After installing .103 version, my storm suddenly heats up so much. My battery does not last more than 6 hrs, whether i use it or not. And at the end of 6 hrs my storm is so hot that u can actually make popcorn on it. Any ideas as to why??

Tried to get back to the previous version, but when i try to do that and select the preferred os and click on next in the manager, it says there is nothing to upgrade. Any idea how can i get back to the previous version. Tried reading all the forums on how to downgrade, nothing has helped yet.

Anything will help, fixing .103 issue or downgrading....help me!!

Jackal
    02-15-09 05:17 PM
    Has anyone using rhapsody?

and if so are you able to sync with version .103. I keep getting errors and i had move back to .75 to get my music back! any help would be great!
    02-15-09 06:17 PM
    Ok for some odd for strange reason I cant download the link......does anyone have another site that I can use to download the file? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    02-15-09 07:59 PM
    3 days since the upgrade to .103, and i'm actually starting to like my phone more and more!
    - Camera works great now.
    - Phone is so much quicker
    - love the qwerty in portrait
    02-15-09 09:00 PM
    After installing .103 version, my storm suddenly heats up so much. My battery does not last more than 6 hrs, whether i use it or not. And at the end of 6 hrs my storm is so hot that u can actually make popcorn on it. Any ideas as to why??

Tried to get back to the previous version, but when i try to do that and select the preferred os and click on next in the manager, it says there is nothing to upgrade. Any idea how can i get back to the previous version. Tried reading all the forums on how to downgrade, nothing has helped yet.

Anything will help, fixing .103 issue or downgrading....help me!!

Jackal
    yo.. i first dl'd .103 and my phone started to drain pretty fast like 50% in a few hours but i just reloaded my 3rd party apps and now its lasting more then it did from .76.. also if u have weather bug, turning off my location helps

since the reload of apps and bat pull later phone is great.. nothing to complain about except its still not as quick as i want it to be
    02-15-09 09:04 PM
    I have been running .103 for about 24 hrs now and I LOVE IT!!!
    the only thing is Memory is dropping like a rock!!
    After a batter pull it starts at about 38 mb
    within a few hours its at 13 mb
    for 3rd party apps I have:
    Facebook
    beyond411/berry411
    google maps
    google sync

I know its a known issue, I just wanted to share and compare
    02-15-09 09:24 PM
    These are things I noticed after downloading and using .103 upgrade:
    1) camera does work faster
    2)flip of phone does work faster
    3)more memory available

4)no sound alerts to email or any messages, even though setting have been set and verified

5) when deleting messages and emails, no longer asked to delete on handheld and desktop, or handheld only

deleting trash messages twice now...

anyone else have these issues? I could use some help as to correcting these 2 major problems. Everything else seems to work fine.
    02-15-09 09:31 PM
    After the update to this version from .99 I noticed improved performance on the camera, dial-pad, music/video/pictures. Even a steadier accelerometer when rotating the Storm. I tested it with some third party apps like Viigo, Slacker Radio and it worked fine. I then turned it off for the night or at least I thought it turned off when the message said "Turning off Handheld" and woke up to find that my battery was completely dead.

After charging it back to 100% I noticed that the battery was draining faster than usual. I checked the usual suspects, weatherbug, facebook, GPS, instant messangers, viigo,etc and the screen settings and all were set as they should be.

So being a newbie with the blackberry storm I think it had something to do with this upgrade. I've read some similiar issues in other forums regarding this upgrade. Has anyone else had this issue?
    02-15-09 09:37 PM
    Ok, so i went from .75 to .103. that being said, this is my first upgrade of a leaked OS and i am digging it. the only reason i actually did this in the first place was that the old OS started having problems. such as every now and then a "Null.pointer.exception" error would pop up, it was getting increasingly slower and lock ups were becoming more frequent. When i did the upgrade i was actually impressed at how easy it was, nothing like i thought. The bad things that happened were: my contacts werent there, and neither was my browser. But i just restored the backup that DM asked for, before the .103 install and the contacts problem solved itself. as for the browser i had to register the handheld under options, which wasnt all that bad. this OS is a huge step up from the other one. So far everything works very well. i dig the camera's transperancy pane, as well as response. Browser is much faster (a huge plus in my book) phone is generally as snappy as i wanted it to be in the first place. keyboard still seems to get caught up when im typing quickly, but that is so far rare (for me and the phone as well). Hope this helps anyone.
    02-15-09 10:37 PM
    This is definitely the best OS so far in my opinion and I have installed every leaked beta since I got this phone.

Pros: Typing is a lot more accurate and I don't seem to have as much lag, browser is alot faster,portrait to landscape switch is much faster,camera seems to work like it should.

Cons: headphones button no longer switches songs on slacker radio, still have the "turning handheld off" error when I get a text and click the screen before the sound is done playing,battery seems to drain fast even when not using the phone.

All in all it's by far the best OS I've used yet but I don't know if I can deal with not being able to switch songs with my headphones button!
    02-15-09 11:06 PM
    only complaint would be that video playback is choppy. First time it has happened, and only in .103. Other than that, Really liking this OS
    02-15-09 11:57 PM
    Yeah, .103 has been the best, stable OS I've seen thus far! No problems really except for occasional lag in the accelerometer.

Love it!
    02-15-09 11:59 PM
    I was very nervous about this because it's a company phone but I decided to try out 103 (from official 75) after reading this thread and not having anything better to do tonight. This is my first try at upgrading OS. I read all the appropriate posts about 20 times, then went through the whole procedure (decided to try it without wiping figuring I could do it again, if needed). At the end, everything went fine and I messed around with the phone for a while and yes - it is faster and has more memory and qwerty in portrait but the color depth is not nearly as good.

I figured I would run maxmem and try to free up even more memory so I did. Then I downloaded Quickpull and ran it to reboot. At about 90% reboot, I got App Error 523. Pulled battery several times but got the same thing. Hooked up to computer but DM didn't recognize. Was thinking I would need to wipe, then found "Blackberry 101 - how to recover nuked BB" and found out I can run the apploader exe (not through DM) and it will recognize my phone, which it did. I was able to uncheck Quickpull and Maxmem (to remove them) and it worked. I'm back in business with 103. Whew.

The only think that didn't happen was my BES did not auto-reactivate, even though I'm hooked up to my company laptop. I will need to call IT in the morning.

I am now scared to try a bat pull wondering if it will work.
    02-16-09 12:12 AM
    where can I get a link to .103 or .106
    02-16-09 01:36 AM
    This is my first upgrade from .75. Was trying to hold off for an official vzw release but since that won't be happening till march, i figured what the heck.

Pros: Camera is defenitly more responsive Nice touch with translucent bottom.
    Accelerometer is very quick
    Screen is defenitly more responsive when you drag your finger up and down.
    Browser is quicker.

Cons: Video playback is very choppy, unwatchable. Anyone else notice this?
    Hope battery life will be ok.

Glad i upgraded.
    02-16-09 01:43 AM
    1. movie playback sucks!!!! How am I supposed to watch movies at work now!
    2. When I am in the main menu in portrait view it takes a few seconds to flip into landscape view.

Great other than that camera actually takes pics in a few seconds now!
    02-16-09 02:01 AM
    i haven't had this much trouble with an os in a while. i actually got so mad i threw the phone at the wall and cover poped off and battery came out. put it back together and phone has been ok i guess keyboard works now. Oh yeah i did 4 batt pulls before throwing it at the wall in like 3 hours...

does it help to use that JL loader and wipe the phone clean before upgrading? Do you think i should try that jloader, ive never used it before. What does that program actually do?
    02-16-09 03:37 AM
    i haven't had this much trouble with an os in a while. i actually got so mad i threw the phone at the wall and cover poped off and battery came out. put it back together and phone has been ok i guess keyboard works now. Oh yeah i did 4 batt pulls before throwing it at the wall in like 3 hours...

does it help to use that JL loader and wipe the phone clean before upgrading? Do you think i should try that jloader, ive never used it before. What does that program actually do?
    I don't know about JL loader but drawing on my vast stores of technical knowledge I can say this with a high degree of certainty - Throwing your Blackberry against the wall will not help it to operate any better.
    02-16-09 06:35 AM
    I must say I have had ABSOLUTELY NO problems or issues with this version 103! I've had it on my phone now since it released, and memory remains at 30MB or more.. never have had to do any battery pulls or anything, everything runs more smoothly and faster and stays that way, unlike previous version where after a few days of "settling in" it starts acting up -- with this 103, so far, its been what, like a week if not more now?? I am very happy with this, and only wander what the VZW official release that is supposedly supposed to come out here in March will be doing in its OS that will make it better than what I am experiencing already in .103. I know for whatever reason that some phones seem to still act up differently than others upgrading to newer releases, and some MAY still be having certain issues with this version, but it def does seem that a majority of people on here and other sites that are using .103 are having next to no problems if none at all. I seriously can't find anything to complain about in this version at all.

I'm with ya. Been running it since Thursday, have a lot of 3rd Party Apps. Been enjoying the stability. The screen and texting is so much more stable and accurately responsive to my typing. The camera works just fine. Browser, BBM, apps, everything right where they should be when I did what I was supposed to after install. Only 2 or 3 battery pulls after 5 days. Not bad. We're getting close.
    Last edited by yomonk1; 02-16-09 at 07:31 AM. Reason: old signature ~~~> Obviously running .103
    02-16-09 07:30 AM
    Does a2dp video work in this release?
    02-16-09 07:33 AM
    Help.. I've gotten pretty good at this, I thought. Until today. I copied the .90 radio file into the .103 OS, uninstalled ALL OS (.75, .90) on my PC, other than .103, wiped with JL CMDER, and installed .103. I now have on my phone .75 when I look in options/about.

Any idea what's going on? DM and Apploader don't show any updates available now either.

Thanks,
    02-16-09 08:27 AM
    I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to the leaked .103 and am really impressed with the speed. So far, my lag issues have all gone away. The web is lightning fast and everything (knock on wood) seems to be fine.
    02-16-09 09:56 AM
    I finally upgraded to 103 and like what I see so far. The only issue I'm running into is I can't seem to use some of my old pictures as my custom wallpaper anymore.

Anyone else have issues with that?
    02-16-09 10:14 AM
    anyoen else having trouble activating BES. It just sits at activating email address. any suggestions?
    02-16-09 11:58 AM
    I have had my phone freeze when leaving the BB messenger app open and after receiving some messages i have to do a battery pull....any one have this issue...also sometime the back light doesn't dim
    Last edited by nal13; 02-16-09 at 12:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    02-16-09 12:07 PM
1,576 ... 5455565758 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD