has anyone noticed in the sms folder it dont highlight the message in blue anymore like it did on .75 which i had?
    02-16-09 10:25 PM
    has anyone noticed in the sms folder it dont highlight the message in blue anymore like it did on .75 which i had?
    I know it doesnt help but mine highlights...from day one.
    02-16-09 10:36 PM
    Is this the hybrid .106 this thread is talking about?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 10:47 PM
    I have installed this hybrid onto my 9530 and it has been working rather well.. Its froze on me about twice since i installed yesterday

02-16-09 11:02 PM
    Is this the hybrid .106 this thread is talking about?

Yes, this is the hybrid 106
    02-16-09 11:11 PM
    For those who would like to know;
    37.5 hours without a battery pull
    Mem at 39.6
    Battery at 68% running under heavy usage 16 hours
    02-16-09 11:30 PM
    Wow, I did the hybrid as well, and it's great.....This is what the storm should have started out as on launch day!!!!! But we now know (after all the hard work with .106) that .118 exists per CX....I am getting excited....So, all be good, so we get this leak soon
    02-17-09 12:14 AM
    has anyone been using BBM with this? and if so, has it been freezing?
    02-17-09 12:16 AM
    has anyone been using BBM with this? and if so, has it been freezing?
    I've not had any problems with BBM.

i think you battery guys are having hardware problems...

ive hit every update that has come out and havent experienced anything but normal blackberry reliable battery life. 2+ days on a full charge
    Ok...wierdest thing now. After countless days with horrible battery life (talking 6 hours max), I've all of a sudden got 8 hours using only 30%.

Oh and I still have yet to see 5 bars.....
    02-17-09 12:18 AM
    My battery was at 60% when I started the update, after everything was done, it went up to 80% (may be charged from the computer?) but it has been good....so will give it some time and see.....I wonder if RIM is figuring the puzzle out....
    02-17-09 12:21 AM
    the weird instructions / maybe my user error bricked my storm..

thanks.

this is gonna be a **** of a night
    02-17-09 12:23 AM
    just did a second battery pull all is fine now.
    02-17-09 12:47 AM
    wish i didn't have the MMS issues I had last night after i tried the 9500 .106 file swap. I tried it on both my 9530's (oddly enough one is from Mexico and one is from Canada) both produced the same results (gray box or sometimes an odd/random color box instead of the picture) when trying to add a picture to an MMS (.jpg). I also noticed if you select a picture that you want to save to your phone (mem card) it locks the media file??? Kinda of odd... could be both my 9530's are just duds (though that would be kinda of crazy).
    02-17-09 01:42 AM
    wish i didn't have the MMS issues I had last night after i tried the 9500 .106 file swap. I tried it on both my 9530's (oddly enough one is from Mexico and one is from Canada) both produced the same results (gray box or sometimes an odd/random color box instead of the picture) when trying to add a picture to an MMS (.jpg). I also noticed if you select a picture that you want to save to your phone (mem card) it locks the media file??? Kinda of odd... could be both my 9530's are just duds (though that would be kinda of crazy).
    I'm sure this question has been asked, but the problem you are having with MMS/email are pictures that were only taken with the camera on the phone right?
    02-17-09 01:59 AM
    \But we now know (after all the hard work with .106) that .118 exists per CX
    Link or source to where this was said?
    02-17-09 02:03 AM
    I'm sure this question has been asked, but the problem you are having with MMS/email are pictures that were only taken with the camera on the phone right?
    No, its not just pictures that were taken with the 9530's camera, its media/pictures that were transfered to the phone via my PC, or if i decide to send a Picture that im viewing from a website (you can put your finger on the picture and when you quickly press the BB Button it will bring up the menu which will allow you to view the picture FULL and on a separate page of its own. Then you can Send as an MMS, but when you do it brings up a gray sometimes blue box instead of the picture your trying to send). Its odd, but was apparent in .99, .103 and for me in the .106 hybrid. Not sure why its doing it, but i do know others are having this issue as well. I think it has something to do with the media type being .jpg...it doesn't seem to like .jpg pictures when using MMS.

Oh and to note: I have ZERO issues when using .76. I send pictures via MMS all day with my 9530 absolutely no issues so its def. software related issue. And i know im not alone on this issue.
    Last edited by REC7IFY; 02-17-09 at 02:34 AM.
    02-17-09 02:17 AM
    i have no blackberry messenger on my phone, and when i go to the app loader to load it in desktop messenger, only my 3rd party apps are listed as options....any one have any advise?
    02-17-09 02:31 AM
    i have no blackberry messenger on my phone, and when i go to the app loader to load it in desktop messenger, only my 3rd party apps are listed as options....any one have any advise?
    are you sure you didn't miss it when using the app loader to install the hybrid. I did not have an issue with BBM, though honestly I dont use it so i never DL it. But it was an option for me to check off as to be added to the upgrade/update.
    02-17-09 02:36 AM
    are you sure you didn't miss it when using the app loader to install the hybrid. I did not have an issue with BBM, though honestly I dont use it so i never DL it. But it was an option for me to check off as to be added to the upgrade/update.
    yea im 100% positive ive done all the upgrades and its always been there when i go to restore my apps. actually i dont have any of the core apps listed, not even blackberry maps
    02-17-09 02:57 AM
    Ok this may be a dumb suggestion and sorry its a little off topic but would it be worth it (for stability reasons) to swap .106 files over .75 or better yet .76? I guess it depends on how much the hybrid relies on the copied over os

02-17-09 07:41 AM
    No, its not just pictures that were taken with the 9530's camera, its media/pictures that were transfered to the phone via my PC, or if i decide to send a Picture that im viewing from a website (you can put your finger on the picture and when you quickly press the BB Button it will bring up the menu which will allow you to view the picture FULL and on a separate page of its own. Then you can Send as an MMS, but when you do it brings up a gray sometimes blue box instead of the picture your trying to send). Its odd, but was apparent in .99, .103 and for me in the .106 hybrid. Not sure why its doing it, but i do know others are having this issue as well. I think it has something to do with the media type being .jpg...it doesn't seem to like .jpg pictures when using MMS.

Oh and to note: I have ZERO issues when using .76. I send pictures via MMS all day with my 9530 absolutely no issues so its def. software related issue. And i know im not alone on this issue.

MMS worked fine up till .86 I believe. Then .90 on, they wont forward correctly. Im sure it will be fixed in a future release, probably not high on their list though.
    02-17-09 08:17 AM
    yea im 100% positive ive done all the upgrades and its always been there when i go to restore my apps. actually i dont have any of the core apps listed, not even blackberry maps
    that happened to me when i bricked my phone.... downgrade to .75, it will reload all that fun stuff, then re-upgrade back up but make sure you have bbm and all that checked for installing in the phone in the app loader/DM
    02-17-09 08:52 AM
    that happened to me when i bricked my phone.... downgrade to .75, it will reload all that fun stuff, then re-upgrade back up but make sure you have bbm and all that checked for installing in the phone in the app loader/DM
    What? I didn't have to even use the app loader when I downgraded back to .75. All I did was reinstall the downgrade and everything, and I do mean everything even third party apps moved. And my email problem was fixed.
    02-17-09 09:23 AM
    very good
    02-17-09 09:40 AM
    Some observations after about 18 hours or so on the .103/.106 hybrid (with .90 radio).

No VSoD or media card issues. Both screens come up, but the phone continues to load properly.

I used the .90 radio code to bring back the larger keyboard and better color, but the color depth didn't seem to change. I like the keyboard though.

Typing is great except in the browser where the lag is TERRIBLE. The worst I've seen in any build.

The screen "flicker" is back for me and the screen dims much more now too. (I never had any dimming issues at all until now).

Battery life is somewhat shorter and the phone is definitely hotter than normal too. 15 minutes of Word Mole and the phone was actually hot to the touch. Haven't had that since .65.

My voice mail auto dial (# followed by pause and pin) doesn't work at all.

My ScreenLock quit working. It just says "pausing for 3 seconds..." and stays there. Screen does NOT lock and it can not be cleared by using the escape key. Must disconnect to get it to go away.

Bringing up the dial pad during a call isn't working well. The bottom row of keys (*0#) is missing. Makes it difficult to enter the VM password!

Application Center is listed in options>advanced>applications, but I cannot access it on the phone. It doesn't show up anywhere. The icon is just not there. I've double checked that nothing's hidden, I've done battery pulls, re-sent service books, etc. It's just gone. It's not is app loader in DM either (nothing is except the 5 3rd party apps I have on the phone already)

Overall, the accelerometer is slower I think and somewhat less stable.

The touch screen seems quite a bit less responsive and I often have to click an icon 2 or 3 times for it to open. Sometimes icons just don't want to highlight at all.

It seems to take longer to open an application as well.

The camera and video are working wonderfully. I don't use BBM, so can't speak to that. Media player works fine too.

I'm going to try to get rid of the .90 radio (.stf) file and try again. .90 was the worst for me (except for .103 by itself, which was about as bad, if not worse).

I hope we can just get a stable build soon. All this monkeying around is driving me bonkers (a short drive to be sure ;O).
    02-17-09 02:00 PM
187 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD