biggest thing that is bothering me so far is that when i lock it, once the screen blacks out it ALWAYS lights up and unlocks itself right away. any idea what might be causing this??
    02-11-09 07:11 PM
    new to me at least (coming from .75) is that when locked, clicking the screen doesn't bring up the display - either have to click one of the 4 buttons or lock button
    02-11-09 07:15 PM
    Most likely it has to be the way I have installed the prior os's. This install, I did not have to manually load my databases.

I love opening present.

This is the best ... so far.
    02-11-09 07:18 PM
    Lots of reboots and memory leaks are real bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 07:18 PM
    Lots of reboots and memory leaks are real bad.

How many lots?
    How did you diagnose that it was a memory leak? Which java module was not performing garbage cleanup? kthxbye
    02-11-09 07:21 PM
    Forwarding an MMS still does not work in this build.
    That kills it for me...I will not be trying this build. I'm far too happy with situs build to try a build with no MMS...

02-11-09 07:28 PM
    This is a first for me so I don't know if it is .103 or not.

I have a message:
    Application Downloads or admin changes require device to reboot for approx 2 minutes. Device inoperable for voice, data and 911 while rebooting. Notice 1 of 5.

(with two buttons: REBOOT NOW/REBOOT LATERZ)

and: Automatic reboot in 10 minutes if no selection made.

(OK I was kidding about "laterz" but it does say everything else.)

Is this new or just new to me?

That is the standard messaging from Quickpull, not the BB OS.
    02-11-09 07:30 PM
    That's odd cause I don't have and never have ever had quickpull installed.

In fact, I just checked my apps list and it's not in there just in case someone installed it without my knowledge.
    02-11-09 07:33 PM
    they should be in a different folder. if all else fails, I am sorry for you. next time, back up before every update !
    FOUND IT! The DM was filing them in two different locations. The default "restore" program only listed the one restore from December. However, after doing some searching under advanced, I was able to find them and restore it.
    Thanks to Crackberry again...used the advanced function after reading about someone else doing it here.

Currently, .103 seems stable but it has only been up a few hours. Typing does still seem sluggish and I think it has been a bit slow between portrait/landscape switches compared to Hybrid #3

Joe
    02-11-09 07:34 PM
    I think this has been the most stable leaked OS I've had on my Storm. No random reboots, no VSOD, no lock ups...it just works!

The color depth is the same as .99 (blech) and the blue highlight while typing is still lagging, but not as bad as I saw with .99.

So far I'm pleased. I'm hoping the memory and battery management is up to par, but it's too soon to tell for me.

Fix up the color depth, fix the typing lag, take care of the bluetooth audio for videos and I think this thing will be in a good place.
    02-11-09 07:36 PM
    okay shadow.xxx calm down, is it really that big of a deal? It's an internet forum thread, not something to get all worked up about. I dont think one tiny little post is going to ruin your reading experience.
    Thanks for all the help leo.brazuca!
    No prob. anytime you need and if I can help you...I sure will.

Now, everything went fine with the phone?
    02-11-09 07:40 PM
    so far for me:

browser is faster

typing and texting is slower

camera is a ton faster, and doesn't randomly not save soo far

comparing it to seth's btw also
    02-11-09 07:40 PM
    Dont download this os its a glitch!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-11-09 07:43 PM
    There is no difference between this build and .99 other than the typing lag is worse than ever. I have installed every os update and in my opinion the best build other than random restarts was .90

02-11-09 07:43 PM
    i know this thread is just for findings but im a newbie at the os upgrade thing do i need to back up my contacts some how and if so how
    02-11-09 07:44 PM
    why? Can you back this up or were you trying to troll.....
    02-11-09 07:44 PM

i think your a glitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-11-09 07:45 PM
    i know this thread is just for findings but im a newbie at the os upgrade thing do i need to back up my contacts some how and if so how
    There is a sticky on how to upgrade to beta OS as for back ups - follow the links in DM
    02-11-09 07:45 PM
    Install went great, but I have a lower case 1exv so I can't access my data plan. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.
    02-11-09 07:53 PM
    Thats wrong. If you delete an app, for example, and do not choose to restart the device when it asks you the first time, it will then prompt you with that same message. You have five chances to restart the device. It is not only with Quickpull.
    02-11-09 07:54 PM
    The one problem I have is, if I receive a text message when the screen is dimmed the phone will freeze for like 30-40 seconds before I can see anything.
    02-11-09 07:54 PM
    Already posted but I've noticed

1. Phone boots up slower again. .99 was superfast

2.Keyboard lags even worse when typing in the browser. (Why can't they fix this)

3. In .99 I would have about 35mb of app memory. Now I have 41.

I've only had it for about a half hour but nothing else has went wrong yet. To early to tell of course.
    02-11-09 07:55 PM
    Also my browser and MMS is gone. Can this be fixed? thanks
    02-11-09 07:55 PM
    I'll tell you my thoughts tomorrow when my phone finally boots up.

I kid, but it took FOREVERRRR. Too early to tell.
    02-11-09 07:56 PM
    Installation worked, but my contacts were not on there. I am restoring my backed up files. Is this the right way to do it??
    I know leo.brazuca will help! =)
    02-11-09 07:57 PM
1,576 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD