i installed without a wipe. found
    better memory management (but we'll wait to see how that goes throughout the course of the day & night)
    i like the fact that you have to have the screen tilted more than like 5 degrees to one side in order for the screen to switch from portrait to landscape. the previous versions switched too easily and happened a lot...by accident.
    i just put the phone in the case..so i don't know about locking the device
    my camera's still lagging a few ticks before the picture snaps.
    saving photos sucks. is there an autosave option that just stores it right to the media card so you can snap another picture right away?

i started the day with 95% battery after 12 hours of use from last night.... after install...battery dipped a bit...but i always expect the 1st charge to last shorter than the rest
    02-11-09 02:40 PM
    What about stereo BT sound with Video?

There was some concern that this was actually removed and was not going to be put back...
    02-11-09 02:42 PM
    Doesn't seem any different to me than .99 other than I out-typed the keyboard for the first time ever. And I'm a VERY slow typist on the Storm. Maybe it will pick up once it's all adjusted and happy. The camera *might* be a little quicker, but I'm not sure. Otherwise it doesn't really seem any different to me. but it's only been an hour!

And for those asking...no bluetooth for video.
    02-11-09 02:43 PM
    loading up now. will check out the bluetooth thing and give my initial reactions, though it doesn't fair to judge this build based off of initial findings. oh well, i'll still do it!
    02-11-09 02:44 PM
    What about stereo BT sound with Video?

There was some concern that this was actually removed and was not going to be put back...
    working fine here
    02-11-09 02:44 PM
    I've read all 7 pages so far, and haven't read anything regarding battery life. If someone's already posted on this and I missed it, I apologize.

If not, what are everyone's findings? My battery life on .99 is atrocious, but I'm liking most of the other features enough to be wary of updating just yet...
    02-11-09 02:47 PM
    I think battery life takes a little time to figure out. I'm sure you will find that out in a day or so.
    02-11-09 02:48 PM
    I've read all 7 pages so far, and haven't read anything regarding battery life. If someone's already posted on this and I missed it, I apologize.

If not, what are everyone's findings? My battery life on .99 is atrocious, but I'm liking most of the other features enough to be wary of updating just yet...
    im not sure if it's fair to judge the battery life on like an hour or so of usage. dunno though, i guess you could find something
    02-11-09 02:49 PM
    Blackberry messenger crashes and locks up still...... Nothing new.
    mine works fine. im testing it with someone in this thread right now.
    02-11-09 02:50 PM
    I dont see much change based on the readings, what if the hybrid method could be used on this os. If the accelerometer is more precise would that not make this the perfect os?
    02-11-09 02:50 PM
    my initial experience.
    things tested
    accelerometer- seems to work faster than .99 and about the same as the hybrids.

browser speed- noticed that is was quicker

browser itself- i noticed that is was more responsive to my touch. as well with accuracy. it might be me getting used to it but just putting it out there.

media-no media errors at all mediacard works great. and one thing i noticed is that the quality of my music has greatly increased. the bass doesn't drown or crackle and it's at the same setting as before "loud". it's clearer, but still not as loud as i need for my bike. using 3 different pairs of headphones for that test.

vsod testing- i have only got this in .86 once other that nothing and testing on .103 came up as no signs of the vsod after 4 batt pulls in a row.

any other tests people would like me to try i'm up for
    02-11-09 02:52 PM
    This build was already used in the hybrid

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 02:53 PM
    Portrait QWERTY or not?
    02-11-09 02:54 PM
    When are they going to allow the bluetooth with video on the storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 02:54 PM
    First leak upgrade from .75 for me - only been playing around for a few minutes, but did notice that i immediately started with ~45MB memory instead of the ~36 i had with .75

Overall everything seems pretty snappy
    02-11-09 02:55 PM
    Portrait QWERTY--Yep. Green Go button too.
    02-11-09 02:55 PM
    i
    i like the fact that you have to have the screen tilted more than like 5 degrees to one side in order for the screen to switch from portrait to landscape. the previous versions switched too easily and happened a lot...by accident.
    I completely agree. Thank God they got that right! I rarely, if ever, hold the phone completely upright when I'm lying down or reclined. The constant switching and subsequent lag from flipping from portrait to landscape and back multiple times got really frustrating.
    02-11-09 02:57 PM
    ah, my bad totally on that one. I wasn't sure when the leak actually dropped. pwned on that one.
    02-11-09 02:57 PM
    Here's what i've seen so far:

-- Reboots can take a LONG time...
    -- Bluetooth Movie audio is still not working. Music works fine though...
    -- Incoming call quality on btooth headset is terrible (only one call so far.. so not a great test)
    -- I was playing a song on the phone when I received a call. After my call I was left with the bottom portion of the music buttons stuck permanently on the screen, even after exiting the app. I was able to rotate sideways (which cleared it) and was able to see all the icons, but rotating back to portrait brought the player controls back. I had to do a reboot to get rid of it.

-- browser does seem a bit faster, but that could just be the reboot(s)

-- All 3rd party apps still work fine.
    02-11-09 02:59 PM
    procedure I used...
    used control panel to remove existing .99 install from PC
    downloaded | deleted BS .cod and vendor files
    re-started computer
    installed w/o a wipe right over .99 with AppLoader (not DM)
    Allowed Apploader to do Back-up/Restore
    Took less than 20 minutes start-finish (after download)
    Did not disconnect from the internet this time (no reason)
    performed 2 battery pulls (5 minutes out each time)
    done...
    BTW: Boot time for both battery pulls was 2:10 (yes, I timed it, I know...)

my findings...imho
    no media card issue on boot-up
    no VSOD on boot-up
    memory started at 51.6MB
    typing lag still exists, but IS slightly improved
    graphics seem a bit improved; still a bit grainy when viewing keyboard
    scrolling (swiping) through pics is fast
    camera is just about acceptable-image capture is fast/saving works even for 2nd pic and more
    video capture works well and saves
    qwerty keyboard in portrait is an option
    green "go" button is there
    lock and unlock are definitely faster
    transitions fades between screens is still present but does not hinder speed
    going back to .85 (best os for me so far).

- typing lag is killin me
    - no mms (square color boxes)
    - jackhammering my battery
    Camera seems a tad more grainy to me, but not sure

Color Depth feels about the same as .99, though might just be me, might be just a tad worse

Portrait Qwerty seems tad more accurate to me, or I might just be getting used to it finally.

Like the others, nice responsive accelerometer, nice fast browsing. Seems stable so far, no VSOD, no lag
    02-11-09 03:00 PM
    Do not have green Go button anymore on landscape keyboard using .103
    02-11-09 03:00 PM
    my initial experience.
    things tested
    accelerometer- seems to work faster than .99 and about the same as the hybrids.

browser speed- noticed that is was quicker

browser itself- i noticed that is was more responsive to my touch. as well with accuracy. it might be me getting used to it but just putting it out there.

media-no media errors at all mediacard works great. and one thing i noticed is that the quality of my music has greatly increased. the bass doesn't drown or crackle and it's at the same setting as before "loud". it's clearer, but still not as loud as i need for my bike. using 3 different pairs of headphones for that test.

vsod testing- i have only got this in .86 once other that nothing and testing on .103 came up as no signs of the vsod after 4 batt pulls in a row.

any other tests people would like me to try i'm up for
    Could you lock the screen and see how long it takes to actually lock the device?
    Also, when receiving a call is there any lag when you hit the answer button? Sometimes in 99 it will stop and then start ringing again without actually answering the phone?
    Thannks!
    02-11-09 03:01 PM
    for those of you downgrading to the OS that worked the best for you, it seems that when some people downgade to their past good OS, things dont work as well as they originally did. wipe or no wipe.
    02-11-09 03:02 PM
1,576 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD