03-06-09 11:58 AM
1,576 ... 5960616263 ...
tools
    I'm noticing some incredible battery drain and this is the 2nd day I've had 103 on my storm.

I loved .90 but 2 days ago it bricked after running so well for so long.

I made sure to turn off the GPS, clear out the Cache Memory, turn off Bluetooth and lower the screen brightness to 40.

I also made sure it wasn't on Global.

But my Storm goes from fully charged at 6am to about 30% battery at 11am and this is without even talking on it or using it much.

When I use to not use it much, I would get almost 2 days until I hit the under 30% mark, it's insane to me that after 5 hours it's dropped that low from a full charge.

Any suggestions, could it be this .103 OS that's causing it, should I downgrade or reinstall the OS again?
    Last edited by journalist83; 02-19-09 at 12:23 PM.
    02-19-09 12:20 PM
    Anyone Know where I can download .103? The link that was on Crackberry is gone for some reason....

thanks for the help
    02-19-09 01:32 PM
    Anyone Know where I can download .103? The link that was on Crackberry is gone for some reason....

thanks for the help
    read through the thread....look in the sigs....
    02-19-09 02:58 PM
    I was running 103 for a few days and then everything went haywire. I couldn't get any data but I could make calls. I was showing 1XEV so the data should have worked but didn't. I tried a number of fixes but nothing worked and finally after an hour on the phone with VZW I got my data back. The next day I started having issues where the phone would only show 1X not 1XEV. I upgraded to a frankensteing Os (.90 radio/.106 Java/.103 everything else) and that still didn't fix it. I would try to turn the radio off and back on but it got to the point where the manage connections option couldn't shut down the radio. This morning I unfortunately had to go back to .75 (yuck). Maybe I'll be rave again and try going back to .103 bacause .75 seems to be killing my battery really fast.
    02-19-09 03:28 PM
    well the link says it was deleted or somthing. does anybody know what happend to the link. i cant find a place to download the os.
    02-19-09 04:23 PM
    I ran .103 for several days with zero problems. I downloaded the Appleberry theme last night. Now BB Messenger locks up the phone when I get a message alert. I changed back to the old theme and it is working fine again!
    02-19-09 04:28 PM
    well the link says it was deleted or somthing. does anybody know what happend to the link. i cant find a place to download the os.
    He's right....

....here's what the site says:

Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available. Reasons for this may include:
    - Invalid link
    - The file has been deleted because it was violating our Terms of service.

The bad link that was used is:
    h t t p : / / w w w .megaupload .com/?d=QFONU5D0
    (spaces are intentional)

The link below seems to be working at the moment:
    h t t p : / / w w w .megaupload.com/?d=VFQ78319
    (spaces are intentional)
    Last edited by beauificus; 02-19-09 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Found a working download link
    02-19-09 04:33 PM
    Ran 103 and found that edge to EDGE is still showing up once and a while on Tmobile. Did the hybrid with .90 fixed it. Constantly on EDGE, finally.
    02-19-09 04:34 PM
    Running it here since it came out, the only real issues are some little lag hiccups - mainly if there's an incoming call and I'm in Viigo or the web. The call comes in, I accept it, and the sending and receiving is non existent for a good 10 seconds.

It's very easy to overwhelm the OS as well. Even though I hover around 34MB free, it's clear that an unlucky sequence of accelerometer + application switching can make it need to stop and think for a few seconds. A full "stall" with no indicators. Then it zips through those 4-5 commands and ends up somewhere. However, this isn't new to .103.

Data throughput seems great. I just need to underscore that some core functions need some love: the phone, for example!!
    02-19-09 05:57 PM
    I just installed the .103 and it is great so far...after about 6 hours....The only thing I have run into so far is....
    When I try to set a pic on my card as a wallpaper, it is just a black screen when I go back to the homepage..So far, thats it!!
    02-19-09 06:01 PM
    i cant get any bluetooth to work with videos no sound
    02-19-09 06:21 PM
    Really so your Storm is still working as a modem? Then it has to be something else for me then, cause its giving me a error message that its not communicating with the modem in my device.
    Yep. No problems at all. I am using VZ Access Manager. Are you using something different?
    02-19-09 06:30 PM
    So far so good, been using 103 since the 12th and it seems to be running good,no batt pulls as of yet. Very snappy with apps and no lock up's. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Later,
    02-19-09 09:04 PM
    Updated from .75 to .103 without a hitch. Definitely more snappy.
    Worked so well I decided to update to Hybrid .106.
    Went smooth, too.
    02-19-09 09:38 PM
    i am new to this how do you get the updates to 103 my storm sucks!
    02-19-09 10:04 PM
    103 was working great, but since I have installed themes on it there has been tremendous memory leaks. It probably has more to do with the beta theme developer than the os though. It was much smoother overall before the problem though.
    02-19-09 11:05 PM
    Over 100 pages so I'm sure its already been mentioned, but
    I just noticed that while typing in portrait, hit the BB key. There's now an option to "enable reduced keyboard"

Don't think it was there before .103

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 07:43 AM
    Zomg I Want To Marry This Os Lol Wtf Is Wrong My Phone Is Slow Omg Its Laggy I Love It Lol Wtf Omg
    That is the funniest thing I've read here in a long time. ROFL!
    02-20-09 08:34 AM
    Not sure if this was mentioned in the previous 99 pages...

If I have a BBM conversation opened, with the cursor in the reply box, and I leave my phone alone for a minute or so, the storm completely freezes and I need to do a battery pull. This started happening to me on .99, and continued on .103.
    Although I haven't tried .103 (primarily because of the reviews of the poor battery life), that has happened to me on several occasions. I'm running .99 at the moment. Maybe it's been there in previous versions, but I've only noticed it on .99.
    02-20-09 09:28 AM
    I installed .103 on Monday and I am moving back to .75 right now.
    My findings:

-No Media Folder.
    -Occasional freezes
    -Pressing the Menu (blackberry) button would cause the open applications shortcut feature to appear instead of the menu
    -Battery life decreased. It was better on .75
    -Browser was faster. However, when pressing the back key to go back a page, it would take me out of the browser completely.

Im not installing any OS that has not been officially released by RIM/VZW. My phone has minor issues with .75, most of which I can handle.
    02-20-09 10:02 AM
    Really so your Storm is still working as a modem? Then it has to be something else for me then, cause its giving me a error message that its not communicating with the modem in my device.
    Make sure your mass storage mode is set to enable when you are connected...that did it for me!
    02-20-09 10:33 AM
    Where can I get 4.7.0.103

The link to megaupload seems to be down...
    02-20-09 11:01 AM
    I had .76 on forever and found it had really no issues, tried .103 yesterday and currently going back to .76 right now. I found .103 not bad, but it does eat more memory. .76 always had about 23mb or more free, .103 sometimes is around 14mb. I don't notice a performance difference, as long as there's memory free should be the same.

My biggest issue is with Opera, it seems like web pages render worse now with text overlapping and what not. The only benefit is the YouTube application actually works.

That's my biggest frustration, I find .76 is really not that bad, but why doesnt Youtube work, or why doesn't sound work on things like the lightsaber app, or nav4all and so on. There's obviously something disabled that is enabled in the leaked versions so that's frustrating to me!
    02-20-09 11:10 AM
    I'm sure this was already mentioned in this 100+ pages thread. I notice that the keyboard layout in landscape is not perfect. The letters "R", "J" and "M" are crooked (which is that they are not neatly lined up).

Have anyone of you noticed that?
    02-20-09 11:56 AM
    Where can I get 4.7.0.103

The link to megaupload seems to be down...

this one is up...thanks to another CB member brettxw:

Blackberry OS
    Last edited by neolantis; 02-20-09 at 12:40 PM.
    02-20-09 12:32 PM
1,576 ... 5960616263 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD