Battery is draining at 1.9% per hour and memory is actually 0.4Mb higher than when I rebooted. No phone calls but 30 emails and a skype conversation. This seems consistent with what I was getting on 591.
    06-28-10 10:07 PM
    Make sure that you right click on the apploader icon and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR...this used to work for me when I had VISTA.....

Hope this works!!!
    worked like a charm! thanks for the help!
    06-28-10 10:47 PM
    Good enough for a leak.
    Reboot is faster than the last os version,
    I don't get as much lack as i use too when opening app or running them.
    Camera doesn't work for mine it froze everytime i tried to take a picture.
    A very nice boost on BB browser way faster then before.
    06-28-10 11:19 PM
    Okay So i found another issue.. not sure if other people are having an issue, but I'm having bad battery... like i do a couple things on the phone for like a hr or even on standby it drops quickly. i will see how fast it drops later
    06-29-10 02:32 AM
    Okay So i found another issue.. not sure if other people are having an issue, but I'm having bad battery... like i do a couple things on the phone for like a hr or even on standby it drops quickly. i will see how fast it drops later
    So far I am seeing better battery than .591. Yesterday I made several calls, numerous e-mails and about 2 hours surfing opera. This morning I still had 46% left. Charging ut up and will see how the day goes.
    06-29-10 04:41 AM
    Hey guys what's up, its been awhile (look at you 9530) getting all these craz leaks, right on.
    Well first of all this leak aint so bad as reported from users, camera I actually like it Yes it doesn't have the button functions (visible) its still there you can take pics on screen just like before,
    the cool thing about being visible is now the screen has a bigger picture view and now instead of just using side key to zoom in N out, you can slide your finger on screen to zoom in slide down to zoom out. Slide up That's awesome !
    I have not had any issues with camera works great.
    Signal did have some drops fixed that with some programming, sending books, registering, turning of phone then taking out battery for 5min everything back to normal.
    Everything else is just great, battery and mem are like .591
    I give it an A not A+ cuas of lower memory but that's cool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 08:30 AM
    the cool thing about being visible is now the screen has a bigger picture view and now instead of just using side key to zoom in N out, you can slide your finger on screen to zoom in slide down to zoom out. Slide up That's awesome !
    I have not had any issues with camera works great.
    The slide up/down to zoom has been there in every 5.0 release (maybe even late 4.7) but I agree that the onscreen button is really better off invisible because it just blocks the picture (i honestly cant believe anyone would miss it, the two-step side button feels perfect for taking pictures). I still havent tried this leak since battery life and stability have been fantastic with .328 but I might give it a try if I get bored.
    06-29-10 09:04 AM
    I have uploaded OS .685 and OAKS .743 and my camera is fine however my video recording will not save videos... what the FFFF
    I am running this OS with Lyridical's .748 installed on top of it and I am not having the camera or video camera issues that others are. Might want to try the hybrid and see if it works fro you as well.
    Last edited by jmr7192; 06-29-10 at 09:14 AM.
    06-29-10 09:10 AM
    The one thing ive noticed is when the phone is locked you cant increase the volume or change songs using the volume keys
    06-29-10 09:13 AM
    So after .591 crap I read the 8 pages and then decided, what the ****, I upgrade anyway.
    Upgraded over the top of .419/748 hybrid, so you know. Used the link to get the replacement cod of the camera fix and SOAS (hybrid tools actually) So my initial findings (30 minutes of use):

Boot time is slower then before.
    Memory down from 35.6 to 33.5 (assuming that's the "new" 2 MBs mentioned earlier)
    !!! Media folder is now located in the applications folder!!! Don't know how to fix that one.

keyboard at least as good as 419/748 hybrid. works in bbm, etc..
    touch and keyboard are very responsive.
    browser with crackberry mobile, loads at least as fast as before.
    Camera and video work, took several pic's and a video. show and play back without issue (remember I used the replacement cod).
    The phone is very responsive and for the last 30 minutes, no spinning clocks.
    Apps work: quicklaunch, facebook, bbm, pinball deluxe, solitaire, video poker, stormslots, fierce towers,

So does anyone know how to fix the media folder being inside the applications folder. This is actually something I would like to be able to do (verizon folder with their junk in it), but just not the media folder.
    My media folder is not in the applications folder.

But can't you just move the icon to a different folder? Seems odd that it would be trapped in applications
    06-29-10 09:14 AM
    The slide up/down to zoom has been there in every 5.0 release (maybe even late 4.7) but I agree that the onscreen button is really better off invisible because it just blocks the picture (i honestly cant believe anyone would miss it, the two-step side button feels perfect for taking pictures). I still havent tried this leak since battery life and stability have been fantastic with .328 but I might give it a try if I get bored.
    I say give it a try, I seems to be ok so far, since I have updated *228 the radio has been great, the battery life I cant say yet, as I have only had one day...
    06-29-10 09:17 AM
    I am not having the camera problem everyone is reporting. I haven't done any .cod swaps or anything. I have a feeling it is conflicting with a third-party application. I don't use any shortcut apps like quick launch or memory/battery management apps. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

also, who cares that the icons aren't at the bottom of the view finder screen? Did anyone acutally use that information anyway? i mean, it'd be different if you could toggle flash settings or quality settings from that info bar, but you can't. So, again, what's the loss?

Also, slide to zoom has been possible since the beginning. .65 had it.

Everything else on here is pretty normal. I have my doubts as to whether the radio is as strong as .591, but we'll see. I still get decent data signal in my work lunch room, which is better than I could say with .419. The true test will be Sunday when I have a chance to test it out in my church basement. .591 was the only OS that was able to get a decent signal down there.
    06-29-10 09:27 AM
    That's just wonderful missing that piece of info for camera functions, you can tell I really didn't use the camera on this smartphone.
    Yeah right it would be better having the bar invisible, but so there's still the option to use the camera button on screen to take a pic.
    If you get bored I'd say go for it take a shot on the new leak, I personally never liked .328 only liked battery.

06-29-10 10:53 AM
    Sometimes the phone connects but no sound either way, in or out, regardless of earpiece, speaker, or headset. Not even the key button sounds, needing a battery pull.
    06-29-10 11:02 AM
    Are the individual message counts included in the mail icons like they were in 419?
    06-29-10 11:14 AM
    The audio buttons don't work when the phone is locked.
    06-29-10 11:27 AM
    My media folder is not in the applications folder.

But can't you just move the icon to a different folder? Seems odd that it would be trapped in applications
    Can't move media folder to another folder. Can't delete it. It's just stuck.
    06-29-10 11:48 AM
    The media folder is something screwy.....security wipe and if that doesn't fix it then wipe and reinstall.

Other than camera having no GUI, it works fine still, the main difference I have noticed over .419 and .591 is a huge improvement in scrolling through thumbnail pictures. I have a ton of pictures so that is really nice.

06-29-10 11:53 AM
    Can't move media folder to another folder. Can't delete it. It's just stuck.
    Okay. Here's my thoughts on that.

My media folder is on my homescreen where it always is. I tried to move it to another folder, and I could not. I can move it, but I can't move to another folder because there isn't the option there. I'm assuming that's the problem you're running into. and it actually makes sense.

You know, technically, the Media folder is a folder. and bb so far doesn't support subfolders. The reason we were able to get away with it with the media folder is because at one point in the earlier storm OSs the media folder wasn't actually an application and not a folder at all. So you were able to put it anywhere you wanted. Now, the OS recognizes it as a folder and won't give the "move to folder" option as one of the menu items.

I would suggest adding a new folder to your home screen, choosing a folder with a fancy icon on it or something. You can name the folder Media Apps or My Media or BB Media or something like that. Then go into your original media folder and move the individual media modules into the new media folder you created. You can then just hide the existing media folder, as it is redundant and useless after you make that change.

I know that may sound a little confusing, but I hope it helps.

Let us know how it works out.

Edit: Actually, once a folder is empty, you should be able to delete it.
    Last edited by bobaloo; 06-29-10 at 01:12 PM.
    06-29-10 01:09 PM
    Does this version have the bbm group keyboard bug that the last build had? If this has already been mentioned sorry I must have missed it, autopager seems to sometimes skip around when scrolling.
    06-29-10 01:17 PM
    downloaded last night,,but didnt install it yet - -*
    06-29-10 01:20 PM
    Does this version have the bbm group keyboard bug that the last build had? If this has already been mentioned sorry I must have missed it, autopager seems to sometimes skip around when scrolling.
    I'm going to guess that it does. I think they changed something ( on purpose) in the OS that was fixed with a BBM update.

If you join the BB beta zone, you can be a part of the beta testing for BBM, which is now in open beta. The newer beta versions do not have the keyboard bug.
    06-29-10 01:26 PM
    I'm going to guess that it does. I think they changed something ( on purpose) in the OS that was fixed with a BBM update.

If you join the BB beta zone, you can be a part of the beta testing for BBM, which is now in open beta. The newer beta versions do not have the keyboard bug.
    Awesome to hear, just downloaded it -- thanks!
    06-29-10 02:06 PM
    Aren't we pretty much just putting lipstick on a pig at this point?

lmfao!
    (that was funny,AND true)
    06-29-10 02:24 PM
    OKay so i charged up my battery to the max for the night and then unplugged it before going to bed, slept for 12 hrs and its at 30%. i dont know if this is the OS OR my new app ill uninstall my app tonight and see how things go for battery.. BTW The radio Sucks.. it cant hold 1XEV like the other os at my house.
    06-29-10 03:22 PM
243 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD