Ok So I've been runn .103 for a full day and have noticed only one thing different from .99 When I open the camera for the first time in a long time the screen will distort and lines run through it from side to side and if I wait a second the camera picture will show under it and come through clear only in a small window in the center, If I take a picture like this it still works and saves in the full view but the "viewfinder" is distorted. If i exit camera and go back in it seems to reinitialize the camera and work fine. My battery is at 50% after a full day of playing, which is normal for me through all versions. I still notice when trying to answer the phone sometimes when I press the talk button (physical button since I gave up on the screen button long ago) it will stop ringing, I put the phone to my ear and it starts to ring again, (not so fun). I think I found the reason and a possible solution...It seems when using a side holster the phone is in landscape mode, when I pull it out it is in portrait and if I press the talk button before it flips it doesn't recognize the button pressed. I think in the last two OS (.99 and .103) the idea to only have the phone keypad and contacts in portrait was a great idea! No one dials horizontally but I think to expand and make it easier to answer the phone (main function of this device we all love to play with) all phone functions should be locked to protrait. Any thoughts???
    02-12-09 09:27 PM
    had a random reboot when receiving a message today but have not had a BBM lock up yet
    02-12-09 09:28 PM
    Thanks for the reply!! i did clear the Cache and still nothing!! is there other settings that should be tweaked?

now it says cannot connect to the internet, try again and if this problem presists contact your service provider
    means ur internet not working
    I get the error #1316 while trying to install the program to the computer with the installshield wizard. it always makes it to "validating install" then throws the error... computer is a HP pavillion with Vista and phone is connected via USB cable... and thank you very much for tryin to help.
    wow NOBODY can help? great.
    how do u clear cache mine isnt working either
    02-12-09 09:29 PM
    It's not the history cache. . . i have the same error and I cleared the chache. . . nothing.
    02-12-09 09:31 PM
    open your brower>bb key> options> cache options> clear
    02-12-09 09:32 PM
    that did shyt still no internet
    02-12-09 09:35 PM
    that did shyt still no internet
    our problem has to be OS related!! we are fu_ked!!
    02-12-09 09:37 PM
    i gots no internet either. is it 103 or is the BB server down
    02-12-09 09:37 PM
    browser. menu . options . cache operations... CLEAR EVERYTHING!
    02-12-09 09:38 PM
    I use to have network access earlier but not that I rebooted to get it to see scan and see all the mp3 files.

I no longer can connect to the web, USE bbmapS, youtube, flycast, facebook anything that needs the network.

Trying to use the browser I get:

"Unable to connect to
    the Internet, please try
    again later.

If the problem persists
    please contact your
    service provider.
    OK"

I have already done : data cache clear, history clear, push clear.

options > advanced options > host routing tables > BB menu key > register now

I show 1XEV

Radio is ON

Data Services ON
    Network Selection Mode: Automatic
    Network Technology 1XEV or Global both do the same.

And I have 5 BARS

What am I forgetting????

What am I missing? Why is the network not working?
    02-12-09 09:38 PM
    Well after about 4 hours of use, the only issue I have had is the Web Browser being gone at first.. Which also meant I could not use the net, but after reregistering it worked well. I really have no complaints on this yet. It definately is faster in all aspects.
    02-12-09 09:39 PM
    network is down for hours now!!
    02-12-09 09:39 PM
    i gots no internet either. is it 103 or is the BB server down
    BB server has nothing to do with internet! Do you have the 2 arrows on top right working? try to do a register now. then OTASP the phone. i dont know about ur provider but with OTASP and PRL update it will work.. TELUS's OTASP it *22803 option 1 and then 1 again ... for PRL option 1 then 2 , let the phone beep 2 times after u finish DO NOT HANG UP
    02-12-09 09:40 PM
    I'm reading so many conflicting reports, not sure what to believe. My own experience:

.99 was horrible. The day after installing, I had 4 "white screens"...app error 523 if I remember, I had frequent hard locks, must have pulled the bat 9 times over the day.

.103 after the first day, no problems to report whatsoever, regarding usage. Had a problem during install where the restore of backed up info failed, but was able to manually restore.

I don't know why the drastic difference for people. Some say 99 was the best 103 broken, others say 99 good, 103 better. For me, 99 was unusable, 103 great.
    network is down for hours now!!
    PIN tp PIN WAS down . but now its ok
    I use to have network access earlier but not that I rebooted to get it to see scan and see all the mp3 files.

I no longer can connect to the web, USE bbmapS, youtube, flycast, facebook anything that needs the network.

"Unable to connect to
    the Internet, please try
    again later.

If the problem persists
    please contact your
    service provider.
    OK"

I show 1XEV

Radio is ON

Data Services ON

And I have 5 BARS

What am I forgetting????

me too!!! is this a OS issue or a RIM server isuue?
    02-12-09 09:42 PM

"Unable to connect to
    the Internet, please try
    again later.

If the problem persists
    please contact your
    service provider.
    OK"

I show 1XEV

Radio is ON

Data Services ON

And I have 5 BARS

What am I forgetting????

do register now ... menu, options, advanced options, hostrouting table, REGISTER NOW
    02-12-09 09:43 PM
    i got it now and its flying
    I re-installed .103 today and so far it seems to be working great!!..
    keypad still lags a little, no major issues.
    Overall not a great upgrade so far.

My biggest problem is with audio quality. When running an audio cord to ur stereo, sound kinda fades up and down, and the volume isnt very high at all when at max. Ive noticed this hasnt changed with any upgrades. I really hope they fix this...
    Browser seems possibly a little faster.
    Seems like the sensitivity of the keyboard has changed, like your finger has to be almost perfect on the selected key.
    Battery life is back down again.
    Accelerometer is.....well decent. Not glitching as much
    Lock/unlock works fine
    Pictures load faster.....could use more improvment
    I find my reception is not as good.

There just dont seem to be that many changes with this upgrade to make it worthy. Its not horrible but not great.
    02-12-09 09:44 PM
    i got it now and its flying
    SHARE PLEASE !
    02-12-09 09:45 PM
    re registered re programmed re everything still no internet at all
    02-12-09 09:45 PM
    do register now ... menu, options, advanced options, hostrouting table, REGISTER NOW

Nope that was already tried.

What did work was this phone call:

*228 send option 1

Update: Browser works but is excessively slow. Same with bbmaps, google maps and youtube just keeps trying to get to something.

Really slow.

It reprograms the network access and fixed it. On the air again thanks to Proxis !
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 02-12-09 at 10:02 PM.
    02-12-09 09:46 PM
1,576 ... 3435363738 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD