM
    Sometimes the phone connects but no sound either way, in or out, regardless of earpiece, speaker, or headset. Not even the key button sounds, needing a battery pull.
    That happened to me twice, but it was right after installing Opera. Did a battery pull, because Opera went nut house on me, and since that Pull I have been fine.
    06-29-10 10:36 PM
    Is anybody else bummed that opera is still actin wacky? I had hoped that it would work right again.

Only problem I have in Opera is that the screen doesn't always fill back in when the Virt Keyboard hides. That is a known Opera bug. Nothing to do with the OS.
    06-29-10 10:38 PM
    FYI, the PRL doesn't get wiped with an OS load, so *228 after an OS upgrade or downgrade doesn't do anything positive or negative. Write that down...
    06-29-10 10:49 PM
    I didn't remember having the keyboard bug in Opera when on .419. Actually I think that is one of the reasons I switched back to .419 from .591, but can't remember. I decided to give Lyricidal's .748 hybrid a go that installs over .591. I had way too many incoming call problems with this OS.
    Last edited by Thanontos; 06-29-10 at 10:54 PM.
    06-29-10 10:51 PM
    I have 19 hours of running time on this OS and battery charge. That doesn't count off time over night. I have 65% left on the battery and the memory is 300Kb higher than after my initial reboots.
    06-29-10 11:32 PM
    my review after 14hrs of use. sorry........this might be all over the place. its almost 2am here and i'm fighting the urge to get acquainted with my pillow. this is how much i love crackberry!

anyway, here we go:

my battery drain looks "normal" so far. my battery won't last me a full day cuz i have a bunch of apps running in the background all the time that require data usage (ex. twitter, msn, gtalk, bbm, nfp etc...).

my radio is perfectly fine. have had no issues with loss of signal or having less signal in any of the places that i went to today than normal.

the bbm group chat bug is still there. its very annoying but the good news is that this OS doesn't seem to freeze as much as .591 did.

my memory starts at 12mb and will drop to about 5mb after a full day. again, its cuz i have a ton of apps on my phone. i think its over 50 apps now.....if not, its really close to it.

i prefer to use .419 since that OS ran REALLY well for me but for some reason, i got the sms issue where all my msgs would come from one contact in my phonebook eventho it was from someone completely different. i had to delete every msg i got in order for me to know who would send me the next msg. it got annoying so i decided to upgrade to .591. this OS cured the sms issue but gave me the bbm chat issue. i was hoping that .685 would fix that but i guess i was wrong.....

the camera issue stated earlier in this thread is present but i don't consider that an issue. i use the side button and it works the same as always. i just more real estate on my screen now.

i did notice that sound on everything is louder. it doesn't matter if its an mp3 or video or even a ringtone.....everything is like 2 levels of volume louder. i had to go into all my settings and reduce all the alerts two levels. ie. ringtone would be set at volume level 7 but i had to reduce it to 5.

i guess this is a good thing but the sound gets all distorted cuz its TOO loud now.

the opera mini glitch is still present but as it was mentioned earlier, it is something with opera and not the os.

when i first put the os on, i wasn't able to check my voicemail. the keypad couldn't be recognized. i could bring it up but everytime i typed in the password, nothing would work. a battery pull has fixed that and i think it was just a fluke as i can't seem to duplicate the problem at all.

i've also had the incoming call issue where someone would call and after u answer, u can't hear anything at all. i didn't do a battery pull or anything. once that person called back, everything was working fine. i've placed and received about 10 calls since the first one and i've had no issues. so again, i think that was just a fluke as well.

other than that, it looks like everything is just as good as .591.

i'd recommend upgrading to .685 from .591. the fact that the camera shows more of the picture ur gonna take and the volume increases throughout, make it worth it.

if ur one of the lucky ones that have .419 running flawlessly, then i suggest u keep what u have.

ps. off topic but i think adding a different language and keyboard is behind the sms issue in .419. if anyone had this issue before, can u lemme know if u had a different language other than english and a different keyboard added. i had the korean keyboard on .419 but dunno if i added that before or after the sms issue....
    06-30-10 01:14 AM
    Not sure. I had one incoming call today and when I answered there was no one on the other end. I tried hitting the speaker button and then handset button but nothing. The person called back and I was able to answer with no problem. Not sure if that was a fluke or a real problem. I didn't need to reboot and the phone functioned normally after that.
    This has happened to me more than once these past two days. I had to restart the phone at least 6 times in one instance for the speaker and microphone to start working again. ONE of the WORST bugs of this build, going back to .591 because of this.
    06-30-10 01:16 AM
    my review after 14hrs of use. sorry........this might be all over the place. its almost 2am here and i'm fighting the urge to get acquainted with my pillow. this is how much i love crackberry!

anyway, here we go:

my battery drain looks "normal" so far. my battery won't last me a full day cuz i have a bunch of apps running in the background all the time that require data usage (ex. twitter, msn, gtalk, bbm, nfp etc...).

my radio is perfectly fine. have had no issues with loss of signal or having less signal in any of the places that i went to today than normal.

the bbm group chat bug is still there. its very annoying but the good news is that this OS doesn't seem to freeze as much as .591 did.

my memory starts at 12mb and will drop to about 5mb after a full day. again, its cuz i have a ton of apps on my phone. i think its over 50 apps now.....if not, its really close to it.

i prefer to use .419 since that OS ran REALLY well for me but for some reason, i got the sms issue where all my msgs would come from one contact in my phonebook eventho it was from someone completely different. i had to delete every msg i got in order for me to know who would send me the next msg. it got annoying so i decided to upgrade to .591. this OS cured the sms issue but gave me the bbm chat issue. i was hoping that .685 would fix that but i guess i was wrong.....

the camera issue stated earlier in this thread is present but i don't consider that an issue. i use the side button and it works the same as always. i just more real estate on my screen now.

i did notice that sound on everything is louder. it doesn't matter if its an mp3 or video or even a ringtone.....everything is like 2 levels of volume louder. i had to go into all my settings and reduce all the alerts two levels. ie. ringtone would be set at volume level 7 but i had to reduce it to 5.

i guess this is a good thing but the sound gets all distorted cuz its TOO loud now.

the opera mini glitch is still present but as it was mentioned earlier, it is something with opera and not the os.

when i first put the os on, i wasn't able to check my voicemail. the keypad couldn't be recognized. i could bring it up but everytime i typed in the password, nothing would work. a battery pull has fixed that and i think it was just a fluke as i can't seem to duplicate the problem at all.

i've also had the incoming call issue where someone would call and after u answer, u can't hear anything at all. i didn't do a battery pull or anything. once that person called back, everything was working fine. i've placed and received about 10 calls since the first one and i've had no issues. so again, i think that was just a fluke as well.

other than that, it looks like everything is just as good as .591.

i'd recommend upgrading to .685 from .591. the fact that the camera shows more of the picture ur gonna take and the volume increases throughout, make it worth it.

if ur one of the lucky ones that have .419 running flawlessly, then i suggest u keep what u have.

ps. off topic but i think adding a different language and keyboard is behind the sms issue in .419. if anyone had this issue before, can u lemme know if u had a different language other than english and a different keyboard added. i had the korean keyboard on .419 but dunno if i added that before or after the sms issue....
    i knew i wasnt the only one that noticed everything was louder on the phone. I thought something had happened on it to make it so loud. I thank you for your assessment though because some of those issues happend with me, only the camera and loud really though. Memory is pretty stable but im also running ooak's hybrid on it.
    06-30-10 04:29 AM
    FYI, the PRL doesn't get wiped with an OS load, so *228 after an OS upgrade or downgrade doesn't do anything positive or negative. Write that down...
    I will go ahead and disagree with you there. I have found that on some OS loads the signal is just weak and battery suffers until top due a *228 then pull the battery for at least a min.

While it may be placebo affects and I have no scientific backing here I have noticed the same results with more than a few OS loads. Also I have recommended doing this to a few users who have complained of bad signal on a new OS and have been told that it helped them a lot. Maybe it has to do with the long pull of the battery and letting all the power drain or something IDK.

06-30-10 06:30 AM
    I didn't remember having the keyboard bug in Opera when on .419. Actually I think that is one of the reasons I switched back to .419 from .591, but can't remember. I decided to give Lyricidal's .748 hybrid a go that installs over .591. I had way too many incoming call problems with this OS.
    Yeah its all over Poera's boards from S1 and S2 owners. Doesn't happen everytime but it happens enough. You just have to change orientation and your okay.

The incoming call big is concerning me. I am liking .685 and would hate go back. Luckily I don't get many calls. Maybe we just need keep trolling the Chinese boards for the .743 OS that belongs to the emulator Lyricidal posted.

06-30-10 06:42 AM
    That happened to me over and over, Went back to .591/748. now my device works like it should. The phone and camera actually work. Imagine That!!!
    06-30-10 09:05 AM
    Yeah its all over Poera's boards from S1 and S2 owners. Doesn't happen everytime but it happens enough. You just have to change orientation and your okay.

The incoming call big is concerning me. I am liking .685 and would hate go back. Luckily I don't get many calls. Maybe we just need keep trolling the Chinese boards for the .743 OS that belongs to the emulator Lyricidal posted.

I loaded this OS with Lyridical's .748 hybrid over it and have not had any of the problems listed with calls, camera, etc.. I would highly recommend this OS with the hybrid. No Opera Mini keyboard issues either.
    06-30-10 09:10 AM
    I loaded this OS with Lyridical's .748 hybrid over it and have not had any of the problems listed with calls, camera, etc.. I would highly recommend this OS with the hybrid. No Opera Mini keyboard issues either.
    Did you have to do anything special or just load the OS then the hybrid ontop like normal?
    06-30-10 09:26 AM
243 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD