Hey lyr are you planning on creating a hybrid?
    06-27-10 10:09 PM
    Hey lyr are you planning on creating a hybrid?
    Does a bear **** in the woods?
    06-27-10 10:15 PM
    Does a bear **** in the woods?
    LOL everything that lives in the woods ***** in the woods, if it needs to
    06-27-10 10:18 PM
    I am currently running 685 with OOAK 743 hybrid, but I replaced the camera COD with the 748 camera COD and both the camera and video work with the flash.
    06-27-10 11:33 PM
    subscribed!
    06-28-10 12:12 AM
    The Chinese are smart enough to hack the pentagon, but fail by certifying an OS with a broken camera... lol

Even funnier... RIM still releasing OSs to carriers that have **** broken in them.
    06-28-10 01:34 AM
    The Chinese are smart enough to hack the pentagon, but fail by certifying an OS with a broken camera... lol

Even funnier... RIM still releasing OSs to carriers that have **** broken in them.
    My **** isn't broken. Camera works fine. I must have ****ed up my install or something. Anyone else **** up their install so bad that their **** isn't broken?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 02:06 AM
    I actually don't mind this os.. i like it.. NO LAG At all for typeing in SMS OR BBM. It's more responsive.. Still at 28.8mb with about 8 Apps loaded, and shrinked. Camera thing isn't a issue know where to put my finger to take a pic, And noticed one thing if ur at the homescreen and hit bbm button it shows a lock screen. i believe it's the os, but maybe a new app i just got.
    06-28-10 02:14 AM
    no issues with the camera...video recording is fixed...my videos sounds louder now...
    Last edited by mailliw_17; 06-28-10 at 06:45 AM.
    06-28-10 04:10 AM
    I actually don't mind this os.. i like it.. NO LAG At all for typeing in SMS OR BBM. It's more responsive.. Still at 28.8mb with about 8 Apps loaded, and shrinked. Camera thing isn't a issue know where to put my finger to take a pic, And noticed one thing if ur at the homescreen and hit bbm button it shows a lock screen. i believe it's the os, but maybe a new app i just got.
    Yeah I have to agree, lag in SMS used to drive me crazy, this OS seems very tight as far as typing speed and speed between apps. SO FAR, it seems to not leak memory (as .591 didn't either). I'm not getting the BBM lock button thing? That doesn't happen for me. And my camera (in sunlight or a well lit room) that doesn't need flash works totally fine if I keep my finger gently where the button is supposed to be (so it has a second to focus) then click the screen. In low light conditions (with flash set on or off) she likes to freeze up for half a minute or so. HOPEFULLY the next chinese leak resolves this, and keeps all the speed and smoothness.

Has anyone else noticed that occasionally 1XEV data is dropped down to 1X in areas that weren't a problem before? my apt is a bit of a bunker, and with earlier some earlier OS I would drop calls in certain rooms. I'm not dropping any calls, but I seem to drop data speed for a couple of minutes, then it returns?
    06-28-10 07:19 AM
    Okay, so I found after trying .741&.743 hybrids over .685 still gave the camera issue, everything else was fine, this morning I wiped and installed "lyric's .748" hybrid over .685 and camera working fine now with no problems.
    06-28-10 07:34 AM
    Okay, so I found after trying .741&.743 hybrids over .685 still gave the camera issue, everything else was fine, this morning I wiped and installed "lyric's .748" hybrid over .685 and camera working fine now with no problems.
    Just tried .748 over .685 and problem still persists
    06-28-10 08:07 AM
    the one thing i have found is if you go to play a youtube video online. the bar that tells you how much time is left is all wacky. not a big deal but worth pointing out. other then that i am really happy with the os
    06-28-10 08:19 AM
    Well with that many storm 1 in china RIM hopefully will continue to update us.
    06-28-10 08:26 AM
    Just tried .748 over .685 and problem still persists
    Did you wipe and uninstall all OS's on your pc and start from scratch, working fine with mine, don't know why?
    06-28-10 08:30 AM
    Well with that many storm 1 in china RIM hopefully will continue to update us.
    lets hope that is true. maybe Verizon will step it up and release the same os not likely but who knows
    06-28-10 08:31 AM
    lets hope that is true. maybe Verizon will step it up and release the same os not likely but who knows
    Verizion seems to really like something in the .7xx builds....maybe they'll throw us a bone...

06-28-10 09:01 AM
    Can't wait for lyric to drop a hybrid for this one!
    06-28-10 09:22 AM
    Is possible to add the Portuguese language? what are the files needed?

thanks
    06-28-10 09:23 AM
    I've noticed that audio levels are way up to the point of distortion. I need to lower the volume on just about everything. Quite annoying.

Also, phone calls over Bluetooth seem to be at a lower volume, although not as low as with .591.

Anyone else notice the same?

06-28-10 10:27 AM
    Did you wipe and uninstall all OS's on your pc and start from scratch, working fine with mine, don't know why?
    Yeah, I've tried everything. Last two hours wiping, reinstalling, to no avail. Nothing works, camera won't work. I can't wait till July, This is just too much hassle. I just want a device that works like it's supposed to! I give up. See Ya Rim!!!!!
    06-28-10 10:30 AM
    Yeah, I've tried everything. Last two hours wiping, reinstalling, to no avail. Nothing works, camera won't work. I can't wait till July, This is just too much hassle. I just want a device that works like it's supposed to! I give up. See Ya Rim!!!!!
    This. RIM can't develop for ****.
    06-28-10 10:52 AM
    Hmmmm......July 15 to be exact? Sounds like you are joining the Droid X fanclub?

I think I'll be doing the same. This may have been the last software leak for my Storm 1. RIM's ineptitude is wearing on me. That, and I just saw that the Droid X will have "push email" support for yahoo accounts, too!
    06-28-10 10:58 AM
    I noticed I am able to use the old Docs to Go 1.8.19 but not the PDF to Go. I keep getting the uncaught exception message. I was trying to use the old PDF to Go because it was fine for my use and is a much smaller file size compared to the new 2.0 one.
    06-28-10 11:01 AM
    Verizion seems to really like something in the .7xx builds....maybe they'll throw us a bone...

The only bone Verizon is going to give us at this point is one that we'll all have to bend over to receive.

I wholeheartedly feel that they've written the S1 and all of its owners off. Especially since, for most of us, the NE2 will arrive very shortly. Why do anything that would give current S1 owners second thoughts about moving to a new device and signing a new two-year contract?

Just my two worthless cents, though.
    06-28-10 11:10 AM
243 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD