02-21-09 08:30 PM
187 ... 678
tools
    Has nothing to do with that this thread is titled correctly. I have a problem with people saying that only the hybrid exists. Because that is not correct
    Last edited by Tommy M; 02-20-09 at 11:23 PM.
    02-20-09 11:14 PM
    My bad Tommy. Only the hybrid exists in this forum... lol
    02-20-09 11:17 PM
    there ya go, everyone happy? can we get back to the findings?
    02-20-09 11:19 PM
    I do have to say that .106 has been very stable. I was running sith's 3rd hybrid since it came out, but noticed once I loaded my phone with themes, I was getting 2 or 3 VSOD's a day. I have had no such with this. Only downside is the mms problem, but easily fixed with the .86 cod over-write.
    02-20-09 11:26 PM
    I havent had any MMS issues, but i usually just send pics via BBM so yeah.... thankfully no VSOD's in a good long while *knocks on wood* If it wasnt for BBM i would absolutely love this OS, but since its not freezing as much as all the others, i still love it
    02-20-09 11:29 PM
    ok i just finished loading the build and right off the bat i noticed that my back light was A lot less bright, and my browser was missing. Before i could do anything my phone did a random reboot and now its fine. ill play with it for a while and see if any other problems arise.
    02-20-09 11:51 PM
    browser missing because the phone didnt register yet... backlight i dunno but Batt pulls are always recommended after software upgrades
    02-20-09 11:52 PM
    ok i just finished loading the build and right off the bat i noticed that my back light was A lot less bright, and my browser was missing. Before i could do anything my phone did a random reboot and now its fine. ill play with it for a while and see if any other problems arise.
    Try Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table> BB button> Register Now
    That should bring your browser back.

As for the backlighting; Options>Screen /keyboard> check your setting for the back light.
    02-21-09 12:16 AM
    I have been running this hybrid OS for at least a few days and I have been pretty happy with it. Today my storm froze up on me while using Google chat and I was able to power it down. I thought I might have to do a battery pull.
    02-21-09 10:00 AM
    Still running great after 2 days with the 103/106/.86 MMS hybrid! No batt pulls, no random reboot, no VSOD or media card error. Typing still has minimal lag. Everything else more responsive than other OS's.
    Good battery life....although I don't run any "always on" 3rd party apps. Memory was at 51 initially and has settled in the high 30's and seems to be staying there....again, not running many 3rd party apps.
    Very good build, except for the choppy video playback.
    Will report back if I discover anything else.
    02-21-09 05:26 PM
    Still running great after 2 days with the 103/106/.86 MMS hybrid! No batt pulls, no random reboot, no VSOD or media card error. Typing still has minimal lag. Everything else more responsive than other OS's.
    Good battery life....although I don't run any "always on" 3rd party apps. Memory was at 51 initially and has settled in the high 30's and seems to be staying there....again, not running many 3rd party apps.
    Very good build, except for the choppy video playback.
    Will report back if I discover anything else.
    I just installed it yesterday and the keyboard lag is much better but my memory leak is still bad. I was down to less than 1mb. Today after a battery pull I am staying at around 20.
    The memory leak is the main issue for me. Hope they fix it soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 06:11 PM
    any links to the dl site for this for the 9530?
    02-21-09 08:30 PM
187 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD