The directions in the first post were spot on.
    Upgrade went fine.

After it was done I did have to reset a few things:
    - facebook logins lots
    - Full keyboard setting in portrat mode lots but can be set still
    - Navigator had to reload all it's data
    - Googlemaps needed ACCEPT angain
    - YouTube needed ACCEPT again
    - Flycast worked without issue
    - Slacker needed login a couple times and had to resave my cached channels
    - Browser was fine and there and worked.
    - Everything else seems to work
    (Many of these are ture for any upgrade)

Observations:
    - Does not seem any faster than .103, seems slower.
    - Babylon AD video is much more laggy on .106 then it was on .103, all the way through the video it lagged, ICE AGE plays fine no lag
    - Video Camera still works as does Camera.
    - keying the alphabet into the keyboard in memopad was really slow.
    I would get to abcdefg-it would halt here until I got to yz then display lmnopqrstuv and then display yz. Really slow. And I am not a very fast typer.
    - Memory after 30 minutes use at 9.5 MB no apps up.

In general it seems slower than .103 but I need to try a reboot and also try using it for a while and let things cache. It may be faster the more you use it.

But at least it did the upgrade without a hitch.
    02-17-09 08:46 PM
    Finally found a decent place to download the dang thing so ill let you know how it works for me, i will be making my own build of the os because there are certain pieces i want from .90 for those who couldnt get those crappy sites to download here you go torrent mirror
    02-17-09 09:01 PM
    Thanks to BBCrackman for helping me through. Upgraded with no problems except all my settings didnt restore. Have to reset my pic folders, remove some apps I dont want, etc. So far it seems a bit faster than 103 so Im good. Thanks to all who do these builds!
    02-18-09 12:27 AM
    I did the install this morning with the 103/106/90 Hybrid, and up until tonight, it's been the best running OS i've had so far. The fastest, and most reliable in most aspects, works great.

However I do have one problem, I can't take any video. Every time I hit the record button on the video camera, it freezes up completely. Has anyone had this problem?
    02-18-09 12:28 AM
    I did the install this morning with the 103/106/90 Hybrid, and up until tonight, it's been the best running OS i've had so far. The fastest, and most reliable in most aspects, works great.

However I do have one problem, I can't take any video. Every time I hit the record button on the video camera, it freezes up completely. Has anyone had this problem?
    Thats the problem with .90
    02-18-09 12:46 AM
    Doesn't .106 have the media card error though? There's just absolutely no way that is worth whatever improvement may come from using .106.
    02-18-09 12:51 AM
    Doesn't .106 have the media card error though? There's just absolutely no way that is worth whatever improvement may come from using .106.
    What Media Card error.. I was sitting watching Notorious last night...2 hrs..not one reboot
    02-18-09 12:53 AM
    Have had it for about 2 or 3 days, i forget, but am loving it. Seems much more responsive than .103, battery has much better lifetime, no mem leak, video playback not choppy anymore, browser typing seems still laggy, but regular texting seems faster than .103. overall very stable!
    02-18-09 03:05 AM
    Anyone using this hybrid .106 with AT&T? I'm wondering how the EDGE vs edge is with the .103 radio file? I've replaced the newer versions with .90 radio as it gives me a constant EDGE signal where 99 was pretty poor.
    02-18-09 07:27 AM
    Noticed this morning after installing the Hybrid that I lost my contacts. I sync'd last night and noticed it flied through real fast but didnt check to see if my contacts were there. Any ideas? Thanks everyone!
    02-18-09 09:55 AM
    I really
    Like this software version except for the keyboard lag in the browser, hasn't been this bad on any other OS's for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 10:09 AM
    Thats the problem with .90
    Please qualify remarks with "...with my phone..." This is not the case with every phone. My phone will record and play back video. I'm running .90 and the only issue I have is the Media Card Inserted prompt which is quickly remedied by holding the End Call button and then turning the device back on the same way. Camera works, video works, phone works, media plays, etc.

Unfortunately every phone is not the same and each will react differently. Everyone will have to just try and see which leak will work well with their phone until an official and stable OS is available, which may not happen before the 2nd gen device is available, unfortunately.
    02-18-09 10:15 AM
    Please qualify remarks with "...with my phone..." This is not the case with every phone. My phone will record and play back video. I'm running .90 and the only issue I have is the Media Card Inserted prompt which is quickly remedied by holding the End Call button and then turning the device back on the same way. Camera works, video works, phone works, media plays, etc.

Unfortunately every phone is not the same and each will react differently. Everyone will have to just try and see which leak will work well with their phone until an official and stable OS is available, which may not happen before the 2nd gen device is available, unfortunately.
    I agree that everyone's device performs differently, I was reiterating that it was the predominant complaint with that OS. If it works, great, if it doesn't theyre are plenty of options....
    02-18-09 10:39 AM
    lol...there's a new "issue" every day.
    Unfortunalty not a new "issue", this has been a problem since the beggining. Has been blamed on bad microphone, OS issue and some say its from the noise cancelling feature. I was just hoping they had a fix for this finally, its getting old trying to have a conversation and spending more time repeating yourself.
    02-18-09 10:39 AM
    So does either .103 or .106 fix the muffled microphone issue a lot of people are having.
    Phone, Options, General Options, Enhance Handset Call Audio, Boost Treble

Completely eliminated the problem for me.
    02-18-09 11:13 AM
    I agree that everyone's device performs differently, I was reiterating that it was the predominant complaint with that OS. If it works, great, if it doesn't theyre are plenty of options....
    I think I'm just partial to .90 because it runs SOOO much better than any OS I have tried, pre and post. In fact, .103 ran EXTREMELY slow for me when typing, to the point where I uninstalled it after about 2 hours. I just couldn't take it anymore. Went back to .90 and it has been lightening fast even with a theme.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/ri...ee-ota-162294/

This one works awesome on my phone!! Ok, sorry to go off topic.
    02-18-09 03:38 PM
    I think I'm just partial to .90 because it runs SOOO much better than any OS I have tried, pre and post. In fact, .103 ran EXTREMELY slow for me when typing, to the point where I uninstalled it after about 2 hours. I just couldn't take it anymore. Went back to .90 and it has been lightening fast even with a theme.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/ri...ee-ota-162294/

This one works awesome on my phone!! Ok, sorry to go off topic.
    I agree... .90's performance was finally what I would consider acceptable for what a supposed "next-gen" device should be... unfortunately I could not live with the HORRIBLE stability and the 20 minute rebooting process (after countless VSODs and "Memory Card Insterted" failures.)
    02-18-09 06:22 PM
    Now that we have gotten off topic

Lets stay on topic....9530 .106 findings please
    02-18-09 07:38 PM
    Upgraded last night and besides a few problems that BBcrackman was so gracious to help me with its been the best build yet. Im wondering how the leaked 106 is gonna perform. I downloaded the appleberry theme and it runs great on this 106 hybrid. Also DL'd the tweakberry which works great as well. In the past I was always hesitant to download 3rd party apps but with this build I am with confidence and am having no issues. Thanks To Bbcrackman, Sith and all the other Geeks (very affectionate term) that do this so well. Blackberry should be paying you guys well for your efforts!!!!
    02-18-09 08:10 PM
    Upgraded last night and besides a few problems that BBcrackman was so gracious to help me with its been the best build yet. Im wondering how the leaked 106 is gonna perform. I downloaded the appleberry theme and it runs great on this 106 hybrid. Also DL'd the tweakberry which works great as well. In the past I was always hesitant to download 3rd party apps but with this build I am with confidence and am having no issues. Thanks To Bbcrackman, Sith and all the other Geeks (very affectionate term) that do this so well. Blackberry should be paying you guys well for your efforts!!!!
    Thank you!!!
    02-18-09 08:32 PM
    its been very good so far, on at&t. very very fast
    02-18-09 08:54 PM
    Does the MMS issue get resolved in the 9530 103/106 hybrid?
    I was still getting gray boxes when trying to forward pics at first. Then I decided to try doing a wipe and a re-install. That fixed it for me.
    02-19-09 12:42 AM
    I was still getting gray boxes when trying to forward pics at first. Then I decided to try doing a wipe and a re-install. That fixed it for me.
    I just used the .86 MMS.cod file with the 103/106 hybrid and it worked like a charm. No issues. If a wipe and reinstall doesn't work for you id try this.
    02-19-09 12:54 AM
    Two days and ALL IS WELL!

I used this process and it was as easy as can be! No worries!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/4-...e-easy-162945/
    02-19-09 07:42 AM
    How is the typing on the hybrid? I have seen a lot of post that it is sluggish, is this the consensus?
    02-19-09 10:49 AM
187 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD