I will keep an eye on it, I may have to tweak it
    Well let me know if you want me to make any changes. PMs work the best since I might not look over this thread.
    02-16-09 02:07 AM
    I'm completely new to the Storm...brand new, is it shipped with .103?

I'm looking into the .106 update but I also haven't gotten around to playing with all its bells and whistles, previously owned the Curve.
    02-16-09 02:31 AM
    I'm completely new to the Storm...brand new, is it shipped with .103?

I'm looking into the .106 update but I also haven't gotten around to playing with all its bells and whistles, previously owned the Curve.
    No, it isn't shipped with .103. Its shipped with .75 because that is the last 'Official' release from Verizon. (.76 if your on Telus) All these other releases your reading about are 'leaks'. We're technically not really supposed to be using them. Internal only kinda stuff. So if you feel fishy about not having what your 'supposed' to have on your phone, don't worry about all these others. .75 should do you fine until the next official, which I don't think is too far off. I must admit though, .103 worked splendid for me. Miles better than anything .75 was.
    02-16-09 02:36 AM
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sith just owned ALL OF YOU hahahahahahaha
    Like dealing with UNIX/Linux heads here. Only power they have in life is knowing something someone else doesn't and keeping it to themselves. Just an observation. Personally I could give a Jack Crap about 106 or whatever. It's more fun watching the people who got their lunch money taken at school torture the people who took it. Too bad they don't have a life though. BB/UNIX/Linux heads must sleep together.
    02-16-09 08:54 AM
    This has nothing to do with Sith! It is a courtesy to all people here on the forums. Its a little thing called respect! And from the looks of it you may be lacking in that quality. But be patient, it is possible to regain some morality if you so choose. If you want respect you have to give it.....
    Well, what happens is people grow a pair on the net. This isn't confined to this forum. In my world a lack of respect could cause extreme pain and a hard lesson learned. There's one here I have a feeling knows exactly what I'm talking about.
    02-16-09 09:03 AM
    So i was just wondering does anybody know whats in AREA 51, j/w hahaha
    02-16-09 09:36 AM
    To the Original poster, your a veteran of this forum and you know you should put a question mark in the title.

All your doing is playing with these guys emotions as saying things like "oh it is out if you know where to look" is not helpful to anyone.
    02-16-09 10:47 AM
    Simple process..
    Download and install 4.7.0.103 for the 9530 and 4.7.0.106 for the 9500.
    Then open C:> program files> common files> research in motion> shared> loader files.
    Open 4.7.0.103 and create another folder called Java 2, go to the Java folder copy all the .cod files and place them into the Java 2 folder (this is for back up purposes). Now go into the 4.7.0.106 folder> java folder> select all and copy, now go back into the 4.7.0.103 folder> java folder> and paste. Yes to overwrite. Some of the .103 folders will remain.

Now go into the apploader file, delete the Vendor.XML file and use Loader.exe to load.

And youre done.
    Nice to see a resourcefull person finally. To simplify things, after you install both version, just go into the 103 folder and rename the Java folder to Java_2 (for backup only). Then go to 106 and copy the Java folder itself and paste the entire folder into the structure of 103. This skips a few steps and makes it a bit cleaner.

BTW, this should obviously be considered a hybrid. Also, as stated before, if both of the filenames listed before in this tread are correct, then both 106 and 111 have the same platform, which would mean that only the Java files would have changed. It's conceptual to think that if we get a 106 build for the 9530 and then a 111 build for the 9500, you could take the java cod files from the 9500 and put it on the 9530 just like in this post and pretty much have the same as a 9530 .111 build (since the platform wouldn't have changed). At least, that's my thinking.... would need Sith to verify. I think platform is tied to the sfi core rom file, which is in the CDMA or GSM directory. That part controls how the hardware behaves on said software version.
    02-16-09 10:50 AM
    What I find funny here is that you'alls childish verbage and actions is the number one reason why you don't get anything handed out easier. In a way, it's your own undoing. I find it interesting because you can actually see the kind of people the Storm has attracted.

Case in point... look at the Bold people. A little more professional sometimes (in my opinion) and they get leak after leak. You guys should really sit back and think about that for a while. There's no need to get upset over something like this thread. It's a repetative example of what seems to bring out the worse of "Storm owners".

Hey, while we're at it, how about we get upset at the government about not telling us what's at Area51. Why not moan about that... it's really the same principal. Just saying...
    Well said man. The Storm appeals to all the tech-noobs (sorry, but owning the latest Apple or RIM device does not make you proficient with computers) who want the power of a smartphone but don't want to devote the brainpower to figuring it out. So, when this thing dropped CrackBerry got flooded by several ten thousand new users with only one thing on their mind and it goes something like this: "Hey look at me! Look at meee! My Storm has problems, and I'm not going to take the time to adequately describe them to you because it isn't my fault the device isn't working properly. I have an iPod and a Mac, so I know all about technology so this can't be my fault. Will you fix my problem? Oh, and by the way I have no interest in learning how to adequately communicate my issue or learn basic troubleshooting steps that may keep me from starting a thread in the future. Thanks, and don't disagree with me or I'll just cuss you out and get this thread locked." Basically, every IT department's nightmare customer who was on Verizon went out and bought this phone.

Seriously, it's a wonder CX even gives us any more information with how selfishly everyone is behaving here. Props to our mods for sticking with it this long too. CrackBerry is known for being the number one place to get BlackBerry info and help...except if you own a Storm.
    02-16-09 11:08 AM
    I just got my storm, and like it except it may freeze or if I flip it the screen may not turn the right way. Are there any firmware downloads for this
    02-16-09 11:24 AM
    That's fairly insulting. Not to go too far OT or start flaming (probably too late from what I've read so far in this post) but here goes:

Well said man. The Storm appeals to all the tech-noobs (sorry, but owning the latest Apple or RIM device does not make you proficient with computers) who want the power of a smartphone but don't want to devote the brainpower to figuring it out.
    You have one, so I take it this applies to you also.

So, when this thing dropped CrackBerry got flooded by several ten thousand new users with only one thing on their mind and it goes something like this: "Hey look at me! Look at meee! My Storm has problems, and I'm not going to take the time to adequately describe them to you because it isn't my fault the device isn't working properly. I have an iPod and a Mac, so I know all about technology so this can't be my fault. Will you fix my problem? Oh, and by the way I have no interest in learning how to adequately communicate my issue or learn basic troubleshooting steps that may keep me from starting a thread in the future. Thanks, and don't disagree with me or I'll just cuss you out and get this thread locked."
    Many people paid a good deal of $$ for this device and want it to work properly. Maybe they are a bit over eager and easily frustrated, but that's part of the learning curve. Sorry not everyone intuitively knew how to use one as you apprently did, with this or any other BB you've had.

Basically, every IT department's nightmare customer who was on Verizon went out and bought this phone.
    Nice to see you give your IT dept headaches.

Seriously, it's a wonder CX even gives us any more information with how selfishly everyone is behaving here. Props to our mods for sticking with it this long too. CrackBerry is known for being the number one place to get BlackBerry info and help...except if you own a Storm.
    Read the first part of your own last sentence, before the ellipsis. That explains the first sentence. From what I've read this place has some pretty amazing mod's. I'm guessing that they are mods, and stick with it, because they care.

Seriously, your whole post is just plain insulting. I'll read and search before posting a question unless I'm very frustrated. most people are genuinely interested in their BB's, that's why they look here. If you really don't want to help others then don't read or reply to posts asking for it.
    02-16-09 01:18 PM
    Like dealing with UNIX/Linux heads here. Only power they have in life is knowing something someone else doesn't and keeping it to themselves. Just an observation. Personally I could give a Jack Crap about 106 or whatever. It's more fun watching the people who got their lunch money taken at school torture the people who took it. Too bad they don't have a life though. BB/UNIX/Linux heads must sleep together.
    I agree

02-16-09 09:53 PM
    So i was just wondering does anybody know whats in AREA 51, j/w hahaha
    Login
    02-16-09 10:30 PM
    The best OS i ever had on my phone
    02-16-09 10:46 PM
    The best OS i ever had on my phone
    I am glad it is working so well for you
    02-16-09 11:06 PM
    where can i find loader.exe ? i used the XP directions to delete the vendor file
    02-17-09 11:38 AM
    where can i find loader.exe ? i used the XP directions to delete the vendor file
    You can find it in the AppLoader folder near the top of the list of files. This should be thhe same folder that the Vendor file was in:

Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader
    02-17-09 03:16 PM
    Think I'm in ***** mode tonight! I have downladed the .103.exe file but when I run it on my laptop all it seems to do is updates the desktop app which was already on 4.7 and doesnt update the os on storm.

Have I missed something?
    02-17-09 03:26 PM
    Think I'm in ***** mode tonight! I have downladed the .103.exe file but when I run it on my laptop all it seems to do is updates the desktop app which was already on 4.7 and doesnt update the os on storm.

Have I missed something?
    Yes, you have... if your Storm is the 9500 then you need the 106 as the 103 is for CDMA 9530 version. Gota read friend...
    02-17-09 04:41 PM
    Ah nice one! Downloading .106 as we speak.
    02-17-09 04:44 PM
    I love you.

Well said man. The Storm appeals to all the tech-noobs (sorry, but owning the latest Apple or RIM device does not make you proficient with computers) who want the power of a smartphone but don't want to devote the brainpower to figuring it out. So, when this thing dropped CrackBerry got flooded by several ten thousand new users with only one thing on their mind and it goes something like this: "Hey look at me! Look at meee! My Storm has problems, and I'm not going to take the time to adequately describe them to you because it isn't my fault the device isn't working properly. I have an iPod and a Mac, so I know all about technology so this can't be my fault. Will you fix my problem? Oh, and by the way I have no interest in learning how to adequately communicate my issue or learn basic troubleshooting steps that may keep me from starting a thread in the future. Thanks, and don't disagree with me or I'll just cuss you out and get this thread locked." Basically, every IT department's nightmare customer who was on Verizon went out and bought this phone.

02-17-09 07:56 PM
    Eewwww. It's a hybrid. If a multimillion dollar team of developers and software engineers can't get it right, I'm totally NOT gonna trust some random dude from CB to do it.

Especially when said random dude has nothing new. Just a bunch of recycled staleness.
    02-17-09 09:26 PM
    could someone make a hybrid like link so we can download it ?

Thanks,
    Ive done it
    now we wait lol until post 10 so i can put this up
    02-18-09 12:02 AM
    hey can someone send me the link for the .103 so i can try this out
    02-19-09 05:59 PM
    hey can someone send me the link for the .103 so i can try this out
    Just sent you a message
    02-19-09 06:08 PM
200 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD