I'm going day #3 no phone freeze have ran every release with JL_Cmdr including Siths Hybrid. I feel like I've said this before...best release so far combining stability and speed. I think there's been releases such as Siths V2 which was the fastest but the camera didn't. But .106 hybrid is the champ as of now. Messaging is solid not super fast just stable but I'm not getting the lag others are. The radio in terms of dropping calls is the best so far.....Siths hybrids were fast but MAN I dropped a ton of calls and I travel way more than your average bird. .103 leak radio was awful one of the worst since the .8X series.

This release starts up faster also. My battery life has been great although I'm using Seidio 2600mah and have never ran out. Internet is fast but I've had faster releases...no complaints its stable and good enough would love to see a tick faster with scrolling and navigating within a web page seems slow re-focusing the page when navigating. BBM still occasionally locks up in landscape mode but its done that in every release....love/hate with BBM.

Overall this release is the best because the phone works less dropped calls, speed and stability to mostly everything. Now we just need those VZW simulated Storm commercials to come to fruition! Give me instant response fast browsing and messaging and let the beer flow. Thanks for this release.
    02-19-09 11:30 AM
    Hello I'm a Newbie here and just installed .106. I have lost all of my contacts, could someone please help? I backed up all the data before the upgrade but I'm having trouble restoring the info. Another problem I notice is The media player is not working, no movies or songs. If you could help with that as well it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    02-19-09 04:55 PM
    Hello I'm a Newbie here and just installed .106. I have lost all of my contacts, could someone please help? I backed up all the data before the upgrade but I'm having trouble restoring the info. Another problem I notice is The media player is not working, no movies or songs. If you could help with that as well it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Same thing happened to me on my last update; i lost all my contacts. I have been putting them in manually because I cannot figure out how to reinstall them with the desktop software.
    02-19-09 05:15 PM
    You need to use Backup and Restore within Desktop Manager, but select the option for Advanced. From there, there is an option for File above the left window pane with in the Desktop Manager where you can select WHICH backup to work with and which aspects or information from the backup to restore.
    02-19-09 05:35 PM
    only had one BBM freeze in ! week of use
    02-19-09 05:59 PM
    Installed the 103/106 hybrid with .86 MMS a few hours ago from OS .99. No problem downloading, just followed instructions! Working pretty well so far!

Pros-
    - seems more solid
    - no lag in typing.....although I don't type very fast
    - so far now VSOD or random reboot
    - MMS sends both Storm camera and other stored photos without problem
    - camera works fast and seems a little sharper
    - too early to tell on battery and memory
    - browser seems quicker
    - no problems with music player
    - photos seem to load faster

Cons-
    - sending pics by MMS from camera app turns pic taken in portrait 90 degrees....had this problem in previous versions
    - playing Babylon AD in video player is still very choppy

Other than that, seems to be a pretty solid build. Will update again after more time. We're getting closer to what the Storm should be!
    02-19-09 07:45 PM
    I can't believe the change in battery life over 103. Normally by this time I'd be down to 55% or so but I am at 85%. That includes WeatherBug updating every half hour without GPS.
    02-20-09 02:45 PM
    It still claims to be at 85%. I haven't been using it, it's just been sitting next to me with the exception of turning on the screen to stare at it here and there. But still, I think it's bull****ting me. lol However I just turned it off and back on to see if it would change its story and it reset itself after coming back on and unlocking.
    02-20-09 06:05 PM
    Installed the 103/106 hybrid with .86 MMS a few hours ago from OS .99. No problem downloading, just followed instructions! Working pretty well so far!

Pros-
    - seems more solid
    - no lag in typing.....although I don't type very fast
    - so far now VSOD or random reboot
    - MMS sends both Storm camera and other stored photos without problem
    - camera works fast and seems a little sharper
    - too early to tell on battery and memory
    - browser seems quicker
    - no problems with music player
    - photos seem to load faster

Cons-
    - sending pics by MMS from camera app turns pic taken in portrait 90 degrees....had this problem in previous versions
    - playing Babylon AD in video player is still very choppy

Other than that, seems to be a pretty solid build. Will update again after more time. We're getting closer to what the Storm should be!
    this is not a hybrid thread. This is about the official rim release of .106 for the 9530.
    02-20-09 07:35 PM
    RIM did not officially release 106 for the 9530. Or for the 9000 for that matter.
    02-20-09 08:14 PM
    RIM did not officially release 106 for the 9530. Or for the 9000 for that matter.
    Ok if you want to get specific. This thread is titled "9530 4.7.0.106 OS Findings Only" which pertains to the operating system that RIM released to it vendor partners that is version 4.7.0.106.
    02-20-09 09:05 PM
    And what does the bold (9000) have anything to do with this?
    02-20-09 09:07 PM
    Meant 9500.
    02-20-09 09:08 PM
    Been using .106 for a few days now... only issue is still with BBM freezing. its happening less, i think it only happens when i leave the program open when it goes on standby. if i press the end button after using it, it seems to not freeze... this make sense to anyone? hitting the end button doesnt actually close the app so dunno why it would.... but who knows with the storm.
    02-20-09 09:13 PM
    Been using .106 for a few days now... only issue is still with BBM freezing. its happening less, i think it only happens when i leave the program open when it goes on standby. if i press the end button after using it, it seems to not freeze... this make sense to anyone? hitting the end button doesnt actually close the app so dunno why it would.... but who knows with the storm.
    I think it might have something to do with screen orientation when leaving the conversation open
    02-20-09 09:36 PM
    actually, i think it usually happens when in landscape.... interesting.... just seems like a random reason to freeze
    02-20-09 09:37 PM
    this is not a hybrid thread. This is about the official rim release of .106 for the 9530.
    Unless I'm missing something, .106 for 9530 is a hybrid. Here is a quote from the thread that explains how it is made work on the 9530 " Make 9500 4.7.0.106 work for 9530! It is Amazingly Fast!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to BBCrackMan, I have successfully installed the 9500 4.7.0.106 version on my 9530. Here are the instructions below. I took BBCrackMan's instructions from here but made them easier so there is no confusion.

NOTE: Please be aware that we are still using features of 103 and some of 106. This OS is basically a HYBRID since we do not have the new sfi file for CDMA on 106."

To the best of my knowledge, there was never a leak/release for .106 on 9530.
    02-20-09 09:44 PM
    yes .106 is a hybrid. Tommy just thinks there was a leak for .106 for the 9530 and thinks this is the findings thread. (there was no leak for .106 for 9530)
    02-20-09 09:47 PM
    yes .106 is a hybrid. Tommy just thinks there was a leak for .106 for the 9530 and thinks this is the findings thread. (there was no leak for .106 for 9530)
    you are mistaken there is a .106 the platform is .133. The hybrid platform is stil .131
    02-20-09 09:53 PM
    im sorry, havent seen that link, where was it posted?
    02-20-09 09:55 PM
    im sorry, havent seen that link, where was it posted?
    its not in the wild, but people have it
    02-20-09 09:58 PM
    you are mistaken there is a .106 the platform is .133. The hybrid platform is stil .131
    Platform .133 is the leaked 9500 version of .106
    02-20-09 09:59 PM
    ahh well yes then in that case the thread title may be a little misleading, but not that big of a deal
    02-20-09 10:00 PM
    Last edited by Tommy M; 02-20-09 at 10:13 PM.
    02-20-09 10:10 PM
    Tommy, we get that you dont like the title of the thread, why not leave it at that?
    02-20-09 10:11 PM
187 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD